Darius Boyd told he won’t play round one, Jack Bird cut loose in Broncos upheaval

After seeing Corey Oates smirking and taking the piss on the news tonight about the pokies stuff, I hope we don't recruit him. Too casual about everything and it's shown in his form this year.

All still speculation from the media. Waiting for the club to make a statement.

If there is truth to the above, my LVP rankings have been fucking spot on :tallica:
Again, no quotes from anyone. Will believe it all when I see it.
Good to see the media where allowed in these meetings
Fake news thread, repeated from the 10 other threads lol
Confirmed on channel 7 news just now.

The writing is on the walls for these guys.

Last edited:
What I don’t get is they are saying that glen has to take a pay cut to stay and now they are supposedly looking at Holmes.
Just looks wrong.

Not really. The club needs a quality fullback. We are plush for second rowers. We need to move away from the 'jobs for the boys' mentality and be more ruthless.

Sharks have a center pairing of Xerri and Ramien next year, which will have them sorted for the next decade.

Jmoz will be moved to wing and takes up bugger all of their cap currently.

Basically they don't need Bird for center and swapping with Jmoz probably sees us footing a large chunk of Bird's salary anyway
Sharks have told Duggan to look around so they may be interested in Bird if that happens

Is Bird even going to be able to get back to his best? He is fairly injury prone, he has bad arthritis already and a newly reconstructed knee to add to that. He is a risk which may not pay any rewards. I would not be opposed to moving him on.

I'm pretty sure Bird has an option in his favour in 2021 and if I had to have a bet on it, I would put money on him not taking up that option and heading back to Sydney in 2021 anyway. All speculation of course, but why not give him the option of heading back home a year early next year and using the 700k or whatever saved to buy what we really need. Even if we had to pay a chunk of Bird's salary, we could still land a good halfback from somewhere, surely.

Who remembers @Smokin' Joe saying 6-8 weeks ago that Darius & Macca already had their "futures taken care of"? Nobody believed him, when will y'all learn? Don't doubt this man.

Who remembers @Smokin' Joe saying 6-8 weeks ago that Darius & Macca already had their "futures taken care of"? Nobody believed him, when will y'all learn? Don't doubt this man.
The fact Darius has repeatedly said he isn't stepping down or retiring makes me think he's happy to just sit in Qcup and cash his cheque.

Makes me wonder if Boyd was told half way through the season that he was gone next year and all this crap about definitely playing on is just a page out of the Bennett playbook.

Makes me wonder if Boyd was told half way through the season that he was gone next year and all this crap about definitely playing on is just a page out of the Bennett playbook.
You'd think if you knew you were nearing the end you'd actually have a go though.

I'm pretty sure Bird has an option in his favour in 2021 and if I had to have a bet on it, I would put money on him not taking up that option and heading back to Sydney in 2021 anyway. All speculation of course, but why not give him the option of heading back home a year early next year and using the 700k or whatever saved to buy what we really need. Even if we had to pay a chunk of Bird's salary, we could still land a good halfback from somewhere, surely.
I think that's what would be happening IF the rumours are true.

It indicates that the Broncos want to keep Bird, but if he gets an offer from Sydney they won't stand in his way.

I think that means they're not really seeing Bird in their future (or at least on that pay packet) beyond this year, or the next year if he takes up his offer, so if he wants some security he could look for a long term deal and make the move early.

If Jack Bird is on $900k a season and he has been asked to leave, that money basically goes to Holmes.

I am also concerned they are struggling to pay Glenn. He is far higher priority signing than Corey Oates IMO and surely would be willing to accept a 2 year deal around $250k a season. He is a fan favourite and should be captain/co-captain for the next 2 years imo before giving to someone like Dearden/Fifita/Haas/Carrigan (depending who stands up etc.)
Same. Given the deplorable lack of good leadership I think it’s imperative that we re-sign Glenn. He’s the only decent leader we currently have on the books.

Yeah, we've been through this. I'm certain he wasn't.

then you're a fool .... form is completely different to whether someone is trying or not ...

Last edited:

Active Now

• john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.