OPINION Do you think the decision from the board to Sack Kevvie was right?

Do you think the decision to sack Kevvie was right?

• Total voters
You know I can kinda understand him flying off the handle.

His entire coaching dream has been to coach us and he could see it slipping away. He's an emotional guy and emotions got the better of him.

I doubt he'll get another job elsewhere apart from maybe the qld gig again so in some respects I can understand his response. Not saying I agree with it or whatever else but I won't shit on him for being human.
People will always love Kev and respect what he achieved, particularly as a player. I don't think many would argue that

Nah Kevvie burnt the bridge at the review meeting .
Thought it wasn`t his fault and blamed others , then had a melt down that caused staff to walk out of the meeting . Not good enough on top of the last 3 months .
If that article is correct it sounds like when they say Kev fired himself, that in a way they are actually telling the truth. Could you imagine just telling somebody that their communication ect is no good and then hearing them screaming at their staff for not being loyal. That other radio interview the other week talked about how Kev is exactly like this and it's not conducive to a winning football club. The right call was 100% made if this information is correct.

If that article is correct it sounds like when they say Kev fired himself, that in a way they are actually telling the truth. Could you imagine just telling somebody that their communication ect is no good and then hearing them screaming at their staff for not being loyal. That other radio interview the other week talked about how Kev is exactly like this and it's not conducive to a winning football club. The right call was 100% made if this information is correct.

Bret screwed Bret

If that article about tantrums is correct, they really had no choice. Unfortunately, Kevvie really seemed to snap in the back end of this year, once that happens, it’s very easy to lose your players and your staff. Kevvie wanting yes men around only is probably to me the biggest red flag of them all though if it is true.

I still don’t think Maguire is the right pick and I watched that Matthew Johns video unfortunately and it sucked like everything he does. However, I wasn’t overly impressed with anything Maguire said even though I’m apparently supposed to be.

I think removing sentimentality, it is probably right to move on from kevie.

He did his job of getting the club back together after the seibold debacle, but as seen this year, the team had no clue what they were doing out there.

The game plan was essentially a few hit ups and the pass it to walsh, and hope something happens. If not, then hope reynolds can create with a kick.

Their defence and structures were atrocious.

If that article about tantrums is correct, they really had no choice. Unfortunately, Kevvie really seemed to snap in the back end of this year, once that happens, it’s very easy to lose your players and your staff. Kevvie wanting yes men around only is probably to me the biggest red flag of them all though if it is true.

I still don’t think Maguire is the right pick and I watched that Matthew Johns video unfortunately and it sucked like everything he does. However, I wasn’t overly impressed with anything Maguire said even though I’m apparently supposed to be.
I’m convinced Madge is the best of a pretty average bunch and better option than Kev.

I’m not particularly excited by it

I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out now with DD.

I had a post earlier this week or last that I don't think Kevvie was Dave's choice for head coach and that he was giving him enough rope to hang himself.... and that's basically the way it has played out.
I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out now with DD.

I had a post earlier this week or last that I don't think Kevvie was Dave's choice for head coach and that he was giving him enough rope to hang himself.... and that's basically the way it has played out.

The only real move that DD has made in his tenure so far was bringing Ikin in as a head of football role... which I thought was a great move and the early indications were that it was working well.

That then got backflipped within 18 months... I don't think a CEO whose first appointment gets backflipped so spectacularly is going to be all that impressed with how it played out and he would have doubts about whether he can work with this coach.

The club then went on to make the GF, so he's had to bide his time, but now the review has come in and he has the ammo. The slate is now completely clean... coach gone, both assistants gone, no head of football, roster flexibility not there next year, but will be from 2026 onwards.

Appointment of the coach this time around will be his first major move and to me DD's tenure pretty much begins now.

Madge is a former storm assistant and for a while looked to be the Bellamy successor... I kind of felt that Madge might've been one of the best placed as a Bellamy successor with Ryles picked up and the talk of Bellamy retiring year on year.

So you have a former storm CEO, potentially getting a possible Bellamy successor coming in as coach... does he look to make more appointments and really reshape the broncos football department into the 21st century or does he just sit on his hands like so many Brisbane CEO's before him?

Does DD go back and try for his Head of Football role again to find his Ponissi?

Does DD have confidence in Scanlon and his vision on identifying and finding talent... and maybe it was Kevvie not wanting what Scanlon was presenting... or does he look to find his Paul Bunn?

Is DD capable of finding and filling either of those roles OR will he just palm it off to the next coach and we continue with the status quo?
"Because the player who rose to prominence in the high-octane six-again era featured many of the characteristics that Storm recruitment chief Paul Bunn was already prioritising.

Fit and fast, with greater focus on reading and responding to a game than just an athlete running a cookie-cutter play."
This is from a Brisbane Times article on fullbacks.

We are at the moment (probably besides Mam and Carrigan)what the Storm don't want. A team of athletes running cookie cutter plays instead of players who can read and respond to a game.

Walsh is a player we can not **** with he has to be ours at all costs.

Have you spoken to supporter’s of other teams?

People go out of their way to tell me we’ve fucked up by going all in on Walsh… he’s good on one side of the ball but not convinced he’s an all costs level talent..

Bloke needs to learn how to stay on his feet at the line as well or he’ll end up losing his head

Active Now

• theshed
  • eggstar10
  • winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.