Darius Boyd, where art thou?

the guy's the size of a jockey.needs all the protection he can get. you can't deny that every back rower on the kick chase has one aim. to belt the **** out of him.

the guy's the size of a jockey.needs all the protection he can get. you can't deny that every back rower on the kick chase has one aim. to belt the **** out of him.

And? If they do it legally, what's the problem? I don't see other players jump with the intention of kicking them in the face just for getting in to tackle him. He would expect his players to put just as much pressure on his opposition #1.

Billy only gets away with it because he's a QLD legend. The reality is, he's a fucking grub.

And? If they do it legally, what's the problem? I don't see other players jump with the intention of kicking them in the face just for getting in to tackle him. He would expect his players to put just as much pressure on his opposition #1.

Billy only gets away with it because he's a QLD legend. The reality is, he's a fucking grub.
If they get kicked in the face they're tackling him mid air.

If they get kicked in the face they're tackling him mid air.

Or anywhere in a space of about 1M, the length of his leg.

Even still, the regs should be stopping the tackles on players i nthe air, not the player. Imagine if the "penalty" for a leg twist was a free slog to the head of the player that performed it with no ref interaction. It wouldn't happen.

Or anywhere in a space of about 1M, the length of his leg.

Even still, the regs should be stopping the tackles on players i nthe air, not the player. Imagine if the "penalty" for a leg twist was a free slog to the head of the player that performed it with no ref interaction. It wouldn't happen.
I suppose it depends if he kicks out with his feet. He's entitled to feet where ever he likes when going for the ball.

I suppose it depends if he kicks out with his feet. He's entitled to feet where ever he likes when going for the ball.
I disagree, you can't create a barrier to stop yourself getting smashed.

Chasers have every right to hare in and jam the player as soon as he's hit the ground, leading the with leg is dangerous for any chaser, it's essentially the presumption of guilt over innocence (he was going to tackle me mid air so i'm going to stop that).

I disagree, you can't create a barrier to stop yourself getting smashed.

Chasers have every right to hare in and jam the player as soon as he's hit the ground, leading the with leg is dangerous for any chaser, it's essentially the presumption of guilt over innocence (he was going to tackle me mid air so i'm going to stop that).
Look at all the examples above, all mid air tackles. he can't make his feet disappear, and is clearly focused on catching the ball, if the kick chasers run into studs ,tough luck, it's poor technique.

Look at all the examples above, all mid air tackles. he can't make his feet disappear, and is clearly focused on catching the ball, if the kick chasers run into studs ,tough luck, it's poor technique.
I hate to use this line but I'm going to anyway.

If you don't think his leading with the feet action is premeditated, you haven't played sport at any serious level. You KNOW what you're doing in those instances, but you know you'll get away with it for the most part. It's a dark art and it's designed to ensure they don't come steaming in at you, ie, giving an advantage - but you can't allow someone to flykick someone in the head for simply doing their job. They may come steaming in but unless they actually put their arms on him, they're not doing anything wrong.

Riddle me this - out of all the fullbacks in the league, why is it only slater that seems to lead with the legs?

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

You're looking at it from a defensive pressure perspective but what about guys coming in trying to compete for the ball?? He's effectively preventing them from going for the ball by kicking them in the head

@Mitchell_Broncos Touche, but notice the distance between him and the chasers as opposed to slater?

I fall on the "Slater is a grub" side of the argument, but the only argument that really matters is his age

He will retire in 2 seasons at the absolute most

Not someone you want to build a future around

None of those show fullbacks leading with the foot. Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you misinterpreting my comments?

There's a huge difference between someone leading with the foot studs out/up and someone using their legs to give themselves a centre of balance mid air.

None of those show fullbacks leading with the foot. Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you misinterpreting my comments?

There's a huge difference between someone leading with the foot studs out/up and someone using their legs to give themselves a centre of balance mid air.

No. A few up in the comments show how Slater has his arse in pearces face i was showing Boyd does that as well.

Nikorima starts to lead with his foot when he goes to catch it, though his very small so he cant jump as far

No. A few up in the comments show how Slater has his arse in pearces face i was showing Boyd does that as well
Fair enough mate, my apologies if you're referring to that, that isn't my argument though. Someone getting an asscheek to the face isn't dangerous.

It's no different to Klemmer lifting his knees and sticking his elbows out when running. If you're not gutsy enough to take the legal hits, don't play the game.

Fair enough mate, my apologies if you're referring to that, that isn't my argument though. Someone getting an asscheek to the face isn't dangerous.

This is though :barf:, id hate to be that doggies player

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:228801

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Manofoneway
  • broncotville
  • Dash
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.