RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

What, lol.

The Storm are in control of which of their players get TPA's, they're used in negotiations.
TPAs by definition don't involve the club. Guaranteeing player 3rd party agreements is what has caused the majority of salary cap breaches over the years.

TPAs by definition don't involve the club. Guaranteeing player 3rd party agreements is what has caused the majority of salary cap breaches over the years.
It's not that simple actually.

Clubs have a certain amount of TPA's they can guarantee and they can even help source some TPAs but cannot guarantee them or contractually be binded by them. The only agreements outside of the cap completely are the ones the player/agent literally source and sign themselves indpendent of any club involvement, like them shilling for a protein bar company on their Insta or being a "puma" athlete or any other number of things.

That's my memory of things last time I looked at the salary cap mess.

Last edited:
We can sponsor him with a Holden Camira or something, surely.

If he's single, he won't be for long.

NRL.com saying he is likely to stay at the Storm as Broncs and Storm can’t agree to terms. Good thing Broncs signed Kahu on 400k today isn’t it.

NRL.com understands discussions between the Broncos and Storm reached a stalemate this week, with the No.7’s management indicating to Storm officials that he will see out his deal at Melbourne.

Croft is on a deal worth just shy of $400,000 at the Storm for the next two years, and the Broncos want Melbourne to pay a large chunk of that.

LOL, we want the Storm to chip in because we're unwilling to pay $400K for Croft, but we're fine with bringing Kahu back for $400K.

**** this club, I'm close to done. Bring on the 2nd Brisbane team

NRL.com understands discussions between the Broncos and Storm reached a stalemate this week, with the No.7’s management indicating to Storm officials that he will see out his deal at Melbourne.

Croft is on a deal worth just shy of $400,000 at the Storm for the next two years, and the Broncos want Melbourne to pay a large chunk of that.

LOL, we want the Storm to chip in because we're unwilling to pay $400K for Croft, but we're fine with bringing Kahu back for $400K.

**** this club, I'm close to done. Bring on the 2nd Brisbane team
There’s literally nobody left to sign. We will be running out with the same team in 2020. Haas and Fifita can only do so much

There’s literally nobody left to sign. We will be running out with the same team in 2020. Haas and Fifita can only do so much

Don't worry, the article says Seibold met with Blake Green in Sydney. Watch us sign him for a 4 year deal worth $2m with 3 player options.

We can’t pay $400k for a 7 but do for Kahu who’s shit. Great work management

WE HAD NO CHOICE WITH KAHU !!!

The idiots back in 2017 decided to give him a 3 year contract with, you guessed it, a player option... 12 months later and the spud can't get a gig in any side (league or union) so we're sitting here having to shovel down another shit sandwich

Last edited:
Why would the Storm be happy to just give Croft to us and then pay a bulk of his wage, FMD surely we aren't going to screw this opportunity up by being stupid.

At $400k if we have the cap space its a farkin no brainer......so we mustn't have the cap, which then makes me question why we are resigning Glenn. I'd hate to lose him but a half is priority at this point in time.

WE HAD NO CHOICE WITH KAHU !!!

The idiots back in 2017 decided to give him a 3 year contract with, you guessed it, a player option... 12 months later and the spud can't get a gig in any side (league or union) so we're sitting here having to shovel down another shit sandwich

he rejected a new contract with the Cowboys

he rejected a new contract with the Cowboys
Because they probably offered him market value, which would be about $100k... why would he take a low deal to stay in Townsville and not play, when he has a guaranteed deal worth four times as much and in Brisbane to also not play a game

Its does boggle the mind to think we were prepared to offer $400k, we should have let him go at that sort of money.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.