Different angle ...Famous Photo

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Having a few drinks with old mate and talking Origin. I looked up some Origin news and saw a photo that's pretty well known. It's in the advertising. When I lived in Sydney a lady friend gave me a 14 x 10 black and white glossy from a recent SOO match. It was taken by a gentleman at the match, she said he'd be well known one day ... ! I don't know if he took the famous one but he was certainly there. I'd say he was the guy because the similarity is there only Wally's looking at the camera...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 132
2 different angles of pretty much the same moment. Nice.

I'm wondering if he had a motorised camera, things weren't as technologically advanced as they are now. I'd say that view is the first time it's ever been seen publicly.In the original you might wonder what Wally was looking at but in the other you can see he's staring at the camera man.....anyway, it's a keepsake from a time before digital .....The photographer worked for the Sydney Morning Herald at the time later on getting photos in Time, National Geographic,Newsweek,New York Times,Geo and Stern etc. Palani Mohan.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • pennywisealfie
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Manifesto
  • Fatboy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Yem
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behold
  • Inknition
  • kiwibronco
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.