NEWS Despatches from Pie-solation

He texted Peter Noble instructions, who passed them onto Gentle. I factored the bit about seeing the results after halftime. But basically true.

The bit about the cops is true, but I wrapped it in an absurd metaphor, befitting the absurdity of the claim.

and our first half performance would have been based off his instructions also. probably more so, since he had far more time to communicate with the players and coaches during the week, than he would have at half time

you or I would never quit our dream jobs ... regardless of performance.

so why should Seibs quit his.
You think he’s currently living his dream? The blokes run off with his tail between his legs. Not his dream job anymore I’m certain

You think he’s currently living his dream? The blokes run off with his tail between his legs. Not his dream job anymore I’m certain

i'm pretty sure it is his dream job ... you may not like him because he took your gods job, but that doesn't mean it isn't his still his dream job

i'm pretty sure it is his dream job ... you may not like him because he took your gods job, but that doesn't mean it isn't his still his dream job
When I grow up, I want to coach the broncos to a 35% win record.
Solid dreams

Pies is mad. Hopping mad. Only halfway through his 14 day Pie-solation with his wife and kids, and the cracks are already beginning to widen. Despite becoming on overnight sensation on social media, not one person from the NRL could be arsed giving him a tingle to make sure he hasn't topped himself:

“I feel angry. I thought someone could have reached out. Even just a phone call to check in. It’s been bloody hard. As a game, are we going to just accept it? I heard Ryan Papenhuyzen talking about some players receiving death threats on social media. These are faceless cowards on keyboards hiding behind anonymous accounts. It’s actually sad. I’d hate any other coach or player to go through what I have this last week. At some point, as a game, we need to take a stand.”

When pried whether he'd had so much of a gutful he might walk away, he said he's more after support than sympathy. A personal call from the NRL’s well-being and education department perhaps. Or even the integrity unit, considering the filthy nature of the rumours:

“Will it drive me out of the game? I need to think about that at a later time. It’s not just about me. I understand I’m in a high profile position at a high profile club. This is my family and other people mentioned in those disgusting and false messages. They don’t ask to be in the spotlight. Say whatever you want about my coaching and the team’s performances but to make up lies and all that abuse … it’s sickening and I’m not going to cop it. Social media has gone to a level that is no longer acceptable."

As it transpires a member of the NRL's "well-being department" did contact the club, but no one passed on the message.

View attachment 9431
Seibold detained in his family home

“There’s a big difference between having an opinion and supporting your team but when it’s so distressing, so hurtful and so defamatory that’s crossed the line. That’s why I’ve gone to the police."

He claims police cyber-boffins uploaded the schematics and set up a perimeter, so it's only a matter of time before the culprits are dragged off in a black maria.

To add further insult, Seibold had to watch the Canberra match on TV like a common fan. But that didn't prevent him from furiously texting suggestions to Gentle via Peter Nolan, which we saw being enacted after half-time:

“It was very typical of our year. Lots of individual effort but we haven’t been able to put two halves of footy together. When things go against us we haven’t had the resilience to handle it.”

But will he quit?

“That’s Karl Morris and the board’s decision. They’re good people and they’ll make the right call. Any decision that’s made will be in the best interests of the club.”

Wrong answer.

McHunt

Hmmmm...Where have I seen that castle before...

What a fucking sook. Ooh, I didn‘t get any support from the NRL...

Well why would they? You’re bringing their product into disrepute, you goddamn hack!

Exit polls tip a landslide - just opened in the CM

Screenshot 2020 08 17 Seibold ready to make call on Broncos future

BTW, if anyone's wondering: fake news. Nothing of substance here. He's said numerous times he won't leave unless he's pushed (with an enormous payout). But we can still hope...
Screenshot 2020 08 17 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

BTW, if anyone's wondering: fake news. Nothing of substance here. He's said numerous times he won't leave unless he's pushed (with an enormous payout). But we can still hope...View attachment 9436
He said that before his Pie-solation though didn’t he? This two weeks off to me looks like it’s already been decided. Could be wrong of course.

Who’s the front runner to take over?
Walters or Green?

Woke up today to see what fun news the Broncos will give us today, and we tee off on the first with Craddocks assassination,

Maybe that’s how Lachie wanted this to go! Stay silent, make the journos go mental and watch the papers sell!

Who’s the front runner to take over?
Walters or Green?
Doubt there is one at the moment.
If he leaves (highly unlikely) gentle will take over for the rest of the season. That's really as far as it goes at the moment.
Then we have the so called end of season review. What happens after that is anyone's guess.
Walters should be eyeing off the cowboys job anyway.
I really don't think anything will happen until the new CEO takes over.

I really don't think anything will happen until the new CEO takes over.
Around 500 applicants to date. We're only hearing about two - well one, really. We already know how their appointment process works.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.