PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Broncos legend, a die hard Bronco, 100% Bronco. And Knight. And Dragon. And whoever.

Family man. Role model. Devoted husband.

QLD legend. Takes a brilliant rugby league mind to catch a Greg Inglis pass and fall over the tryline. Not once. Not twice. But multiple times until you become a genuine Origin superstar.

Most talked about player of 2019 season. Generally above criticism -mental health advocate, but never used that as an excuse. Played so well through the dark times he could simply never be dropped.

A new era at the broncos, and a new kind of club legend is born.

I liked him when he was in his prime but think he has gone on a couple of seasons too long.

Let's not forget the greatest lesson Darry imparted upon us all, "it's only a game".

Well said Darry. This attitude kept the dream alive through seasons 2019 / 2020. I don't doubt we will add to the trophy cabinet this year.

37B14B9A 7557 4B56 8F53 CCAF7B004484

Let's not forget the greatest lesson Darry imparted upon us all, "it's only a game".

Well said Darry. This attitude kept the dream alive through seasons 2019 / 2020. I don't doubt we will add to the trophy cabinet this year.

Worth it bro, you really showed Darius what's up.

I’m not going to pile on but I will say this.

He has played some very good football over his career and reached the highest highs.

Conversely, he has played some very poor football over his career and reached the lowest lows as well.

Unfortunately for us fans, most of the poor football and lowest lows have been over the past 2-3 years.

Nevertheless, he certainly deserves credit for all the good things he has achieved. But sadly, I doubt there are too many fans left that won’t be happy to see the back of him. Definitely played 2 seasons too many.

Enjoy retirement Darius.

Last edited:
Worth it bro, you really showed Darius what's up.

Enjoy the culture of mediocrity and phoning it in at a bare minimum which is now the norm at what used to be the Brisbane Broncos. While you still can, before they clean it out, now that Darry's finally doing the greatest service he ever did and fking off once and for all.

Now you wanna celebrate this chode after what he did to the club? Gross and actually pretty sick in the head of you.

"One thing I know about champions - they won’t embarrass themselves. They never stay too long". Wayne Bennett.

One thing I know about Wayne Bennett nowadays - nearly everything he says is not true.

Reddit is jumping down his throat for biting. Naden shoves his forearm into Boyd's face to begin with but maybe there is something at the end...could he spend the last games suspended? Fitting finish to his season if there is a bite.

Last edited:
It’s getting bad when the marketing team are literally giving away free tickets to members to try and get them to turn up to his last game

Enjoy the culture of mediocrity and phoning it in at a bare minimum which is now the norm at what used to be the Brisbane Broncos. While you still can, before they clean it out, now that Darry's finally doing the greatest service he ever did and fking off once and for all.

Now you wanna celebrate this chode after what he did to the club? Gross and actually pretty sick in the head of you.

I'll celebrate the man's career, nothing sick about that. Glad he's gone too but you never achieved half what he has in your lifetime. Plenty of better players are washed up former versions of themselves at the end of their careers but you lashing out on a fan forum doesn't change anything.

Well done Darry B, well done son.

Congratulations on his career and I hope he has a wonderful retirement but as a Broncos fan I couldn't be happier he's retired. Really, really should have retired a year ago, he's just tarnished a really good career by playing on when he was long past his best as a player.

That being said, he's still our best fullback this year which is a sad indictment of where we're at as a club.

I'll celebrate the man's career, nothing sick about that. Glad he's gone too but you never achieved half what he has in your lifetime. Plenty of better players are washed up former versions of themselves at the end of their careers but you lashing out on a fan forum doesn't change anything.

Well done Darry B, well done son.

Or maybe I did, who knows? You don't know, do ya.

And I didn't say anything posted here changed anything. Do you think Darry's going to read your post sticking up for him and give you a bumpat or something?

You do you. You remember the Darry who could catch an Inglis pass. Thanks to the last few years, here's the Darry I remember. He sucked. Brought the club into disrepute. Made a club that once inspired a city into a laughing stock. Not single handed, sure. But led the way. Hey, did you want a different legacy to be remembered by as a player? Maybe shoulda thought of that sooner. Done the honorable thing and stepped aside. (And not just on the field when someone ran at you).

"Club legend", lol.

Or maybe I did, who knows? You don't know, do ya.

And I didn't say anything posted here changed anything. Do you think Darry's going to read your post sticking up for him and give you a bumpat or something?

You do you. You remember the Darry who could catch an Inglis pass. Thanks to the last few years, here's the Darry I remember. He sucked. Brought the club into disrepute. Made a club that once inspired a city into a laughing stock. Not single handed, sure. But led the way. Hey, did you want a different legacy to be remembered by as a player? Maybe shoulda thought of that sooner. Done the honorable thing and stepped aside. (And not just on the field when someone ran at you).

"Club legend", lol.

He never lost us the game tonight buddy boy. He never brought the club into disrepute. He's a far cry from his former self but you're definitely projecting here.

PS, hey Darius if you're reading this please know that you're the greatest player that ever lived. God damn you're the best. Don't ever retire, please play on forever.

PPS, remember when you used to catch passes from Inglis? Do that again please.

He will get more cheers from people happy to see the back of him ... even hearing him talk pre game is depressing enough

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • thenry
  • Porthoz
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Yem
  • Manofoneway
  • Nerd
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • theshed
  • Financeguy
  • MrRobot
... and 58 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.