RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

Lodge is not captaincy material. Great player, don't get me wrong.. but he's too hot headed and still gives away too many stupid penalties. You need someone who's capable of having a dialogue with the referee which doesn't result in the ref hating us even more. That's why Smith is such a good captain, he talks to the referees like they're his best mates, and it works.

The closest thing we have to that on our team is probably Lexy. I'd happily give him the captaincy for a couple of years, until we find a long-term replacement. People who are suggesting Gillett have rocks in their head, much like Matt himself.

This might sound odd but I honestly think that what happened on Sunday will be the best thing that could happen to us and will finally be the start of this shitshow turning around. The administration of the Broncos are clearly a bunch of soft ***** more concerned with being mates with everyone and the PR of the club than they are with winning. This humiliation has now done 2 things, it is put this softcocks' job on the line and it has given them an excuse to finally **** off the deadwood like Boyd and Macca.

They can now go to them and say "sorry guys, if it were up to me you would play here for ever but the decision is now out of my hands". At the same time, they won't need to worry about the PR fallout because the media is already screaming for it. It is disgusting that it needed to come to this, but it is what it is.

For me the answer to turn this all around is really simple.

1. Sack Boyd and Macca, I would also consider moving on Milford.
2. Make Lodge captain.

With the first point this does 2 things, it instantly gets rid of the 2 players that have absolutely destroyed our attack, and it fixes the very obvious attitude problem most of the others have. I can understand the frustration the other players must feel watching these 2 plod around and **** shit up with no consequences so why would you try. Also, all these ***** would instantly be on notice and know that there is nowhere to hide. Now I know that some posters will tell me how much the players love Boyd and there would be a revolt, well you know what? good. The softcocks can **** off, tell them where the door is and tell them to make it quick so it doesn't smack them on the way out.

Making Lodge captain officially instills the only natural leader we have and just reinforces the job he is already doing. Yes it would be a PR nightmare, but good. I am sick of us being choir boy ***** that care what everyone else thinks. We have always been at our best when everyone hates us so bring on the hate.

I’m not talking about the average fan of other clubs. Sponsors would drop us left right and centre.

You think sponsors are loving what they are seeing currently?

For every sponsor that left another would join, and if the current sponsors really had this supposed issue then they wouldn't be a sponsor with him as a player.

Is fafita a talker? He looks kinda quite or is it just because he’s young? I’m not a fan of giving it lodge it doesn’t feel right to me plus he’s off the field for 40mins a game. Carrigan looks a leader and he’s smart articulate and can carry a sentence.

One of the things I haven’t been a fan of is giving the captaincy to players who are at the end of their career for one thing they are never around long enough to instil a standard and two they can fall off a fucking cliff (Boyd) and can no longer lead by example.

My vote is no captain for next year! let’s see who naturally does it and has players listen too because they are a natural leader.

I remember Sam saying Offa is the forward leader of this pack when he retired..... I haven’t seen anything special from him ever and was confused by his signing but they did sign him early and for a lot and if they think so much of him wouldn’t surprise me if they made him captain

Make Milford captain. Tell him next year is his year, sink or swim. Step up and actually be the number one guy, in charge, every game, talk, run, kick, everything - or leave.

You think sponsors are loving what they are seeing currently?

For every sponsor that left another would join, and if the current sponsors really had this supposed issue then they wouldn't be a sponsor with him as a player.

Lump a controversial captain onto the shit show we are currently and no one will come within cooee of us.

Is he even a good choice for captain anyway? Just because he’s got a bit of mongrel about him, seems like a knee jerk reaction due to how insipid Boyd has been.

Last edited:
It’s a sad day when a once great club can't find a fucking captain.

Last edited:
He didn't beat the shit out of anyone, he swung a few drunken punches that did nothing. Exaggerate much? At least he gives a ****, which is more then you can say for most.

He absolutely terrified a young family. It was awful what he did. Him being made captain would be a shocking PR move by the club. It won’t happen.

to me its obvious; the easiest way to make this decision is choose someone from the leadership group...cause that's WHY you have a Leadership group no..?

Unless you have a argument that Siebs has fucked up our Leadership group as well..?

Glenn won't work as Captain alone. He has a kiwi accent and that pisses refs off for some reason, so they just ignore it.

Glenn should of been named captain all the way back in 2012. He was already our vice captain in 2011 to Lockyer. He led the team out on multiple occasions in 2011 when Lockyer was out with origin duty. He had also captained the 2008 u20 side. A big mistake made by the club all those years ago. But I think it's too late to give the captaincy to Glenn now because his future is uncertain and he is ageing.
Id sign him for 2 years. Have Glenn and Gillett as co-captains, both retire end of 2021 and captaincy goes to whoever has stood up over the next 2 years. Possibly Bird/Dearden/Fifita/Carrigan.

The reason for the co-captaincy is so that one of them starts, one on the bench.

So how long does a bloke have to pay for his sins?
I don't condone what he has done, but he obviously is trying to improve himself and be a better person.
I dont know a single person who hasnt fucked up in the past to some extent. Everyone deserves a second chance.

He is already utilising his second chance. Maybe he just needs to accept that his prior actions will continue to impact his life. A harsh lesson yes, but thoroughly needed imo.

I don't see any obvious captain choices among the current playing group. Glenn seems best option to me, but his future is uncertain, and is he in our top 17 at full strength... ditto Gillette, who still seems like he's finding his feet again, and maybe he won't ever, similar to how Tallis went. Maybe a leader needs to be imported. If the club is going to go searching for an experienced half, maybe captaincy needs to be part of the offer. Lodge is getting mixed reactions around here, but the fact he isn't a long term bronco doesn't seem to be a problem, so maybe its time to actually buy a leader that will instil some culture and **** back into the club until the next wave of players are ready to take over the role.

This might sound odd but I honestly think that what happened on Sunday will be the best thing that could happen to us and will finally be the start of this shitshow turning around. The administration of the Broncos are clearly a bunch of soft ***** more concerned with being mates with everyone and the PR of the club than they are with winning. This humiliation has now done 2 things, it is put this softcocks' job on the line and it has given them an excuse to finally **** off the deadwood like Boyd and Macca.

They can now go to them and say "sorry guys, if it were up to me you would play here for ever but the decision is now out of my hands". At the same time, they won't need to worry about the PR fallout because the media is already screaming for it. It is disgusting that it needed to come to this, but it is what it is.

For me the answer to turn this all around is really simple.

1. Sack Boyd and Macca, I would also consider moving on Milford.
2. Make Lodge captain.

With the first point this does 2 things, it instantly gets rid of the 2 players that have absolutely destroyed our attack, and it fixes the very obvious attitude problem most of the others have. I can understand the frustration the other players must feel watching these 2 plod around and **** shit up with no consequences so why would you try. Also, all these ***** would instantly be on notice and know that there is nowhere to hide. Now I know that some posters will tell me how much the players love Boyd and there would be a revolt, well you know what? good. The softcocks can **** off, tell them where the door is and tell them to make it quick so it doesn't smack them on the way out.

Making Lodge captain officially instills the only natural leader we have and just reinforces the job he is already doing. Yes it would be a PR nightmare, but good. I am sick of us being choir boy ***** that care what everyone else thinks. We have always been at our best when everyone hates us so bring on the hate.

This 1000% !!! Absobloodylutely!

Off field antics aside (even though they absolutely shouldn’t be) Lodge is dumb AF, absolutely not to captain material.
Captain needs to be a clean skin off field, and smart on field. Glenn will do for now. Or a co-captain arrangement ala JT & Scott.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.