Cricket writer Peter Roebuck dies

Quite seriously, doesn't look like there's any detail about what the alleged sexual assault is regarding. It's not related to the caning of boys on the backsides, surely. That wasn't sexual, that was corporal punishment.

Frankly whatever it is should be left to let lie. Just like people should quit with the Michael Jackson rumours and allegations now he's dead.
As soon as the person in question can't defend themselves, they should be left in peace IMO.

Quite seriously, doesn't look like there's any detail about what the alleged sexual assault is regarding. It's not related to the caning of boys on the backsides, surely. That wasn't sexual, that was corporal punishment.

Frankly whatever it is should be left to let lie. Just like people should quit with the Michael Jackson rumours and allegations now he's dead.
As soon as the person in question can't defend themselves, they should be left in peace IMO.

Yeah! Screw justice for the victims.

Well what punishment are they after? Turn him into a zombie and blow his head off?

The recognition that the deceased person has done horrible things to them that have affected their life; vindication of their claims; emotional closure, and perhaps financial compensation from their estate.

I agree with Dukey. If he's done something wrong, his name should be shamed. But rumours need to stop.

The recognition that the deceased person has done horrible things to them that have affected their life; vindication of their claims; emotional closure, and perhaps financial compensation from their estate.

That's all well and good. Like mrslong, I think the media/public witchhunt of people after death is tasteless.
Let the justice processes do their job in private, respecting the family of the person who has died. Regardless of any guilt, their families will still be grieving for their loss and don't need to read about innuendo and scuttlebutt (I love that word) in the press.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.