OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping that by him saying that it was a directive from the broncos telling him to say it to keep the nrl off their backs, stop them from saying we’re using it as leverage for negotiation. Truth be told we shouldn’t have too, we all know what a shit sandwich of a situation he found himself in, He should be grateful AF! Now yes we’re probably going to come out looking like a bunch dramatic toddlers but he’s not helping the situation I can only go off what I can see and it’s not encouraging.

I have to say it is great to see I am not the only one that thinks this way. He might think he doesn't owe us anything but he is kidding himself.

Tbh I think the fact that Fifi hasn’t re-signed is purely an outcome of his management dispute. If he was going anywhere, he wouldn’t have knocked back 1mil+ at Souffs.
To Gordon’s comments that the tits could build a club around him, how’d thatgo for A.Taylor? J.Arrow?
Get out of fantasy land Tallis.
Why didn’t the tits chuck the cheque book at Ponga? If they think they will attract every solid player to the retirement club, then they will need a lot more then fifi.

So Gordie just came out with this gem on Matty Johns show.

If the game is serious... Brisbane are offering him 700k and other clubs are offering 1.2m. Well he cant stay in Brisbane.

Like he shouldnt have a choice..... Fucking clown.
I am trying to think of a player during the mid 90’s who sort of made his own rules when he wanted to switch clubs (St George to Brisbane), disregarding the rules in place at the time by the ARL. Sat out the whole season too I believe.

Maybe Gordo remembers who it was.

Last edited:
irrelevant comment: i keep glancing at this headline and reading, why fifita is still drinking

and i think well there's no wonder there, brisbane are leading me to drink at present too.

anyway fwiw i think he'll stay, 500k is a lot to give up but the titans will always be more of a basketcase than us.

Fellas, I haven't bothered posting the latest Fifita stories because they're not worth reading, in my opinion. Best guess at the moment is he will re-sign wtih Brisbane for 2021, get a new agent, and then be back on the market again. The Titans and Brisbane seem to be the only bidders in the race right now. The Titans are more cashed up for 2021, but the Broncos will be flushed the year after. Whether they want to drop that much cash on a single player is yet to be seen, but the same could be said of the Titans, who to be frank, are just as likely to go under.

Everything your read is pretty much misinformation, including anything I say.

Last edited:
Fellas, I haven't bothered posting the latest Fifita stories because they're not worth reading, in my opinion. Best guess at the moment is he will re-sign wtih Brisbane for 2021, get a new agent, and then be back on the market again. The Titans and Brisbane seem to be the only bidders in the race right now. The Titans are more cashed up for 2021, but the Broncos will be flushed the year after. Whether they want to drop that much cash on a single player is yet to be seen, but the same could be said of the Titans, who to be frank, are just as likely to go under.

Everything your read is pretty much misinformation, including anything I say.

Oh we all know anything you say is misinformation but at least it is mostly entertaining.

On the other hand, the quotes from the coach are what concern me, he doesn't seem overly confident.

Oh we all know anything you say is misinformation but at least it is mostly entertaining.

On the other hand, the quotes from the coach are what concern me, he doesn't seem overly confident.

Well keep this quiet: I've heard from a source close to the Broncos he's been offered his own exclusive poker machine at the clubhouse, plus a ticket for two to visit Santa at his workshop in Rovaniemi in the off season. Could be the clincher.

But you're right about Seibold playing possum. Could be the Titans are after them both as a package:

“From what I am led to believe he has been offered a fair bit of money to go down there to the Titans. I reckon there wouldn’t be a person in front of me here (media) that wouldn’t consider that kind of money. He won’t be able to get that sort of money at the Broncos but we are desperate to keep David. We have a great relationship with him and his family. In my 18 months here I have a fantastic relationship with him and Gwen (mother)."

“Would a young bloke be interested in that sort of money for that length of deal? Of course they would. We don’t want to lose David. If that has been offered to him and he is thinking about that, then I can certainly see why. What we are trying to do is keep him with the rest of the young guys coming through because we believe that if we continue to build over the next 18 months that we can do something really special as a group. We are working really hard to keep him."

“Why haven’t we signed him yet? It is because we do have some salary cap issues for next year and you can‘t go over the cap. It is not because he has agreed anywhere else or doesn’t want to stay here. From my understanding he loves the club but you can understand him being half-interested in that sort of money at such a young age. We will keep fighting hard to get better and we will keep fighting hard to keep him. I believe we will. When Mal – the Kangaroo coach – knocks on your door it is going to make him think and his family think. We will do our best to keep him.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Well keep this quiet: I've heard from a source close to the Broncos he's been offered his own exclusive poker machine at the clubhouse, plus a ticket for two to visit Santa at his workshop in Rovaniemi in the off season. Could be the clincher.

