Darius Boyd, where art thou?

Then what is his best position? All those questions are all the tools a fullback needs. And right now I don't see him having an answer to any of them. If he can't break the line or chase a kick then centres wouldn't be ideal either. Maybe he can be a hooker like Shaun berrigan?

I hope isaako can develop into the fullback we need.
Centre is definitely the position I would have him.
It caters to his good qualities, such as his passing, decision making ability, size, speed and line defense. The position would force him to chase kicks and while he might not be a Jimmy the Jet in terms of making line breaks, having Milf feeding him ball with Glenn/Oates running good lines, would play to his potential.

Reading through the thread, I was going to float the idea of him going to centre...but it has been done lol

what are peoples thoughts on Roberts @ fullback if Boyd was to go to centre? I'd be interested in seeing it for a few games

Reading through the thread, I was going to float the idea of him going to centre...but it has been done lol

what are peoples thoughts on Roberts @ fullback if Boyd was to go to centre? I'd be interested in seeing it for a few games

It would be worth the admission price to see him return some kicks. But a few questions would be, can he setup his centre and winger in attack and can he defuse bombs?

Surely he isn't worried about not being able to put food on the table next year.

Pretty weird if thats the problem cause hes staying no matter what and we might not want to give him the $$ that he wants
Or even Wayne has said make a captains sacrifice for the team
I hope so... I can't handle the thought of boyd being with us for another 4 years if he's gonna be on the huge money that was stated.

$600000 4 years is more than fair price. Or can have 700000 for 3 years. Shows some heart and he will get more TPAs. As said before Boyd is very good but could live with losing him. He is the Australian fullback but only by default due to injuries and other players untimely form issues. Slater, Inglis, Tedesco and this year probably Turbo plus still think Milf are better choices if available. He isn't a lifetime bronco so we don't owe him a payday. And he won't leave Daddy or his home which undermines market value. If he doesn't like the offer wouldn't be heartbroken if he left again. Daddy can share some of his mill plus pay if he wants to give sonny boy a raise.

Who knows what is contract value is or would be?

The most laughable thing on this forum and any other forum for that matter is the way people treat info from the media, in particular contract values which most times they would have no clue.

when the media give an over-inflated guess at a contract value:

If it's a player that people like = "there is no way that is true" "the media are lying again" "typical bronco bashing from the NSW filth journos"

If it's a player that people don't like then it's treated like journos are the most trustworthy, reliable sources around and you have seen the contract with your own eyes.

Locky always bounced back quickly after a shocker.

It normally takes my missus a while.

the-shocker-social-wide-black.png

Contract issue may be very much on his mind, if the club is smart they are putting their foot down on Boyd's huge asking price. Boyd has nothing to bargain with except his captaincy and at times that's questionable the way he leads the team. He isn't going to leave the Broncos unless Bennett does so it seems take what your been offered or nothing.

I don't get the issue with his reported contract value.

800k wouldn't be a whole lot different on the new cap than what he is on with the current cap. Take into consideration that not all of that is on the cap as TPA's have reportedly been holding things up.

When the money increases, so does the contract value.

Hopefully we can sort this shit out because it does seem to be playing in the back of his mind which is not exactly an ideal situation given the time of the year.

He ran like a man possessed on Thursday night, but he still seems a bit off both in attack and defensively.

Yeah in attack he seems to not be able to get the pass away like he used to. The play usually stops with him. Perhaps teams have worked him out and maybe he should be used as a decoy more.

Key thing is the vast majority of players don't get better after 30 and especially after 32. Parker was maybe one exception. He's 30 and already one of the slowest backs in the game. By 34 he will need a go cart to get around the field with any speed. On field (can't comment about off) he doesn't seem a great leader. He's not crafty enough to develop as his body slows down. He's not even a lifelong bronco. If he wasn't daddy's boy 2 or maybe 3 years max contract. Prefer he left for balance of the team if it meant we could buy a genuine organising halfback. Happy to keep him but only at the right price. Otherwise I hear Gold Coast is nice. Can we do a swap for Taylor? Pity transfer fees can be included in cap, they could use the dosh.

Boyd just saying in an interview that his hammy has been in pain and hasn't felt 'right' for a while now, possibly a reason for his lack of form ?

Boyd just saying in an interview that his hammy has been in pain and hasn't felt 'right' for a while now, possibly a reason for his lack of form ?

Should have rested against those nuffy teams like titans and dragons. That eels game was a waste of energy for him to be out there as well.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.