Drop milford

The sad thing is this is a reflection of the lack of pulling power we have as club more than anything else. This kid should've wanted to become the next Brisbane captain. But at his age all he knows of the Broncos is strife and failure. And he knows the mood on the ground better than we do.
It’s always nice to think that this is a possibility, however the reality is that the game is just not like this anymore.
Most of these kids are acutely aware that they only have a small window to make hay. The days of getting paid unders and staying, at any club, are gone.
Most cases, money drives these kids. It’s a job.

We have got Dave Taylor syndrome now with Milf. We want him to reach his potential, but he never will.

Not a bad analogy.......still, it is only R2. I'm prepared to wait just a bit longer before sending him into oblivion. That said, if he continues to dish up more performances like last night

it can't go on much longer.

I would like to see Milford and Deardon play together more often and start to work on a game plan. I think Kevvie has fucked up by offering Croft the position first over Deardon. I can't recall Croft showing us anything better than what you might see in the reggies, the entire time he has been at Brisbane.

It’s always nice to think that this is a possibility, however the reality is that the game is just not like this anymore.
Most of these kids are acutely aware that they only have a small window to make hay. The days of getting paid unders and staying, at any club, are gone.
This is true but we need to take a leaf out of Uncle Nicks book, or the Broncos of old. Commit to us and you’ll be looked after post football career.

This is true but we need to take a leaf out of Uncle Nicks book, or the Broncos of old. Commit to us and you’ll be looked after post football career.
Realistically how many kids can you offer that to? I wonder how many have been given that very promise then spurned when the time came to deliver. A promise like that shouldn’t and wouldn’t be offered to a kid you’d think... a seasoned veteran maybe.

We could have kept Benji....so many forks in the road since the end of Bennett to now that have fucked us.

We could have kept Benji....so many forks in the road since the end of Bennett to now that have fucked us.

He wanted to go back to the Tigers and they were happy to take him back.

Realistically how many kids can you offer that to? I wonder how many have been given that very promise then spurned when the time came to deliver. A promise like that shouldn’t and wouldn’t be offered to a kid you’d think... a seasoned veteran maybe.
You’ve answered your own question. The fact that we do not have a name for looking after our own is on us.

He wanted to go back to the Tigers and they were happy to take him back.
I could be wrong, but im certain he was happy for another contract and was told best go take the offer?

I've been thinking about this a bit in the last few days, and it's part of why fans get so emotional about players leaving or clubs failing to keep them. We have all the passion and love but barely any of the talent, size or luck to be able to play the game professionally.

How many of these kids actually like the game, let alone love it? They see their window as a high-priced commodity in a role they happen to be good at, and just do it.

There's some hyper-competitive guys that will always rise to the top, but we're headed for a league of 500 players where 65% are under 25 and are getting half a million each to phone it in like it's their 9-5.

You can be forgiven for getting the team or year wrong as it’s been there for years. The dragons flogging us on that Sunday arvo elimination final at home in 18 proved we had a playing group problem and it’s been shit ever since.
Sorry yes. 2019... Hard to keep straight so many floggings... 😩

I've been thinking about this a bit in the last few days, and it's part of why fans get so emotional about players leaving or clubs failing to keep them. We have all the passion and love but barely any of the talent, size or luck to be able to play the game professionally.

How many of these kids actually like the game, let alone love it? They see their window as a high-priced commodity in a role they happen to be good at, and just do it.

There's some hyper-competitive guys that will always rise to the top, but we're headed for a league of 500 players where 65% are under 25 and are getting half a million each to phone it in like it's their 9-5.

There's something to be said there about the general attitude of this next generation coming through (Zoomers I believe they're called) which is one of raw cynicism and financial anxiety, but that seems like a discussion for the Politics thread rather than here.

Sick of hearing how good Milford was in 2015/2016.
How he trains the house down every pre season, blah, blah.
He hasn’t shown a heart since 15/16, so why does everyone keep referring and wanting him to be the player he was in those years..that was 5/6 years ago and those days are clearly a distant memory. He has proven that to us time and time again. He just hasn’t been able to stand up.
Unfortunately he just isn’t capable of what he produced in those 2 years anymore, for whatever reason.
imo it’s time Milford and the Brisbane Broncos part ways, it’ll be best for all parties involved.

Last edited:
I’ll cop flack for this but at least Ben Hunt did something on the weekend. Always tries and gets his hands on the ball. Milford with Hunts attitude would be a very good player, but he doesn’t have the heart. I’d prefer Hunt being our running 6 that gets every excuse for messing up instead of just being invisible and leaving doubt in the fans minds every week.

Can't drop Milford until Dearden is ready for first grade. Properly ready, not just "he had a good game on the weekend". I am happy for us to carry a pea-hearted Milford for the rest of the year, as long as Dearden re-signs with us long term and accepts that he has to develop in the meantime.

Last edited:
He was certainly influential in the final result of 2015.

We wouldn't have made the GF without either of them. Their combination was what worked. Hunt was the more experienced player ready to come into his own. I actually think Hunt dominated the first half of the year, Milf the second.
If St George want to give Hunt back and we paid 500/600k I'd say, yes please but I have the feeling they are going to be happy with Hunt and Macca. I like the older version of Hunt and he might just have overcome the mental fragility issues I felt plagued him. He seems somehow tougher for the experience and leaving was the right thing but I'd like the 2021 version here in Brisbane. I wonder if the Broncos might approach Saints?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • rj9
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • Big Del
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.