David Mead Appreciation Thread

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
A lot of the tackles Copley missed was him not trusting his inside man when he was sliding, the sitili try was him holding off on teddy when tpj had a good shot at covering him. I get it, it was teddy so he had to respect that but end of the day you have to back your inside man to get the job done.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don’t quite understand how you meter out your criticisms.

You’ve made it clear from your 2 posts that you’re not impressed with Copley’s efforts, but Milford, for the most part, gets a free pass for his similar efforts.

The only difference I can see between the two is that one just got parachuted into the second worst defensive team after being out of the NRL for quite some time, whilst the other has been a massive contributor to it for the last 4 years.

I reckon you have a problem with Milford that borders on pathological.

The simple fact about the single performance of Copley to which I referred was based on the simple fact that he missed 6 tackles. I don't give a **** about Milford when I comment on Copley

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

The simple fact about the single performance of Copley to which I referred was based on the simple fact that he missed 6 tackles. I don't give a **** about Milford when I comment on Copley
This is what I got a lot of when casting doubt over Dearden. People would just spam 2018 POTY every time lolz

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

Just accentuating the hypocritical nature of your assessment of Copley. The fact you’re so riled up in your response only proves it to be true.

As for your other remark; well, you’re entitled to your opinion just as much as I am mine. So more power to you I guess.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Riled up? Are you kidding me? I made a simple observation about Copley's performance in one game where he missed 6 tackles and had a tackle efficiency of 46%

The logic behind your relentless Mug Milford MO reminds me of Cleese the Logician in the "Holy Grail" :

"Given the premise "All fish live underwater", and "All mackerel are fish", she will conclude not that all mackerel live underwater, but that if she buys kippers it will not rain, or that trout live in trees, or even that I do not love her anymore."

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Riled up? Are you kidding me? I made a simple observation about Copley's performance in one game where he missed 6 tackles and had a tackle efficiency of 46%

The logic behind your relentless Mug Milford MO reminds me of Cleese the Logician in the "Holy Grail" :

"Given the premise "All fish live underwater", and "All mackerel are fish", she will conclude not that all mackerel live underwater, but that if she buys kippers it will not rain, or that trout live in trees, or even that I do not love her anymore."
You should spend less time quoting your detached from reality gibberish and focus on what is actually written.

Back here in the real world, my original post references your 2 posts criticising Copley’s defence and my subsequent post references your response when questioned on it. That’s the one where you’ve got your hackles up - thought that was pretty clear.

And yes, I couldn’t be more done with Milford. Have been for a long time. He’s an overpaid, underperforming ultra-lazy player who should have been frogmarched out of Red Hill a long time ago.

If he could be bothered to put in the effort required to result in a good performance, I would happily give him kudos for it. After all, everyone wins if he gets back to his best. But aside from the first half of the first game this season, he’s looked disinterested and, frankly, well short of first grade standard.

YOUWISH

YOUWISH

Nov 7, 2020
Came in here to give Meady some love but needed to agree here. Coates is one of the fastest players in the game and definitely the fastest in the team that played Saturday night so where the **** was he? He has checked out and it is really disappointing to see. Kev should be pulling him aside to tell him that it hasn't gone un-noticed and he has this next game to show he wants to be in the team for the rest of the year or it will be his last for the team.
He must be exhausted from all the passes he gets on the wing. Check out the game ONE pass only other than hit ups of his own line so why would you say he went missing. Everyone on the team must read your comments and refuse to pass him the ball.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He rises!

He Is Risen Jesus GIF by Vimodji

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
Mead, Mead,
the old winger we need,
the man with speed,
runs like a rat being freed,

Now true to form,
off to Storm,
Shit floats,
just as Coates
should have been burnt with the bloody boats.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Porthoz
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.