RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

He’s in the same boat as Tallis. It’s much easier to sit on the sidelines throwing criticism around than actually being responsible for major decisions and making change.

**** me if James Hooper had 2 brain cells he would be dangerous, I swear his wife must dress him in the morning and cut up his food.

They were talking about this on Triple M and Maroon asks the very sensible question of what qualifications exactly does Ikin have to suggest he can or should be a CEO. Hooper holds up him being the host of NRL360 for 10 years. Well of course, nothing prepares you for running one of the largest sporting organisations in Australia like hosting a TV show. Maybe we should see if Rove McManus would be up for the role.

If it’s true though, at least he is willing to put his hand up and not sulk in the corner like Tallis.
Well maybe he is, we don’t know yet. He’s already said he has a great gig at Fox.

I want someone who has played high level rugby league but also has a PhD in business, they must be Qlders from anywhere east of Roma and south of Gladstone. They mast have minimum 15 years experience as ceo of a successful professional sporting club that has multiple premierships and be continuously profitable.

That is all.

I want someone who has played high level rugby league but also has a PhD in business, they must be Qlders from anywhere east of Roma and south of Gladstone. They mast have minimum 15 years experience as ceo of a successful professional sporting club that has multiple premierships and be continuously profitable.

That is all.

you'll be waiting forever to find that person ... because he hasn't been born yet

bring back ribot

I said last week I really like Ikin and the reasons and think he's done a great job at the QRL- fine for people to question his ability to be a CEO but Ribot had never been a CEO either he was the QRL development manager when he got the Broncos' role.
[automerge]1594591876[/automerge]
Ribot needs to be explored for sure! Get him back here

He has so much to do running leagues clubs and counting his money and at 66 who the hell would want to jump back to that.

Last edited:
I said last week I really like Ikin and think he's done a great job at the QRL- fine for people to question his ability to be a CEO but Ribot had never been a CEO either he was the QRL development manager when he got the Broncos' role.
[automerge]1594591876[/automerge]

He has so much to do running leagues clubs and counting his money and at 66 who the hell would want to jump back to that.

I'm not questioning his ability, I don't know what his ability is. All anyone has asked is what qualifications and/or experience does he have besides sitting on a board that suggests he is suited to be a CEO? No-one seems to be able to answer that. I appreciate he is smart but there are plenty of smart people that aren't and shouldn't be a CEO.

I'm not questioning his ability, I don't know what his ability is. All anyone has asked is what qualifications and/or experience does he have besides sitting on a board that suggests he is suited to be a CEO? No-one seems to be able to answer that. I appreciate he is smart but there are plenty of smart people that aren't and shouldn't be a CEO.

He doesn't have any experience being the CEO, but I think he's suited to the role but that's just based on my first hand observations and dealing with him and I he's covered a wide range of football roles and could make a good CEO.

Terry Reader would be an excellent candidate too, but not too sure how that would work now- he has been the Chief Strategy officer at the Broncos for 20 years and stepped back to go be CEO of Norths to learn the role of a CEO.

They are a publicly listed company. Surely they can do better than ikin.

Less about options and more about a responsibility to shareholders.
I appreciate the difference, I'm curious to know why OP feels that a publicly listed company has more or better options than a privately run club, which is what he said.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • phoenix
  • RolledOates
  • barker
  • Allo
  • Lurker
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.