David Mead Appreciation Thread

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
This little legend deserves some love.
What a guy

The old fella is 32, getting paid practically nothing and still plays every game full of heart and effort.

Absolutely loved him burning Walker so easily to run away for a try.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He's playing like his career is nearing its end, and putting 100% because of it. No entitlement, baggage or ego, just gets stuck in and does the best he can every play.

It's the only reason I can think that Oates has been dropped again, those 1%ers and effort plays. He didn't play poorly, and his return runs are invaluable, but would he have been up there following Flegler just in case? I haven't watched the play again, but IIRC Flegler was towards the middle of the field so in reality there was an even chance that there could have been options on the left or the right. So where was Melbourne Coates? Again, the defensive line may have been up more on Mead's side to give him the lead, but Mead was there for it and it buried the game.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He's playing like his career is nearing its end, and putting 100% because of it. No entitlement, baggage or ego, just gets stuck in and does the best he can every play.

It's the only reason I can think that Oates has been dropped again, those 1%ers and effort plays. He didn't play poorly, and his return runs are invaluable, but would he have been up there following Flegler just in case? I haven't watched the play again, but IIRC Flegler was towards the middle of the field so in reality there was an even chance that there could have been options on the left or the right. So where was Melbourne Coates? Again, the defensive line may have been up more on Mead's side to give him the lead, but Mead was there for it and it buried the game.

Yep, just like the Morris twins.

I'd dump Coates and bring Oates back in personally.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I like Mead too, blokes good value and busts his guts out.
Fast as **** for an older fella as well.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I was totally against signing Mead because I figured he'd just be some random depth signing that provided us little.

happy to eat cake on that one, playing really well and is a genuine winger of which we have few.

what happened to @meady?

T

TariqT

NYC Player
Nov 18, 2019
He was playing great before he was dropped I thought. Even his hit-ups were making decent ground, and I thought some of his defensive reads were good. Also, he appears to be able to turn and accelerate.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Mead looks like he’s moody every time he scored too. No celebration, no smiles. I wonder if he’s just really humble and has spoken to Coates about not carrying on after tries?

Or maybe they’ve both got the shits for one reason or another. Maybe Mead has signed with Storm too lol

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Bit of a shoutout to Flegler in that last try. He positioned Mead perfectly for the offload. Summed up the situation well and didn't shit himself. Good work young fella.
Yep, it was really well done... he was looking for support and spotted Mead coming up, but instead of just trying to toss it to him straight away, he veered to the left so Teddy had to make the tackle before offloading to Mead.

If Teddy is in that chase does Mead still make it to the try line?

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.