David Fifita injury Update

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/202...wVGMzfIgdUkwex6vp2mHLcSBYLadDajcOh8x7RdCdHc9E

Backrower David Fifita recently had knee surgery to repair his lateral meniscus.

Due to the restrictions on elective surgery imposed by COVID-19 his case was considered by three surgeons and it was agreed that he met the criteria for Category 2, and as such underwent surgery.

The surgery was successful and David is recovering at home and has commenced rehabilitation.

We are all looking forward to David returning to full training and playing when this process has been completed.
[automerge]1587965155[/automerge]

Last edited:
I'd wager it was that break + try against the Cowboys where he ran like a Fullback. Players his size aren't supposed to be able to do that so it wouldn't surprise me if his meniscus was like "Uhhh excuse me.."

WTF? No reports of any injury. Next he’s had surgery and out indefinitely?
The worlds gone fucking mad

Maybe the broncos were banking on the season being suspended for longer and thought they’d get it fixed while they could. Too bad the nrl had other ideas.

Fifita is expected to miss the first 3 rounds when the NRL returns, give or take.

- NRL Physio

Maybe the broncos were banking on the season being suspended for longer and thought they’d get it fixed while they could. Too bad the nrl had other ideas.
I'd imagine that the op was always planned but kept quiet.

Now that elective surgery is back on the cards, and clubs able to recommence training etc, it makes sense to book it in now.

We have a 4 week window in which he can rehabilitate before the season starts back up. Timing couldn't have been better

I’m pretty sure he did it during the pre-season. There were people attending training that claim they saw him limping.

Glenn will be back to replace Fififta. put Jamal in the team as backup. He played well the last 2 games. Get rid of Macca from bench.
Surely we cant have both Herbie and Macca on the bench?

Lodge and Offa back too

Glenn will be back to replace Fififta. put Jamal in the team as backup. He played well the last 2 games. Get rid of Macca from bench.
Surely we cant have both Herbie and Macca on the bench?

Lodge and Offa back too

and Ben Teo would be nice

According to Seibold, Fifita injured his knee in Round 1, played through it in Round 2.

He'll likely miss 1-3 rounds if the season resumes May 28th.

Unread

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • levikaden
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.