David Stagg

K

king_johns

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just thought I'd post this as he is an ex-bronco got player of the year for the bulldogs last night. Why we let him go for Setu and Teo I don't know

He was dead average when he was with us, who cares.

It's the same thing as with Dave Taylor and Ben Hannant. At the time, they weren't showing anywhere near as much class as they are now.

Although, I've always thought Stagg was a much better player than Te'o. Setu still has potential to surpass him though IMO.

Stagg was never given an opportunity in the 1 position he actually see's himself as - which is lock.

He played, 5/8th, centre, 2nd row, bench utility but was rarely given a solid crack at number 13.

He has been given that opportunity at the bulldogs and look how well he's gone.

This year i would have preferred:
11. thaiday
12. parker
13. stagg

Beale said:
Stagg was never given an opportunity in the 1 position he actually see's himself as - which is lock.

He played, 5/8th, centre, 2nd row, bench utility but was rarely given a solid crack at number 13.

He has been given that opportunity at the bulldogs and look how well he's gone.

This year i would have preferred:
11. thaiday
12. parker
13. stagg

+1.

I was always a huge fan of him.

Well done David, top bloke, good player and wish he had stayed but onwards and upwards for him now

Yeah, as good as he has been, he never hit those sort of heights at Brisbane, good on him, I wish he had found this at Brisbane, but obviously a change in scenery (or management) was what he needed - Stagg seems like a hard worker, and certainly isn't naturally gifted so I can't begrudge him his success

Lets just hope we don't make the same mistake with Alex Glenn. I mean he's obviously a very good utility player, but we would be better off just having him play in the forwards and pick actual backs if there are injuries there.

he was consistently a nuffy while being coached by wayne bennett and playing wayne bennetts gameplan, he leaves and he actually looks like a good player. surprised? im not.

same old argument again IMO.

Broncs were obviously looking for another direction.

Personal opinion = would have kept him but not on good money. I think another club would have eventually offered him a too good of a deal.

It's simple, he's a born lock and a very, very good one but at the Broncos he was not allowed to settle at lock.

Stagg's reached his peak, T'eo and Setu haven't. Ask the question again in two years and we'll get a better idea about whether we should've let him go.

Anonymous person said:
he was consistently a nuffy while being coached by wayne bennett and playing wayne bennetts gameplan, he leaves and he actually looks like a good player. surprised? im not.

But the coach's job is to just pick the team, and he picked Stagg.

He is a lock.

We have a lock, and a very good one in Parker who also kicks goals. Having Parker and stagg in the one side makes our pack way too soft.

I think 90% of this forum had him struggling to even make the bench this year...... hindsight hey?

Was the right move at the time.

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:

he did - at centre, at five eigth, basically everywhere but where he SHOULD be playing [eusa_doh

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Anonymous person":u20f3bg8]he was consistently a nuffy while being coached by wayne bennett and playing wayne bennetts gameplan, he leaves and he actually looks like a good player. surprised? im not.

he did - at centre, at five eigth, basically everywhere but where he SHOULD be playing [eusa_doh[/quote:u20f3bg8]

Yeh, when we had injuries!!!

fat-straws.jpg

Are you passionate about the debate, or just about AP?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.