Darius Boyd, where art thou?

If I'm Slater, I'm tucking the footy in my jersey and putting boots on my hands to scrape anyone who tries to tackle me with the studs. Self-preservation. I should be allowed to protect myself because I'm Billy Fucking Slater.

Exactly in fact it's already happened, which is why it was brought to a head. Have a look which way the penalty goes initially when he fly kicks klemmer in the head

He should have been sent from the field.

He even has a sneaky look at the Klemmer to ensure he nails him. Look at the way that leg is outstretched, it is almost straight! it is baffling to me that anyone would suggest it was unintentional. Or that it's ok.

Neither Socnorb or I claimed that that was okay.

Then there is certainly confusion on your guys part. See my last post. Are you seriously ok with the way Billy has jumped there? Like really man?

Neither Socnorb or I claimed that that was okay.
You guys are arguing it is ok though because otherwise how else would he defend himself from someone rushing in to snap him in half when he hits the turf?

No, I argue that the positioning is okay, not the striking.
But the striking is inevitable when you have guys trying to tackle the player when they touch the ground or if they want to compete for the ball.

Nah. You're not disagreeing just for the reaction.

This is feeling like a circular argument. I mentioned a certain ex-BHQer last night who is synonymous with this. We may need an exorcist.
Only if they are too close while he is in the air. But like @Foordy said earlier, my argument is broken if they are attacking the ball rather than the player.
No idea what you're talking about but my very first point (on page 6) was about how it prevents players contesting the ball

My cousin plays U18s at Wests
No way, that's amazing. I think they're in the senior club we're obviously juniors til u17.
We're new to the club this year as my daughter transferd over from soccer. They made us feel very welcome though. Great club.
Edit: that's West juniors in Sydney.

Last edited:
Billy Slater VS David Klemmer
giphy.gif

I know how to clear this up. Are there any podcasts on this topic?

If its illegal, why isn't he penalised?

I'm sorry but did you just ask why Billy Slater doesn't get penalised? Next you will want to know why Cam Smith gets away with everything.

FTR, I think Slater is a grub in defense, and his leading with his foot is NOT ok, neither is leading with the feet on ground.

That said, the argument that any player getting hit steaming in, would be making a legal tackle, is absolute bullshit, because there is no way Slater is back on the ground before being hit, which would make the tackle not only illegal, but very dangerous.

On the other hand, if it's Slater hitting a player, because he jumped forward with his foot up, send him fucking off. (yeah, won't happen)

I would lead with my knee for sure though, and if anyone came close enough to make an acquaintance with it... tough luck, better you than me!

That said, the argument that any player getting hit steaming in, would be making a legal tackle, is absolute bullshit, because there is no way Slater is back on the ground before being hit, which would make the tackle not only illegal, but very dangerous.
They may however, wish to contest the bomb.

Has anyone got any information on why we haven't resigned Boyd our current captain and so called leader of the team?

Has anyone got any information on why we haven't resigned Boyd our current captain and so called leader of the team?

Because he's going to stay, and they wanted to leave it until after the season.

I wouldn't worry. Lockyer's final contract with us wasn't even sort until well into the pre-season

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.