VOTE Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Depends - explain yourself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Pure and simple - does it matter to you?

Personally I think it's a bunch of shit, I think the idea is outdated nonsense that means absolutely nothing.

Your thoughts?

It depends on the context.

For instance when it came down to Paul Green and Kevin Walters, I always thought Kevie was the better option since he'd be given more leeway by the fans and the media since he was a club legend and you could trust him to put the interests of the club before anything else.

The only thing that counts against Madge in this instance is the way the Blues went after Walsh in the Origin series. It was pretty scum Cobra Kai esque coaching and something he ought to address.

QLD's premier NRL club is coached by the NSW state of origin coach.

Pass.

Walking Glancing GIF

It doesn't matter where the coach comes from. We'd take Bellamy with open arms and he is a former NSW coach. We just want the best. We want the right guy. I hope that is Maguire but I have grave fears we will be back to square 1 in a few years.

QLD's premier NRL club is coached by the NSW state of origin coach.

Pass.

Walking Glancing GIF
so in theory, you would prefer to not make the finals with a qld coach over making the finals or winning a premiership with a nsw coach?

Madge is a grub, so no, I don't want him anywhere near the Broncos. When he is desperate for the win .. is he going to coach and instruct our team to play like dirty scum dogs, and take out the opposition's best player .. like he did to Walshy?

Will Madge give a genuine apology to Walsh? I don't think he will .. too busy revelling in his victory. 😡

Madge is a dog.

The only thing that counts against Madge in this instance is the way the Blues went after Walsh in the Origin series. It was pretty scum Cobra Kai esque coaching and something he ought to address.

Was no different to the previous year. They went after him then too. Suali'i is just a mongoloid and got it wrong.

is he going to coach our team to play like dirty scum dogs, and take out the opposition's best player ..
Well yeah if you want to win you need to abuse the rules like scum/penref do. Unfortunately you can't win anymore by playing fair. Today's game is all about how you can manipulate the ref, milk penalties and bend the rules.

Well yeah if you want to win you need to abuse the rules like scum/penref do. We play fair way too much. Unfortunately you can't win anymore by playing fair. Today's game is all about how you can manipulate the ref end bend the rules.
I'm also sick of Broncos coaches/management toeing the line with refs. I want our team to push the limits and I want our coaches and admin to call out the refs and NRL admin when necessary.

Yep. 100% matters to me.
Loyalty, honor, and comradery all stem from this mindset.

Im not a mercenary, win at all costs type.
I'd rather get the spoon as a united QLD outfit than win the premiership under the rule of the enemy.
But each to their own.

Seems im an old boy at heart.

As i said on the other post. Blokes like Webcke and Langer wont stand for it.
Guys like Corey Parker do.

I know what side im on.

Was no different to the previous year. They went after him then too. Suali'i is just a mongoloid and got it wrong.
Madge told on himself with the Taylan May whataboutism.

It was clearly a bigger focus and they grubbed it up massively.

And this is the guy who will be calling the shots at the Broncos.

Storm grubbery will be the new norm at the Broncs as what little Broncos culture that was left in the place dies.

This is what the 3 successful clubs all do, "grub it up massively", mate. Storm, Roosters and Panthers don't care about being the nice guys. They have a win at all costs attitude. For right or wrong, this is what's required to be competitive in the NRL. Broncos can choose to join them with someone like Madge, or be left behind with uncle Kev.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Allo
  • Reds2011
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Howie
  • Galah
  • Maroon4life
  • Big Del
  • marw
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Redfern_1980
  • OnToSomething
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • john1420
  • Redux
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.