Darius Boyd, where art thou?

Settle petal. It was done months ago to show that we were, "heating up" or "on fire" in the NBA jam sense. I'd just lit my new fireplace and grabbed my metal Broncos logo to place in front.

FFS, some of you ****s are ridiculous.

Heating up.... because you HATE US! Despicable :porthozthinksthisishot:

plenty of fullbacks find space to hit the ground without having 1m studs up barrier. it's a contest, not a free pass.

definitely not condoning tackling in the air, but the moment a player touches the ground they are fair game. it's designated pressure, there's nothing wrong with that.

nice one! always good to see more females playing league. tbh i've thought the same thing for a long time and since this discussion came up, why not unload about it?
Sorry Soup, She plays in the ruck for the Mighty West Magpies AFL

Settle petal. It was done months ago to show that we were, "heating up" or "on fire" in the NBA jam sense. I'd just lit my new fireplace and grabbed my metal Broncos logo to place in front.

FFS, some of you ****s are ridiculous.

alright, i just thought because we got smashed the other night, you got pissed off and burnt the logo. Calm down

This is more entertaining than the actual discussion, hahahahahahahaha

ps nba jam rules

I'm not sure I understand your point? Having a studs up barrier so to speak prevents a brilliantly timed tackle when a player puts his feet on the ground. It instead creates a jogging on the spot bear hug, which is neither intimidating or effective, or worse, gives a player a chance to exploit broken field play.

It all depends on the timing of the kick and kick chase - if the attacking team nails it, why shouldn't they be able to gain an advantage?
Which is all great providing you're not the fullback. Geez , are you guys all backrowers?

I'd say the consequences of getting it wrong don't mean jack shit to the fullback/wing tackled in mid air (often by a forward) when he's facing serious injury. I'd stick my feet in a defensive position, too.
Every tackle in every game can go badly. Should the players expecting tackles be able to point their elbows or knees at impending tacklers?

Again, I'm not arguing about tackling in the air. 100% on board with penalties for that, it's dangerous and someone can land on their head, but someone landing on the ground and getting cut in half is part of the game. There is absolutely nothing illegal about a well timed tackle.

Yeah, but if it's well timed, Slayer's feet are on the ground and the whole hing is a non-issue..?

If it's well timed, they are in his little bubble where his legs shouldn't be, waiting to hit him when he hits the ground. Right now, to make sure they can protect themselves from a grub, they have to hold back, and are unable to perform the well timed tackle.

I'm actually surprised. I really didn't expect anyone to be ok with a player to throw his foot out to collide with a head. Guarantee is Dugan did it for the better part of 10 years, a lot more people would take notice.

Yeah, but if it's well timed, Slayer's feet are on the ground and the whole hing is a non-issue..?
They can't be well timed if he's creating a barrier that prevents them from timing the tackle the moment he hits the ground. They hang around waiting because they cannot encroach for fear of being flykicked in the head. Or they stand there and wait for him to hit the ground so they can swarm him.

This doesn't really need to be a debate, it's pretty obvious.

You shouldn't be allowed to extend your legs past 45 degrees attempting to catch a ball, unless you're bumped by an opposing player. The argument that the Fullback's should be allowed to go in to a flying karate stance when catching a bomb to defend themselves with metal studs is fucking absurd, if that becomes the norm it won't take long for someone to lose an eye.

It's simple, you shouldn't have any need to defend yourself in mid-air, if you're hit in mid-air, it's a penalty, if you're not hit in mid-air, you can land and then brace yourself.

I think you're trying to argue something that's just not excusable, and now you're at a point where you're going to pull dumb arguments.

If you're ok with a player jumping in a way that is to purposefully kick someone in the head, even if the tackler hasn't broken a single rule, well, as a coach, you're Bellamy.

My next question is, how do you sleep at night knowing that the way you teach the kids to play is not only illegal and could injure someone, but to also push them to do something that is just flat bad sportmanship? This isn't a dig, I just assume since you think it's ok in league, I assume you tell your kids in your team to break the rules, and look to kick people in the head.
Firstly. how many people have been kicked in the head? I think it's actually a lot harder to do than you think
Secondly. if you think the tackler is not trying to do damage to the fullback /winger, you are naive.
Thirdly. a knee is much more dangerous than a boot. we were always taught to use them for self protection.
fourthly. which rule is being broken?
If a player tried to intentional kick another player in the head , of course I would have a problem with it.

The tackler has all of the momentum if he's stupid enough to run into your boot, tough luck.

Slater jumping like that also prevents a fair contest for the ball.

A player could easily get seriously injured while contesting the ball, if he miss times his jump or quite simply can't jump as high as Slater

Exactly, smart play and self-preservation, Billy.
Disagree, it's dangerous play because someone wants to remove part of the contact of a game.

Sorry Billy, you don't get to pick and choose that. If you aren't comfortable with it, you can always retire. (clearly he can pick and choose this atm but i don't like it, I think it's dangerous and should be illegal, and I'd hate to see other fullbacks using the same tactics. if we do, may as well call marks and play from there. boring as batshit but hey at least the little guys won't get hurt right?)

Crazy stuff. Kicking towards someone's head is ok because they should be able to protect themselves from a tackle in a full contact sport where lashing out with a foot is not ok.

I'll agree to disagree with those who think it's ok, and say that I think you'd have to have some shit thoughts going through your head if you think that's ok.

That's a fair point. He should then be penalised and put on report.
Ha you think Billy would get penalised. That is hilarious... he's more likely to get a penalty because a team is actually trying to contest their own kick and cop it in the head

Ha you think Billy would get penalised. That is hilarious... he's more likely to get a penalty because a team is actually trying to contest their own kick and cop it in the head

A team is more likely to be penalised for attacking Billy’s foot with their head, then the other way around...

Maybe that's where the confusion in the debate is. I don't condone kicking towards an oppositions head, but I'm okay with having your feet out to defend yourself when catching the ball.
This

A team is more likely to be penalised for attacking Billy’s foot with their head, then the other way around...
Exactly in fact it's already happened, which is why it was brought to a head. Have a look which way the penalty goes initially when he fly kicks klemmer in the head

Maybe that's where the confusion in the debate is. I don't condone kicking towards an oppositions head, but I'm okay with having your feet out to defend yourself when catching the ball.

Perhaps. Lets look at these two images. One i'm fine with, one I'm not.

StateOfOriginIIQLDvNSWAdmpYSrAqpOl

71094bc026f0ee98f0295b05064d88ba  rugby league rugby players

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.