RUMOUR David Mead to Brisbane

Not at all a fan of Mead signing. Hopefully it's 1 year on minimum wage as injury cover and that's all.

Man oh man this better be on the bare minimum wage. I'm talking 1 year @ 50K to make up the numbers in top 30

I just cant fathom this one. We are signing a player probably as a depth signing in a position we are well covered for. Herbie, Issako, Oates, Kennar, Arthars and Coates all capable of playing wing as well as mead can.

Last edited:
I just cant fathom this one. We are signing a player probably as a depth signing in a position we are well covered for. Herbie, Issako, Oates, Kennar, Arthars and Coates all capable of playing wing as well as mead can.
it's cause he's old

no for real tho

Why??? Stupid signing.

Why not give Delouise Hoeter a go? He can play wing or center and has way more upside imo than Mead or Kennar.

Out of curiosity, why has Delouise been out of the NRL for 5 years now and is still only 26/27?

That's a very weak backline though and he'll bring some much needed experience to the place and might even play a few games as well. Kennar, Arthars and Issako are Q Cup standard, Oates is well past his prime and Herbie is nothing special. Coates is the only one on that list that has a good career ahead of him. Mead is a good acquisition.

i wonder what this means for Oates? Especially if Copley is still happening too.
Copley, Mead, and Chambers all rumoured.

interesting to note Kev admitted to chasing Mead but denied chasing Chambers due to lack of funding.

That's a very weak backline though and he'll bring some much needed experience to the place and might even play a few games as well. Kennar, Arthars and Issako are Q Cup standard, Oates is well past his prime and Herbie is nothing special. Coates is the only one on that list that has a good career ahead of him. Mead is a good acquisition.

He's a bloody awful aquisition if you ask me. Those blokes i mentioned though arent there to play the whole backline, they are just wing options.

Out of curiosity, why has Delouise been out of the NRL for 5 years now and is still only 26/27?

I'm not really sure. I've been amazed nobody has taken a chance with him.

He's a bloody awful aquisition if you ask me. Those blokes i mentioned though arent there to play the whole backline, they are just wing options.
I realize that but apart from Coates, they are rather poor wing options. Mead will play a role in this squad. He'll come cheap so I am OK with this. The Bronco's financial situation means they can't exactly sign up superstars. Little by little, Kevie will assemble the side that he wants and it will look quite different from the 2020 version of **** ups. It will take 2-3 years though. Mead is just a small and brief part of the puzzle.

I realize that but apart from Coates, they are rather poor wing options. Mead will play a role in this squad. He'll come cheap so I am OK with this. The Bronco's financial situation means they can't exactly sign up superstars. Little by little, Kevie will assemble the side that he wants and it will look quite different from the 2020 version of **** ups. It will take 2-3 years though. Mead is just a small and brief part of the puzzle.
He might not get the chance to do it little by little. 2 bad seasons and he'll probably be gone too.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.