Denan Kemp Circle Jerk

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Nothing at all, I love the idea of picking players on form from 5yrs ago, I was just thinking how Leon Bott would be great on the other wing for us.

Tame Tupou IMO. The Israel Folau when nobody knew who Israel Folau was.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Nothing at all, I love the idea of picking players on form from 5yrs ago, I was just thinking how Leon Bott would be great on the other wing for us.

Well we are picking Prince on form from 5 years ago.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

At least he has actually played footy over the course of that 5yrs, Kemp faded so far away he started pouring beers. Nothing against him as a bloke, I'm sure he is a good guy. The constant calls for his return and acting like he will be a savior however are annoying, Norman is a better fullback than Kemp and possibly the best one at Brisbane right now but the love for Kemps 08 season have people crying for him to get the #1. He failed at the Warriors, Failed when he came back, Failed down south and not has imo found his spot as a quality Qcup player.

I'd prefer it if Copely wasn't injured then we wouldn't even be having this discussion as Copely is a better long term first grade player.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

He's more than a quality QCup player, he's a top first grade winger (which is where I want him to play for Broncos). The QCup is too small a league for Kemp to play in. They need to open the gate (so to speak) and let him run free in first grade where he can really stretch those legs. QCup is smothering his flame, he needs to let it burn bright in first grade, it's where he belongs. I have no doubt if he gets called he will be ready and do a better job than any of our other current wingers. Choo choo! I definitely agree that if Copely wasn't injured we wouldn't be having this conversation, but he is and Kemp's still better than him anyway.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

And extending on it, I'd much rather Yow Yeh was back instead of Kemp.

Yow Yeh >>> Nothing to see here >>> Copely >>> Kemp

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

I prefer not to look at YY footage anymore, it's very depressing. I don't think I've felt more empathy for anyone. I like Copely, and he could turn out to be really good, but he doesn't have the class of Kemp yet.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Class of Kemp? The guy who failed to crack the Dragons team and got dropped from the Warriors.... Or are we all getting our wires crossed and everyone are actually calling for Matt Kemp to leave the MLB and try his hand at League? Matt Kemp :001_wub:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

How many people have wanted Kemp at fullback? I think the backline we have now is solid enough. Kemp had to play his way into the side and he hasn't done that. Kemp is a fan favourite so it's easy to see why so many want him in the side. He delivered some special moments to us fans.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

Kemp can do it, I have faith. He's played his way back if you ask me, the only thing left to do is for Griffin to have faith as well and pick him. Hopefully Maranta and Kahu get a season ending injuring so he can play and show everyone what he is made of. Settle down, settle down... yes I am joking about Kahu.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

Class of Kemp? The guy who failed to crack the Dragons team and got dropped from the Warriors....

yeah this.

wtf is going on here.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

yeah this.

wtf is going on here.

This place has always been really really crazy when it comes to Kemp for some reason.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

He was one of the most exciting finishers we've ever had. The fact that he hasn't done anything worthwhile in all the years since then most likely means it was a fluke, but you still wonder "what if?".

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I like kemp as much as the next guy but this is getting ridiculous

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

Kemp is that good he can slam a revolving door

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Kemps tears cure cancer

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

He was one of the most exciting finishers we've ever had. The fact that he hasn't done anything worthwhile in all the years since then most likely means it was a fluke, but you still wonder "what if?".

are you fucking serious ? Of all the wingers that've played for this club and you rate Kemp among the best ?

he doesn't even belong in the conservation ...

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

are you ****ing serious ? Of all the wingers that've played for this club and you rate Kemp among the best ?

he doesn't even belong in the conservation ...

Exciting and Best are two different things.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Like I said I like kemp but all this talk about is 2008 form and 'can he get back to that' is just silly. Unless he is bringing locky back with him he can't. Kemps ability is speed and locky putting him into holes or kicking ahead for him made him a 'great finisher'. I think the fact that he has not been successful since 2008 highlights that all he has is speed.

In saying that I would fully support a return to first grade as I think he could do a job and some speed on the wings would be a welcome change. However, all this talk of 'kemp the saviour' etc is just embarrassing

Active Now

• Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.