NEWS Despatches from Pie-solation

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pies is mad. Hopping mad. Only halfway through his 14 day Pie-solation with his wife and kids, and the cracks are already beginning to widen. Despite becoming on overnight sensation on social media, not one person from the NRL could be arsed giving him a tingle to make sure he hasn't topped himself:

“I feel angry. I thought someone could have reached out. Even just a phone call to check in. It’s been bloody hard. As a game, are we going to just accept it? I heard Ryan Papenhuyzen talking about some players receiving death threats on social media. These are faceless cowards on keyboards hiding behind anonymous accounts. It’s actually sad. I’d hate any other coach or player to go through what I have this last week. At some point, as a game, we need to take a stand.”

When pried whether he'd had so much of a gutful he might walk away, he said he's more after support than sympathy. A personal call from the NRL’s well-being and education department perhaps. Or even the integrity unit, considering the filthy nature of the rumours:

“Will it drive me out of the game? I need to think about that at a later time. It’s not just about me. I understand I’m in a high profile position at a high profile club. This is my family and other people mentioned in those disgusting and false messages. They don’t ask to be in the spotlight. Say whatever you want about my coaching and the team’s performances but to make up lies and all that abuse … it’s sickening and I’m not going to cop it. Social media has gone to a level that is no longer acceptable."

As it transpires a member of the NRL's "well-being department" did contact the club, but no one passed on the message.

Seibold house

Seibold detained in his family home

“There’s a big difference between having an opinion and supporting your team but when it’s so distressing, so hurtful and so defamatory that’s crossed the line. That’s why I’ve gone to the police."

He claims police cyber-boffins uploaded the schematics and set up a perimeter, so it's only a matter of time before the culprits are dragged off in a black maria.

To add further insult, Seibold had to watch the Canberra match on TV like a common fan. But that didn't prevent him from furiously texting suggestions to Gentle via Peter Nolan, which we saw being enacted after half-time:

“It was very typical of our year. Lots of individual effort but we haven’t been able to put two halves of footy together. When things go against us we haven’t had the resilience to handle it.”

But will he quit?

“That’s Karl Morris and the board’s decision. They’re good people and they’ll make the right call. Any decision that’s made will be in the best interests of the club.”

Wrong answer.

McHunt

Last edited:
He's 100% right, as is Paps and every player to call out the trolls.
Worst part of it is it wouldn't surprise me if it were Broncos fans that started or participated in the rumours to help get him out.

He's 100% right, as is Paps and every player to call out the trolls.
Worst part of it is it wouldn't surprise me if it were Broncos fans that started or participated in the rumours to help get him out.
Who else would be interested in him?

Brad Thorn! Take a punt.
He's turned the Red's around from a shambles to a shambles with a competitive team.
He's Bronco through and through, as well as a legend in multiple codes. He's won premierships and World Cups. Plus, he appears to have nous.
From my observations, he's prepared to make the hard/strong decisions (Quade Cooper), as well as reform has-beens (James O'Conner).
I'm sick of the Broncos being a joke, as I'm sure they are too.
The premiership is inconsequential at this point. Culture is paramount.
Get this guy in as our coach to replace this guy.
This has to end.

Last edited:
i do have to ask why the NRL's welfare department contacted the club about these attacks ... but not seibs himself.

Maybe the Broncos
Broncos -"A bronco is a type of horse, not a species or a breed. It comes from the Spanish broncos, which means rough"

Need to get rid of some Brumbies
Brumbies - "regarded as a pest and threat to native ecosystems"

Will just be holding out for maximum payout imo

Yep agreed and who can blame him. If I knew my career was gone from here on out, I’d be wanting to get as much of my really strong contract as I could get too.

Yep agreed and who can blame him. If I knew my career was gone from here on out, I’d be wanting to get as much of my really strong contract as I could get too.
I wouldn't be so sure his career is over. A few successful stints as an assistant and he might be in with a shot again for another head coach spot.

Look at Kearney after he took the Eels to back to back spoons. He joins us as an assistant, has some success, then the Warriors offer him a nice contract. He didn't do well with it, which is how I imagine it would play out for Seibs, but the guy knows how to sell himself obviously and people have short memories.

Last edited:
i do have to ask why the NRL's welfare department contacted the club about these attacks ... but not seibs himself.
Especially considering it’s now been reported that Abdo rang Naden that same night himself after the racist idiots did their thing.

But that didn't prevent him from furiously texting suggestions to Gentle via Peter Nolan, which we saw being enacted after half-time:
I understand you write your own copy around the source material, both for fun and also so as not to get sued. Is the part I quoted a bit of artistic licence or is this mentioned by Pies somewhere?

Don’t blame him for feeling that way at all. NRL should’ve shown some duty of care and at least reached out to him personally.

I wouldn't be so sure his career is over. A few successful stints as an assistant and he might be in with a shot again for another head coach spot.

Look at Kearney after he took the Eels to back to back spoons. He joins us as an assistant, has some success, then the Warriors offer him a nice contract. He didn't do well with it, which is how I imagine it would play out for Seibs, but the guy knows how to sell himself obviously and people have short memories.
I'm not sure whether it was Pies' brilliant salesmanship which got him the job here, or some awful combination of wanting a replacement straight away after Operation: Bring Back Bellyache bellyflopped and our compulsion to buy whatever turdburger Moses has for sale at any given moment.

I understand you write your own copy around the source material, both for fun and also so as not to get sued. Is the part I quoted a bit of artistic licence or is this mentioned by Pies somewhere?
He texted Peter Noble instructions, who passed them onto Gentle. I factored the bit about seeing the results after halftime. But basically true.

The bit about the cops is true, but I wrapped it in an absurd metaphor, befitting the absurdity of the claim.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.