Dane Gagai

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
2/2.

Had a couple of nervous moments, but like any TRUE Origin player he stepped up when his team needed.

What an amazing play to win the game for his team.

Has he done enough to keep his place?

Played better than I gave him credit for. But it was a grind. With a more open game he might get exposed. But he can't lose his spot over what-if's. He should be there again IMO.

I'm still worried about the defence on his side but he's done enough to stay in the team.

I have no complaints with Gagai, he's a solid player. The only player who is on the maybe replace list, is O'Neil. I don't know what other options we have but I believe Will Chambers should be back soon-ish? If so he should get his spot back.

I thought tonight showed his great debut last year was no fluke. He seems like a player for big moments, as has been mentioned, would love to get him back and ship out Reed.

Very happy with his performance, although defensively I'm not sold.

I agree re question marks over O'Neil, but I'd think Chambers would need at least 2 games back after being out for such a period before being selected. Aside from that options are limited...

He did some really nice work getting us out of our own end on a few occasions.

His error stat says 3, but one (or two?) of those were incorrect calls. I was impressed. Playing for the Knights can't be good for you, but he still went well.

Gagai was alright. He looks so small out there.
O'Neill was good but Will Chambers has a lot to offer too. The quick pass onto Gagai was great and I wonder if Chambers would have passed it.

Yep, Gagai played a blinder.

He made the most metres from either side and so many of them were tough hit ups early in the set.

He and O'neill were undoubtedly our weak side and they both did their job.

I've been very critical of Gagai for quite some time now, but I was impressed with him tonight.

I'm still not completely sold on him, but if he keeps that up, I'll be happy to have him in the side.

He actually saved our ass tonight.

Mansour was going to score for sure.

I wasn't sold on Gagai after game 3 last year given we won by 50 points, even though he was excellent.

But he was excellent again tonight in a low scoring, tough, dour contest. He made the most metres of any player, scored QLD's only try and was really solid in defence. He totally backed up the selectors decision to pick him.

Like most, I was quite worried about him and O'Neill paired together on the right side, but he definitely went better than I expected, although he still looked a bit dodgy in defense. Great intercept to keep the blews out, even if it meant 6 more tackles for NSW.

He was man of the match for me. He did a lot of grunt work

He was man of the match for me. He did a lot of grunt work

I thought he was a little flat to start with. But to be expected when you play week in week out i n a different position, with the worst of the worst players attempting to **** a door knob around you.

What he has been doing reminds me of Hayne. Struggles at club level because of his shit team but performs always at the next.

He played really well last night. Top 4 players for mine were Boyd, Gillett, Parker & Gagai.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • pennywisealfie
  • Yem
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncsNBundy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Horseheadsup
  • Spoon
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.