Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Croft 'honoured to be a Bronco'
broncos.com.au
2 Dec 2019, 02:47 PM

BRODIE Croft says he is honoured to be a Bronco and can hardly believe he is being talked about as the next halfback of the club.

The former Storm half had his first training day with his new team this morning after signing a three-year deal with the club on Friday.

And the fact that he has the chance to train for the opportunity to wear the jersey made famous by Allan Langer was not lost on him.

"It's a prestigious jersey at a prestigious club," he said.

"It is a massive opportunity for me to be part of, and I am hugely honoured to even be spoken about to be a possibility to play that position at the Brisbane Broncos.

"So many great players have played in that position.

"It has given me something to strive towards and I want to do this club proud."

Croft is Queensland born and raised but has spent his last four years with the Storm, where he played 39 NRL games, including 22 last year.

But his future is as a Bronco.

"Melbourne has been unbelievable in my development both as a footballer and a person," he said.

"I moved down there when I finished school and have been there for the last four years of my life.

"That's been a great experience that I have got a lot out of and I can't thank Melbourne enough for that.

"But now looking forward, I am really excited about 2020, the calibre of players we have in this squad and where we are headed."

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/12/02/croft-honoured-to-be-a-bronco/

Saying all the right things early on, as you would expect.

Needs to get climatized, training in the heat after Melbourne, you can see the Storm player's look fatigued up in Townsville.

Extremely impressed with what I've heard so far from Brodie. He could just be that final missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for. I expect him to go from apprentice to master over the next 12 to 24 months.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 522342.jpg
    522342.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 179
He absolutely seems like a class act in what I have seen of his social media presence. I was also impressed with the comments of the Melbourne supporters left on his Instagram page, he seems to have done a fair bit of community stuff whilst down there. All good signs so far.

Depends if anyone is game enough to put cam smith on his arse. Turpin already smashed cam Munster so he could be the guy to end smith.
I was literally just thinking this.

That is honestly the way to beat Melbourne.

Just go out and bully them. Show no respect and no regard..

Haas Fifita and TPJ all in a row..........Straight at him.

I was literally just thinking this.

That is honestly the way to beat Melbourne.

Just go out and bully them. Show no respect and no regard..

Haas Fifita and TPJ all in a row..........Straight at him.
We tried that this year and got mauled. From memory our pack were in red hot form but they got stomped up against the storms more experienced pack. Hopefully with another 12 months under our belt our youngsters will do better next year.

That’s fucking awesome.

We tried that this year and got mauled. From memory our pack were in red hot form but they got stomped up against the storms more experienced pack. Hopefully with another 12 months under our belt our youngsters will do better next year.

We got mauled this year because of our shoddy, shitty defence out wide, Isaako again consistently standing up to 5m in from his wing, and being caught out, and sloppy marker defence up the middle, exactly what Smith exploits so well. 😒

The Storm standard formula is so simple. Fast play the balls to catch out sloppy marker defence, and fast ball movement out wide to catch out sloppy slide defence. Good defences don't fall for it.

Contrast this year's shambles to our win against them in 2015 where we had a fantastic defence. Remember that game? 11 straight sets defended perfectly on our line. If we gave them 11 sets on our line this year the score would have been 66 nil. If there's one thing Bennett got 100% right in 2015 it was defence (and letting Milf play his natural game). Seibold needs to take note.

Last edited:
Ok, I love the signing too, but FFS, Just lay off Brisbane will ya. make him earn it a bit at least

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.