Darius Boyd, where art thou?

its pretty simple. every chaser wants to belt him into next week when he is vulnerable, he's found a way to protect himself. good luck to him.

Imagine if your kid was playing footy, within the rules, running hard at a FB to crunch him, on the ground, and he cops a boot to the face. Do you tell him to suck it up, or call the FB a ****?

Imagine if your kid was playing footy, within the rules, running hard at a FB to crunch him, on the ground, and he cops a boot to the face. Do you tell him to suck it up, or call the FB a ****?
Imagine if your kid is the fullback.

lol ok. this is where the discussion ends with you because you're saying it's ok to fly kick people in the face because he doesn't want to get laid out. ridiculous.
No, what I'm saying is that you don't have to fly into him when he's vulnerable to effect the tackle. the tackler has all of the advantages.

Imagine if your kid is the fullback.
I would say to my kid, hey man if you can get away with it, cool. but you know what you're doing is wrong and if you get pulled up, well, hard to plead ignorance.

or would you be a parent that assumes their kid does no wrong, ever?

No, what I'm saying is that you don't have to fly into him when he's vulnerable to effect the tackle. the tackler has all of the advantages.
so should we start doing things like the AFL wherein if someone takes a catch mid air, we all back off and give him space?

of course the tackler has the advantages, it's the end of their attacking set.

I would say to my kid, hey man if you can get away with it, cool. but you know what you're doing is wrong and if you get pulled up, well, hard to plead ignorance.

or would you be a parent that assumes their kid does no wrong, ever?
My 12 YO got runner up B and F this year which surpised me as i wouldn't have given it to her, and I'm the coach, so no I dont think my kids are always right. I do think this is an overreaction because Klemmer nearly got injured once.

Enough space to land on the ground, yes. That is the rules though.
plenty of fullbacks find space to hit the ground without having 1m studs up barrier. it's a contest, not a free pass.

definitely not condoning tackling in the air, but the moment a player touches the ground they are fair game. it's designated pressure, there's nothing wrong with that.

My 12 YO got runner up B and F this year which surpised me as i wouldn't have given it to her, and I'm the coach, so no I dont think my kids are always right. I do think this is an overreaction because Klemmer nearly got injured once.

nice one! always good to see more females playing league. tbh i've thought the same thing for a long time and since this discussion came up, why not unload about it?

plenty of fullbacks find space to hit the ground without having 1m studs up barrier. it's a contest, not a free pass.

definitely not condoning tackling in the air, but the moment a player touches the ground they are fair game. it's designated pressure, there's nothing wrong with that.

nice one! always good to see more females playing league. tbh i've thought the same thing for a long time and since this discussion came up, why not unload about it?
So if they're on the ground what danger are their studs?

Plenty don't and get crunched, which is great for their team to earn a penalty, but not so great for their often diminutive frames.
So the penalty for a player doing that is relieving the pressure they just worked hard to build on the opposition. it's about timing, get it wrong and you'll pay the consequences, get it right and you'll not only send a message to the opposition, but you might cause an error.

Settle pettle. It was done months ago to show that we were, "heating up" or "on fire" in the NBA jam sense. I'd just lit my new fireplace and grabbed my metal Broncos logo to place in front.

FFS, some of you ****s are ridiculous.

alright, i just thought because we got smashed the other night, you got pissed off and burnt the logo. Calm down

What if he runs into your knee?

I think you're trying to argue something that's just not excusable, and now you're at a point where you're going to pull dumb arguments.

If you're ok with a player jumping in a way that is to purposefully kick someone in the head, even if the tackler hasn't broken a single rule, well, as a coach, you're Bellamy.

My next question is, how do you sleep at night knowing that the way you teach the kids to play is not only illegal and could injure someone, but to also push them to do something that is just flat bad sportmanship? This isn't a dig, I just assume since you think it's ok in league, I assume you tell your kids in your team to break the rules, and look to kick people in the head.

So if they're on the ground what danger are their studs?
I'm not sure I understand your point? Having a studs up barrier so to speak prevents a brilliantly timed tackle when a player puts his feet on the ground. It instead creates a jogging on the spot bear hug, which is neither intimidating or effective, or worse, gives a player a chance to exploit broken field play.

It all depends on the timing of the kick and kick chase - if the attacking team nails it, why shouldn't they be able to gain an advantage?

Unread

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.