Does Jake Turpin have a future with the club?

Maybe he's been told to get the ball to his halves and concentrate on defending the centre. That's all he seems to be doing. He's not running it all other than that little 3 steps and pass thing he does every time. I also notice he looks straight ahead - at the defence - when he's passing. I don't like that.

I wonder how much this is Turps and how much is Kevvie's game plan.

Entirely plausible once the game was dead Kevvie gave Jake a rest. Weird I know but maybe wanted him ready for Roosters

Entirely plausible once the game was dead Kevvie gave Jake a rest. Weird I know but maybe wanted him ready for Roosters
Wow mate, you really know how to polish a turd 🤣

As if somehow, a fresh Turpin is all we need to beat the Roosters.

Kevvie said in the post game presser the game was lost so there was no point brining Turpin back on, he wanted to give Levi minutes.

Kevvie really needs to fix his rotation. Turpin will do the job over 50-60mins. He has had Levi on the bench 3 times now and either given him 40+mins or 2mins. Levi is only useful in short bursts. If Kevvie actually does his job and brings Levi on after 30-35mins we might actually see more efficiency from both Turpin and Levi.

Turpin becomes twice as good when AR arrives and we have a proper captain. Hes currently legless out there without direction.

Wow mate, you really know how to polish a turd 🤣

As if somehow, a fresh Turpin is all we need to beat the Roosters.
Just trying to bring some positivity to the thread mate. Play the ball, not the player.

Just trying to bring some positivity to the thread mate. Play the ball, not the player.
Apologies if you did, but I’m honestly not sure how you took that as a shot at you?

My post is literally only about Turpin.

Turpin becomes twice as good when AR arrives and we have a proper captain. Hes currently legless out there without direction.
He offers nothing now. 2x0=?

Kevvie said in the post game presser the game was lost so there was no point brining Turpin back on, he wanted to give Levi minutes.

Kevvie really needs to fix his rotation. Turpin will do the job over 50-60mins. He has had Levi on the bench 3 times now and either given him 40+mins or 2mins. Levi is only useful in short bursts. If Kevvie actually does his job and brings Levi on after 30-35mins we might actually see more efficiency from both Turpin and Levi.

It's baffling. Is he trying to work out which player should get more minutes or something? One of them should be playing for 55-60mins and the other should be making up the difference.

Well Levi has been dropped. Guess Kev was giving him 60 minutes to prove he was worth keeping around.

Well Levi has been dropped. Guess Kev was giving him 60 minutes to prove he was worth keeping around.
He'll be back for 3 minutes next week, count on it.

I reckon he just stopped watching and forgot Turpin was on the bench.
He's done that before! I went to Cbus to watch the Broncos in general and Kennedy in particular . I got to watch Kennedy sit on the bench until the 67th minute. Pretty sure KW forgot him. Seems he has learned though. Kennedy goes on after 20 and these days is first interchange for Logs.

Maybe Kevvie just went to the bar to buy some of those $11.00 schooners of 4 Pines and forgot about Turpin?

😂

Maybe Kevvie just went to the bar to buy some of those $11.00 schooners of 4 Pines and forgot about Turpin?

😂
I think Kevvie has been waiting for Hetherington to be available. He can play both Hooker and Lock and will be given time (hopefully rest of year) to cement his spot

Remember, they have been saying they are moving on who they do not want to keep. The only way to do this is to try them (Levi, Croft, ...) Those who do not show grit and heart will be moved on.

This is precisely the reason they will try to keep Gamble and I believe Hetherington - mongrel and grit. To put it in another way, they seem like footballers and not just athletes, which is exactly what we have been needing

DP

Gamble has the attitude and skills to play hooker. I wonder whether he could be converted if he started training for the spot for 2022 now?

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • bert_lifts
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • armchair
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • kiwibronco
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.