NEWS Cronk points at Brisbane's shrinking scrotum

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Cooper Cronk sticks up for former team-mate Brody Croft against the backdrop of Pie's ultimatum to avoid the wooden spoon or else lose the NRL's most coveted coaching position at the former glamour club, Brisbane:

“I think that’s an over-reaction and an inflammatory comment to say Croft's not at NRL standard. I feel for him because he went from a Melbourne Storm system that cared for, looked after and protected their players and now he’s gone to Brisbane, where a lot of people were saying he is the buy of the year after two rounds, to all of a sudden the snake pit of the Brisbane Broncos exposure and media attention that has come for him and targeted him.”

“The thing going against him is the Melbourne Storm know his strengths and weaknesses so they are going to target that. He really need to comes out hot, ready to go and fight fire with fire not only for him to bounce back but also the Broncos."

4E81674400000578 0 image a 21 1532327618014

Compared to Cory Paix back in the day. Now look at him.

“The ultimatum of having to win five doesn’t sit well with me because it’s accepting mediocrity. Why would you be a fan, member, player or sponsor of a team that says ‘if we five of 10, which is 50 per cent of your games, why would you think that is successful? It’s beyond me why you would want to be a part of that in any way shape or form."

Cronk says Pies needs to grow some balls and make a ‘statement’ such as axing competition laughing stock, Darius Boyd:

“[He needs to] open up the floor and say who wants to have a jersey this week because you have to go out an play well and earn it. Let’s be on honest, I don’t think the Broncos are going to win on the weekend but if they lose 20-10 or 18-6, that’s a sign that they have fought for the jersey.”

“Suncorp Stadium is not a scary place for the Storm to go to … the style they play, really fast up tempo put the Broncos on the back foot, if the Broncos aren’t careful there could be another cricket score coming."

McHunt

Last edited:
"Melbourne Storm cared for, looked after and protected their players". **** off, Gronk. Melbourne are a protected species while the media know that anything Broncos bashing is going to get Maximum Clicks. Does he think we push them out the gates and slam it shut while the media are waiting with flash bulbs and microphones? Very little of what journos write is backed up by an actual player interview, we can't help who they decide to throw under the bus any given week.

"Melbourne Storm cared for, looked after and protected their players". **** off, Gronk. Melbourne are a protected species while the media know that anything Broncos bashing is going to get Maximum Clicks. Does he think we push them out the gates and slam it shut while the media are waiting with flash bulbs and microphones? Very little of what journos write is backed up by an actual player interview, we can't help who they decide to throw under the bus any given week.
I was wondering where Cronk said Fat Tony(love the slur) should sack Boyd. Did he specifically say, "Seibold should sack Boyd"?

His comment about the board accepting 5/10, being a demonstration that the board is happy with mediocrity is on point.
Is anyone really buying that story? It’s sounds like just another way of saying, we’ll get back to you when the season’s over.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.