But you're right about Seibold playing possum. Could be the Titans are after them both as a package:

“From what I am led to believe he has been offered a fair bit of money to go down there to the Titans. I reckon there wouldn’t be a person in front of me here (media) that wouldn’t consider that kind of money. He won’t be able to get that sort of money at the Broncos but we are desperate to keep David. We have a great relationship with him and his family. In my 18 months here I have a fantastic relationship with him and Gwen (mother)."

“Would a young bloke be interested in that sort of money for that length of deal? Of course they would. We don’t want to lose David. If that has been offered to him and he is thinking about that, then I can certainly see why. What we are trying to do is keep him with the rest of the young guys coming through because we believe that if we continue to build over the next 18 months that we can do something really special as a group. We are working really hard to keep him."

“Why haven’t we signed him yet? It is because we do have some salary cap issues for next year and you can‘t go over the cap. It is not because he has agreed anywhere else or doesn’t want to stay here. From my understanding he loves the club but you can understand him being half-interested in that sort of money at such a young age. We will keep fighting hard to get better and we will keep fighting hard to keep him. I believe we will. When Mal – the Kangaroo coach – knocks on your door it is going to make him think and his family think. We will do our best to keep him.”

McHunt

That ain’t pretty reading. Almost sounds like he’s encouraging it.

I am trying to think of a player during the mid 90’s who sort of made his own rules when he wanted to switch clubs (St George to Brisbane), disregarding the rules in place at the time by the ARL. Sat out the whole season too I believe.

Maybe Gordo remembers who it was.

No he didn't disregard any rules, he was promised a release and then Saints reneged so he sat out and didn't play for them. He stuck to his word Dragons did not.

Good on him, would have been easy to go whatever I will play for you anyway and play in a Grand Final then join Brisbane.

No he didn't disregard any rules, he was promised a release and then Saints reneged so he sat out and didn't play for them. He stuck to his word Dragons did not.

Good on him, would have been easy to go whatever I will play for you anyway and play in a Grand Final then join Brisbane.
I truly admire the character and convictions Tallis showed during this time too.

And thanks for the correction, but the details of how it happened aren’t particularly important. What is important is that Gordon now wants Fifita to be made to do something (sign with the highest bidder), regardless of whether he wants to or not.

Tad hypocritical, is it not...

I truly admire the character and convictions Tallis showed during this time too.

And thanks for the correction, but the details of how it happened aren’t particularly important. What is important is that Gordon now wants Fifita to be made to do something (sign with the highest bidder), regardless of whether he wants to or not.

Tad hypocritical, is it not...

I don't see that at all, to me saying "He can't stay in Brisbane" is just a comment made saying you can't turn that down- massive pay increase. He doesn't mean he should physically be made to move.

Of course when people say you can't say no to that- they know you physically can.

I don't see that at all, to me saying "He can't stay in Brisbane" is just a comment made saying you can't turn that down- massive pay increase. He doesn't mean he should physically be made to move.

Of course when people say you can't say no to that- they know you physically can.
I could be wrong; but I believe by saying that if the game is serious (this particular statement should not be overlooked), he can’t stay in Brisbane, Tallis was intimating that the NRL cannot sit by and allow him to sign with Brisbane for ‘unders’ and that the Broncos must match the highest offer.

Happy to be wrong, but that’s how I would read it.

He said "If the game is serious he can't stay in Brisbane". No matter how you slice it to try and be objectionable you can't hide from the fact that he is saying that the game should make him go to the highest bidder.

He said "If the game is serious he can't stay in Brisbane". No matter how you slice it to try and be objectionable you can't hide from the fact that he is saying that the game should make him go to the highest bidder.
There's also the downside of being trapped into what amounts to a bad job: being stuck at the Titans for five, ten or whatever years. If we're lucky he might actually enjoy being at the Broncos enough to stay. Have you ever not taken a job because you didn't like the conditions? I have.

Rename the club Mal’s Lost Broncos:

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Copley
4. Farnworth
5. Pearson
6. Boyd
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. That dude from the Storm who I am sure came through the Broncs
13. Arrow

14. Paix
15. Riki
16. TPJ
17. Hipgrave

If a Sydney club was doing this to another Sydney club, the media would be up in arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.