Cricket writer Peter Roebuck dies

Never had anyone from the media ring and ask if I wish to hear something before they print a story.

Never had anyone from the media ring and ask if I wish to hear something before they print a story.

Newspapers used to base it on which editions sold more based on their cover stories (Front and back pages).
TV and radio bulletins based it on their ratings.
Internet news sites base it on most popular stories (just look at the crap that always features in "most popular" on news.com.au).

Public personalities (particularly sportsmen/women and performing artists) attract a lot of interest. Sad fact of life.

Of course, if Joe Average was interviewed about an alleged sexual assault and then killed themself they'd also make headlines.

It's sensationalist journalism. I don't read news.com anymore because that's the way they've gone. And if you ever go to their website, there's not much else to choose from.

I particularly hate how they show footage of animals dying/being killed. Yet somehow the sick mofo's surfing the internet make this the "most popular" article of the week. ffs.

---

Anyway, back to Peter Roebuck. Looks like he's in trouble for sexual assault. (I only know this from the blurb attached to the news link, I didn't actually click the link)

Anyway, back to Peter Roebuck. Looks like he's in trouble for sexual assault.

He's not in trouble anymore.

Also the alleged victim is a male.

Somehow they will try & blame the cop that was there, for his death.

I find it interesting that it happened at the only time there wasn't two police in the room.

His friend Jim Maxwell who he contacted said he was in an agitated state.

Wouldn't you be in an agitated state if the police just said you were about to be arrested for sexually assaulting a bloke?

His friend Jim Maxwell who he contacted said he was in an agitated state.

Yes, and you neglected to mention that Jim Maxwell also said he didn't suspect anything suspicious had happened.

He's not in trouble anymore.

Also the alleged victim is a male.

Somehow they will try & blame the cop that was there, for his death.
Who cares if the victim is male? It's still sexual assault (allegedly).
---
You'd also be in an agitated state (I imagine) just before you kill yourself.

It's still quite odd given he called Maxwell to help him organise a lawyer. One for the conspirators I 'spose.

Yes, and you neglected to mention that Jim Maxwell also said he didn't suspect anything suspicious had happened.

He isn't going to say, I thought he was guilty etc.

Noone is mentioning the 1999 bum caning incident. (apart from me)

And to think he could have been rehabilitated....

From what? And the jokes getting a little old now man.

The first part was a genuine question, what do you think he was doing wrong? The other part was an observation.

Read the article you might figure it out

Sorry man, was interested in your personal opinion, my bad.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.