RUMOUR Darius Boyd and Paul White Standing Down

Milford is dumb as dog shit when it comes to football. He’s a serial whinger and doesn’t put in at training. It’d be a disaster to pay him a million dollars and then also reward him with the captaincy after the crud he’s dished up this season.

Yeah I tend to agree (except for training, I've got no idea if he puts in or not). I meant that by now he should've made the next captain decision a no-brainer, but he hasn't.

Yeah I tend to agree (except for training, I've got no idea if he puts in or not). I meant that by now he should've made the next captain decision a no-brainer, but he hasn't.

Apparently he does enough at training, never puts in extra. You can tell he still eats and drinks what ever he wants too.

Step 1. Lodge for captain, for mine. I'd name it this week, to put a shot over a few bows and to let them all know next season starts now.

Step 2. White should stand down from any involvement in decisions directly relating to football side of things immediately.

Step 3. Kayla Boyd should be called into a meeting this week to discuss her husband's future salary arrangements and what is the best common ground for all parties.

Lodge as captain.
Just can't accept a guy who goes to America gets blind drunk. Beats the shit out of someone. Gets sued. Has anger issues which you c a an see on field. And people w as by him as captain..... Get fucked

In all honesty, I kinda get the feeling Macca will be captain. He’s everyone’s favourite son at the broncos

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Gillette is no captain. Glenn maybe. For me its Lodge. It will put him up a gear I think.
I am not convinced with lodge. He gives such stupid penalties away, and i dont think he invokes the same sort of inspirational leadership (i.e like tallis invoked with an agressive run or tackle).

Sad fact is, most of our team dont have a high footy IQ and the candidates that could be good are still too young. We have a team of followers and no leaders.

Interesting to note that the name (Glenn) being thrown up that seems agreeable to most Broncos fans is actually a guy who doesn't have a playing contract here for 2020 yet.
Glenn should of been named captain all the way back in 2012. He was already our vice captain in 2011 to Lockyer. He led the team out on multiple occasions in 2011 when Lockyer was out with origin duty. He had also captained the 2008 u20 side. A big mistake made by the club all those years ago. But I think it's too late to give the captaincy to Glenn now because his future is uncertain and he is ageing.

Captains:
Gillo isn’t the answer as captain - but I’d say he will be.
Lodge unfortunately can’t be.
Glenn I don’t think will be here come next year.
Milford can’t be.
Boyd/Macca are no brainer can’t be’s and hopefully won’t be in the squad moving forward.

Fifita or Haas at this stage would be my picks..
Dearden or Carrigan could be in 3-5yrs
The rest are all just can’t be’s imo.

Orrrrr, we go all out and offer Cronk $ too good to refuse and give him the keys to the city!! And captain.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not against the idea of Lodge as captain, but after the events of the last couple of years (and especially this year) we need a captain everyone can get behind and I don't think he's the guy.

The decision not to chase Maloney for next year looks really stupid now.

Regardless of his contract demands it would have solved so many of our short term issues.

Lodge would be a Giant F U to the rest of the competition and for that I like it, but I feel it's a year or two too early.

As much as I hate Mitch Moses, he absolutely shits all over Milford I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't be re-signing Milford on any more than 400k. I would honestly like him to **** off altogether to be honest.

I said I’d swap Milford for Moses last year in a heartbeat. If Milford had Moses attitude and discipline, he’d be a far better end product.

Moses gave up his Vegas off season trip to start ripping in before pre season to ensure he was doing everything possible to right the wrongs of the Eels wooden spoon year. Look how that has translated on the field for him. May come across as a prick at times but his attitude, drive and determination to win is what Milford is severely lacking.

Milford is probably already on his 5th serving of Macca’s and will probably show up for pre season 30 seconds before the official start of it.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.