Drop milford

Looked like a future Immortal up until the end of 2016 when we signed him on the huge money then nosedived into dumpster fire territory as soon as his bank account got fat. He is done. Let him finish his time at Brisbane in Qcup. I very much doubt he would mind.
Spot on, in reality we got 18 months of lightning in a bottle, followed by some ok then absolute shit.

Rd 3 I'd go with:
1. Mead
6. Croft
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Offer up Isaako to rival clubs & not re-sign Milford.

For sure bring in Dearden, but would you really keep Croft over Milford? Our best chance of scoring seems to be Milford kicking to Coates.
Fundamental change needs to occur. It isn‘t going to happen by going back to the same pairing who lost us the last what, 6 games in a row of last year I think it was?

Dearden ‘might’ turn out to be a quality half and because of that I’m happy for him to play on. If we don’t we’ll probably lose him too and then the only way we’ll know if he IS good, is him carving us or other teams up. Give him the team and put Asiata beside him.

Croft we know and have seen has nothing. Storm dropping him and then releasing him, should have been big enough red flags, but Mr Academia couldn’t read between those lines...

Milford had something has now lost it. How? No idea, confidence, depression, coached out of him? I have no idea. But he is absolutely done for us now. Punt him to Seagulls and be done with him in our jersey. He can go and sign with whoever will take him and good luck to them. They’ll need it.

Let this be the line in the sand the club still hasn‘t drawn with the playing group. If it upsets players, good. They can join him. The club can always sign someone else. They’re already the wooden spooners, at least some QCup players will have a crack, trying to get a fulltime gig.

Croft is shit but he's a run-first 5/8 who might actually do something one day.

Have absolutely 0 qualms booting milford, canberra are laughing watching him fail year after year.
I refuse to believe anyone in Canberra laughs.

Yeah I’m officially done with him. Croft and Dearden is the way forward, at least short term

I just wrote in another thread, I would have been 100% fine giving Walsh his 300k even if it were a risk. Isaako just isn't anywhere near a top FB.
We could have offered $300k and he still would have gone. The difference in contract values in $, is double. So is the job security. As a kid who’s never played Qld Cup, let alone NRL, you can’t pass that up.
We didn’t get this one wrong.

The price, the position he plays, the complete lack of output. It’s more than close. Clinton and Bird did nothing but Milford literally costs us points every week by being a speed bump in defence.
Speed bump? Cat scratches doesn’t even slow them down. Completely take your point. Good post.
For sure bring in Dearden, but would you really keep Croft over Milford? Our best chance of scoring seems to be Milford kicking to Coates.
As in for the season? Probably not, but for the cap space and underlying effort - yes. They had to swap him in defence so the next step is the bench / cheerio.
I’m excited to see what dearden might be able to do on the right edge with tesi who’s looked damaging but notwithstanding the defensive errors. Tonight’s proved IMO once and for all its a long rebuild and Milford’s just not part of that.

We could have offered $300k and he still would have gone. The difference in contract values in $, is double. So is the job security. As a kid who’s never played Qld Cup, let alone NRL, you can’t pass that up.
We didn’t get this one wrong.
I am only going off what Dobbo said this morning, which was that he is on 300k at the Warriors.
Unfortunately Isaako isn't up to scratch when it comes to NRL fullbacks, so no idea where we go now..
I don't blame the Walsh for going, nor do I blame Fifita. Both have landed themselves much better $ and both at clubs that are actually heading in the right direction.

I am only going off what Dobbo said this morning, which was that he is on 300k at the Warriors.
Unfortunately Isaako isn't up to scratch when it comes to NRL fullbacks, so no idea where we go now..
I don't blame the Walsh for going, nor do I blame Fifita. Both have landed themselves much better $ and both at clubs that are actually heading in the right direction.
My understanding is Walsh is being paid on a sliding scale over his contract.

Our first try was when Croft kicked it to Coates

Gee, if only someone had foreseen us needing a fullback and not let the young superstar fullback go.
You keep using the word superstar. I do not think it means, what you think it means...

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.