Do you agree with Paul (Little ****) Kent that the current Broncos are a mob of dickheads?

I met God about 5 years ago, was a legend. A chick friend of mine went over and got him and said my friend wants to meet you, I think when he rocked over he was expecting it to be another chick lol.

View attachment 10025
I suspect there was more to his disappointment in you than just not being a chick.

Last edited:
Kent has held this view and mentioned it publicly a number of times since he visited the Broncos for a story with Seibold during the 2019 pre-season..

He certainly has a valid argument because no matter how ‘off’ some of these players were with Seibold, nothing can excuse the lack of effort and resolve they’ve shown in the majority of games this season.

Rugby League is littered with instances where coaches and players haven’t gotten along but achieved success nonetheless.

How do you know that? Have you ever met the bloke?
My old boy has known the parkers for years, he's thinks they're awesome.
My brother in law played against him when he was at brothers, absolutely hated him.
I guess that means that he was fine off the field but a competitive dick on it .

I’ve never met any of the players personally but a lot of them are young men who’ve reached professional status in rugby league heartland so might be fair to assume there could be some unchecked ego there.

I’ve said a few times during the year though that the side has an unlikeable aura about them, can’t really say why but I get that feeling.

Players like Dearden, Farnworth, Carrigan & Hass however are changing my perception. They seem like young guys who could lead this side and get the supporters right on side.

Last edited:
He’s right but only because most pro league players are somewhere on the dickhead scale.

it would be like signalling out one media outlets sports journalists as parasites. Technically correct but that’s because they all are.

Edit: Quoted a Deleted Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Quoted a Deleted Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I really can't stand the out-sized profile some of these journos are trying to cultivate for themselves.

You have Kenty writing articles about Hoops' thoughts on Buzz's opinion on football. They've disappeared so far up their own arses that it's nauseating.

To be fair, my wife's uncle met him and he is a Broncos nutcase. He tells the same story with a sad face. This was around 2004.

TBH....I think it's pretty obvious Parker is a knob, even if you haven't met him.

Some people just exude wankerisms that they have no chance of covering up.

TBH....I think it's pretty obvious Parker is a knob, even if you haven't met him.

Some people just exude wankerisms that they have no chance of covering up.
Are you talking about fellow BHQ forum members too?

Maybe you and Sproj can make a list of our current squad and if they're knobs or not. I'm a bit blind 😉

Last edited:
Well if we get the wood from the cows we'll certaintly look like dickheads.

Well if we get the wood from the cows we'll certaintly look like dickheads.
I've met some ex players who I all had positive interactions with. Thorn, Petero, Kevvie, Renouf, Chris Johns, and Gene Miles all nice. Lockyer and Tallis nice too. Lockyer is very quiet.

Mal Meninga and Laurie Daley were very polite and nice too. My best mate catches flights sometimes with JT. He says he is good company on a flight.

I live in Melbourne and go to some storm games and have had some interactions with players. Cam Smith is very nice as is Christian Welch and Dallas Johnson . Bryan Norrie I do not have much time for. Matt King probably the nicest of all the players I've met.

All in all pretty much all the players I have met have been respectful, polite and friendly. But I guess I don't know any of them so hard to pass any judgement from my small interactions. At least my experiences have been positive I guess

Last edited:
I feel a little compassion for footy players in some respects, even this bunch of spooners. The fans as schizoid. They love/hate bomb them constantly. Bozos want to get a photo with you or fight you every time you go out in public. What healthy person wants to be the object of hero worship or jealousy? Might be novel and fun for a day or two. After a few years? It would drive you nuts. Predatory women see you as a target, while others are deperado groupies wanting to give you the rockstar treatment. How would you know which was which? Or if that psycho ex you just had a bad breakup with is going to come out and call you a wife basher and get your name smeared in front of the whole country? (Josh Reynolds can tell you about that). Subject to pressures, scrutiny and temptations normal people never know.

How would you react when one minute your arse is being kissed by a stadium full of people and the next week you have a shocker and they're howling for your blood? You'd be a bit distant and aloof. At least I sure would. Not because I'd think I was better than anyone. Would just want as little to do with the public as possible. That might make me seem like a dickhead, or arrogant. But it's bad enough when you have a regular job dealing with a few customers a day. People are basket cases.

Got to hand it to someone like Thurston for how he carried himself off the field. (Met him one time. Actually didn't know it was Thurston until a family recognized him and wanted a photo taken. He was friendly, polite, gave them their pic, and then VROOOM, he gtfo there fast. Kind of told me a lot about what fame must really be like. Frightening, actually. A different world).

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Shane Tronc
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
  • Fatboy
  • Robboi_321
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.