OFFICIAL DRAW 2023: FINALS AHOY

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue

PREMIERSHIP
Round 27: STORM - THU, Aug 31, 8pm (SUNCORP)

• Play twice against: Panthers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels, Storm, Raiders, Titans, Redcliffe
  • Play once against: Roosters, Sharks, Manly, Knights, Dragons, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs
  • 8 of first 12 games at Suncorp (Rd 4 v Redcliffe & Rd 10 v Manly are 'away' games).
  • Play three games in Sydney area for entire regular season
  • Home games: 5 Saturdays, 3 Fridays, 3 Thursdays, 1 Sunday
  • Gabba games: Redcliffe, Roosters, Eels
  • Travel to Darwin, Napier, Melbourne, Sunny Coast, Townsville, Canberra
  • Byes in Rd 16, 19 and 25
Screenindex

Anyone know when finals week 1 tickets get released? Super keen to get tickets as soon as they're released. Assuming it's at Suncorp, not interested in anywhere else.

Anyone know when finals week 1 tickets get released? Super keen to get tickets as soon as they're released. Assuming it's at Suncorp, not interested in anywhere else.

Usually go on sale on the Monday the week of.

They have the members pre-sale and then they go on sale to the general public later in the day. Thankfully I'm a member so I'll get first crack.

Usually go on sale on the Monday the week of.

They have the members pre-sale and then they go on sale to the general public later in the day. Thankfully I'm a member so I'll get first crack.
Legend. This will be our first home final in a while, I'm expecting it to sell out within an hour of public release.

Forget 2015, this season is starting to resemble 2006.

The Storm were seen as the dominant side with smothering defence, with the Broncos' combined defence and attack being the one team that can frustrate them in to error and then score points over them.

Young superstar fullback with speed, drive and ball-playing hitting peak form.

Comp-leading duo of seasoned middle forwards overpowering everything in their way. Younger, talented forwards hunting with them.

Last season with the Broncos for a couple of them, driving the "last opportunity for the complete group" mentality.

The Storm were seen as the dominant side with smothering defence, with the Broncos' combined defence and attack being the one team that can frustrate them in to error and then score points over them.

Comp-leading duo of seasoned middle forwards overpowering everything in their way. Younger, talented forwards hunting with them.

Last season with the Broncos for a couple of them, driving the "last opportunity for the complete group" mentality.

The last game of the season proper might contain the spoiler. If we can thrash the Storm, book your grand final ticket.

Plus we're in a better position too! Penrith aren't as dominant this year like Melbourne was then.

Broncos 2006 (after round 23)
Position:
5th
Wins: 11
Losses: 10
+/-: +28

Broncos 2023 (after round 23)
Position:
1st
Wins: 16
Losses: 5
+/-: +169

The last game of the season proper might contain the spoiler. If we can thrash the Storm, book your grand final ticket.

This game is huge for us now. Playing Melbourne is always huge because we never win but this one, we look like we will be hitting like a freight train and if we win, even better if we smash them, the belief in this group will go through the roof and it may be what makes us win the GF. The Melbourne game looms as critical.

This game is huge for us now. Playing Melbourne is always huge because we never win but this one, we look like we will be hitting like a freight train and if we win, even better if we smash them, the belief in this group will go through the roof and it may be what makes us win the GF. The Melbourne game looms as critical.
It'll be like the Big Bang II.

Don't care about the minor premiership personally. I'd rather play Warriors first week.
Also I'd prefer to rest Walsh as well.
What chance Storm bring in a fringe player ( who doesnt matter if they get sent) to do some damage where possible, seeing as we could be playing them the following week.
Nah, Storm wouldn't do that.

My biggest issue coming in to the next round, is suspension. No point at all in risking some bullshit, lame as **** high shot/hip drop or whatever the current flavour is penalty.

2nd place isn't the loser of the Grand Final, it's the minor premiers. We need this minor premiership.

So, lying in bed thinking about the Broncos at 1am (as one does), and the fact that there just isn't that much incentive to winning the minor premiership. And the thought that we'd likely be okay with missing out on it in order to face a favourable team in week one. And all of a sudden I channelled my inner Parker and came up with a brilliant concept.

The minor premiership allows you to name who you want to face in week 1 of the finals. Would that change things for teams?

Taking it a step further, if you nominate to play a team that finished 5th - 8th, it means the game is a sudden death (so teams just wouldn't pick the also-rans at the lower positions without some risk involved).

And then we can make it a spectacle on the Monday. The minor premiers pick who they want to play against. Next up (assuming they weren't nominated by 1st place), the 2nd place team picks, etc. With the sudden death, it will be the first two picks that nominate a 5th to 8th placed side. Technically, that safeguards the Top 4 from in a sudden death game UNLESS they choose to, but here's where it would get complicated... The only way 1st or 2nd avoid sudden death is by picking from within the Top 4, meaning those other nominated Top 4 sides are not in sudden death either. Technically, 4th would go to sudden death if only 1st or 2nd (not both) choose a 5th to 8th side (meaning 4th would have no choice but to pick a 5th to 8th side) but you'd safeguard that and say that their game is safe. Same with the next pick because you'd want the two lowest placed teams being the other sudden death game. My head hurts.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • jarro65
  • Bronx48
  • winslow_wong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • westy316
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.