Down hill slide starts now......

alex glenn

“I want to earn some respect back for this jersey and for the players that have previously worn it.”

alex glenn

“I want to earn some respect back for this jersey and for the players that have previously worn it.”
That attitude shits me. Oh yeah, sorry we got flogged and couldn't be fucking bothered, we'll make sure we respect the jersey this week.

Too late, Alex. Words mean little, but your actions mean even less, based on this years form.

With all this gloom and doom, we might as well just lay down and die...

I thoroughly hate this attitude, which I have no doubt will be called "reality" by people like you. Wouldn't surprise me if that isn't exactly the way some, if not most, of those players think.

We have to pick ourselves up, shake off the dust and get ****ing back on the horse.
Identify what is not working, identify what is, and plan for the future without throwing all your toys out of the cot.

These players have shown they are capable of going toe to toe with the best, so why are they playing like busteds against the weaker opposition?
I said it several times, I didn't see last night's game, but if any of what I read is true in the form how we laid down and just let them roll over us easily, that is the single most important thing that has to be corrected. Forget individual players flaws, forget talent, forget everything else. We need attitude and the Broncos spirit back in those player's heads.
Hook needs to put a serious rocket up them and make it clear by telling them: "You can't deal with it, off with your head!"

But if Hook can't motivate a team to play for the most iconic team in the best Rugby League comp in the world, than ****ing off with his head!

Alternatively, you can lock yourself in a cave and keep living in the past... Yeah, that will solve it!

As fans, there's nothing we can do to "solve it". For all the humble talk of Glenn overnight I'm not sure the player group has what it takes to "Solve it". As fans we have two choices:
1. Strap ourselves in and prepare ourselves for more of the same until something changes and the club turns a corner
2. Jump off the bandwagon and support another club.

2 isn't an option for me.

But please, you're Mr Positive. Tell me who in the playing group has shown vision, leadership, pride in the jersey since Locky left? The playing group is soft. It's weak.

But go on, show me things I should be positive about.

As fans, there's nothing we can do to "solve it". For all the humble talk of Glenn overnight I'm not sure the player group has what it takes to "Solve it". As fans we have two choices:
1. Strap ourselves in and prepare ourselves for more of the same until something changes and the club turns a corner

But please, you're Mr Positive. Tell me who in the playing group has shown vision, leadership, pride in the jersey since Locky left? The playing group is soft. It's weak.

None of the players pissed on the field.

None of the players pissed on the field.

He's got you there Coxy. Now we can sit back and watch this team knowing that none of them will piss on the field. Doesn't matter if we win or lose, just that we didn't piss on the field.

Wallace and Prince in the halves; Macca and Granville or Hunt on the bench although I reckon Hunt to QCup to re-learn to play in the halves, and keep the same side for the whole Origin period

It's worse when you make stupid changes like the Warriors game

Tell me who in the playing group has shown vision, leadership, pride in the jersey since Locky left? The playing group is soft. It's weak.

this is our biggest problem. we arent lacking talent imo. thaidays been very good in the forwards since he picked up his act but without a real hooker or half that can take control of a game and lead from the front we arent going anywhere fast. our fade outs are terribly obvious.

Last edited:
Our biggest problem is that we haven't unearthed a genuine star for a while. A Lockyer or Smith make all the difference to a team. Our coach while he is a likable guy has a boring style. We need to have some big wins in regards to recruitment and coaching to get us out of this hole.

here we go, the old we have the talent line. I reckon we could deadset run last and we'd still have the talent to win the title according to some.

Let's take bets on how long it takes for people to get it: we don't have the talent. That's why we're 11th and only have just begun the dreaded origin phase.

We might have the talent in a couple of years time, depending on our recruitment and how some of our 20s mature, but as of this moment in time: we do not have the talent. If you believe we have the talent, then I have a rock that keeps away tigers that you might be interested in?

And it's not even just talent, Renegade. It's all the intangibles that go with it. There's few players in the group that you could rely on to make that inspirational run out of trouble. There's few players you could count on to make a miraculous trysaver on a runaway player. There's few players you could count on to get to a ball in goal before the opposition dives on it when it seemed impossible.

The playing group lacks character. Combined with very average level of talent and it's any wonder we're seeing results like we are.

Our biggest win has come in a game where everything went our way and our opposition completely lost their minds and stopped playing footy. To a lot of people that was a false dawn, but I said at the time I didn't think that win meant anything much, and sure enough 2 lacklustre performances followed for 2 heavy defeats.

We are still recovering from the loss of Lockyer and will continue not to finish recovery until we have a true leader and organizer on the field

We are still recovering from the loss of Lockyer and will continue not to finish recovery until we have a true leader and organizer on the field

And forget the notion that a strict, structured game plan is some cure for a lack of vision. Sure, you need some structure, but you also need to give your clever, instinctive players the freedom to make decisions and play what's in front of them. I'm sure there's some of that in Hunt, Norman, Prince, even Wallace, but it's coached out of them.

If we got a DCE or a Shaun Johnson, would Hook coach out their flair and instinct?

It's point one for me too, but without the defeatist attitude. No matter what happens, I can't and will never lay down and die...

Nah you're right, build your man cave, lock yourself up and watch Broncos games from the past. That'll teach them! :loool:

Your failure to point out anything to be positive about is noted.
And I assume your passionate support of them, so much so that you didn't watch the game, really shows them too :loool:

God help me I'm going to Canberra Stadium on Monday night to watch us play. I find it a lot less painful expecting little than getting my hopes up.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.