Cricket World Cup Discussion

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Steve Smith showed us last night why he is still a gun. He won that game for us by showing patience and rebuilding an innings around the lower order. It’s something we badly missed from him in the past year. Maxwells shot second ball is further proof he should bat lower

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Big game this.

I think this is the best XI we can field personally, glad we've got Lyon & Behrendorff in.

Finch (c), Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Maxwell, Stoinis, Carey (wk), Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Behrendorff

roo-ted

NRL Player
Big game this.

I think this is the best XI we can field personally, glad we've got Lyon & Behrendorff in.

Finch (c), Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Maxwell, Stoinis, Carey (wk), Cummins, Starc, Lyon, Behrendorff
It would be interesting to see them through Wade in the mix, especially after the massive innings he had the other day

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Poor finish from Australia, missing out on at least 30-40 runs there.
It would be scary to see what Maxi could do if he hung around longer then 15-20 balls
That’s the problem though, Australia only have Maxwell to rely on as a late overs hitter. That was why I was so pro-Turner being in the side.

roo-ted

NRL Player
That’s the problem though, Australia only have Maxwell to rely on as a late overs hitter. That was why I was so pro-Turner being in the side.
M.Marsh can smash them around the park when in form.. dare I say it, and you also get the opinion of throwing him the ball for a few overs.
Wade is also another one that had found form over the last few months.
Dan Christian could of been an interesting inclusion.
Stoinis has been disappointing for mine

Last edited:

Ponga01

QCup Player
M.Marsh can smash them around the park when in form.. dare I say it, and you also get the opinion of throwing him the ball for a few overs.
Wade is also another one that had found form over the last few months.
Dan Christian could of been an interesting inclusion.
Stoinis has been disappointing for mine
I would put Christian in the T20 World Cup squad because we don’t have many young all rounders that are half decent

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
That’s our best side from the squad we’ve got. Really like that bowling attack with Dorff opening. Fingers crossed we get similar conditions in the finals, or a pitch with something in it anyway. We’d be a red hot chance.

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
Just looked at the table for the first time in a while, England are more a chance of missing out than I thought. They probably make it but there's a few scenarios that wouldn't be a big surprise that see them not qualify.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Just looked at the table for the first time in a while, England are more a chance of missing out than I thought. They probably make it but there's a few scenarios that wouldn't be a big surprise that see them not qualify.
I can't see them beating India and even NZ is debatable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter