Eels dogs SPOILERS

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Honestly Gus and Rabs were creaming their pants... honestly I like Gus but I find it hard to believe when he says shite like "I've never seen anything like this before" etc etc... I swear it is almost like they do it on purpose...

FTR the first try was a good try - not the craziest try ever but it can't be a coincidence how he seems to score very similar tries and breaks the line in this manner... The D plays a part but teams don't seem to want to tackle Hayne when he makes these sideline to sideline runs.

Wasn't a dominant game by Hayne by any means - certainly not the way Rabs was describing it. IMO I think Slater is all over him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for clarifying that the Bulldogs have NFI how to handle Stayne.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
When he is playing well he is the best player in the comp by a mile, it must be frustrating being a Eels fan because he seems to only turn up for the last third of the season each year. The defense just don't know what to do when he has the ball, some charge at him others hold off and it staggers the line which gives him even more room to exploit. If he could learn to play consistently he would be the best player in the game but something about his attitude tells me he doesn't have the mental ability to play out a whole great season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nah, you're just plain wrong. He's not that good. He just capitalises on teams who get dominated in the forwards.

Ben Smith was best on ground by a mile in that first half. By. A. Mile.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I rate Ben Smith so highly, he has so much potential as a wide ball running second rower!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOLz, yes, I love Slater...never bag him. Hahaha. You douche!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
That try saver on Stagg is about as good as you will ever see, as much as I don't rate him defensively as a fullback that tackle was perfect!

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That try-saving tackle by Hayne on Stagg was awesome. I still hate him though.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
ningnangnong said:
INTENSITY FFS.

Haha. If something like this on an internet forum bugs you THAT much, try getting a life? [icon_lol1.

Do you live in tent city?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Anyone noticed how that Stayne milked a penalty against Hannant towards the end of the game? Yet another diving disgrace! :evil:

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Thing is so many guys are doing it now, he is one of many guys who are happy to stay down in that situation now.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The Brizz said:
Thing is so many guys are doing it now, he is one of many guys who are happy to stay down in that situation now.
True, but in this case it went to another level. You can see clearly how Hannant holds in and barely bumps the tramp, but he falls backwards like he was hit by a train.
I wish players could be charged by the MRC for sh!t like this!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Oh I agree, best way to stamp it out is to consistently punish the offenders.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
The Rock said:
KrispyKris said:

Nah, it was just lucky.

Regards, Chris Cox.
It was very lucky. In most cases in such wet conditions you just slide across the ground for ages, but Stagg bounced and that gave Hayne just enough momentum to roll him over.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Twiztid said:
The Rock said:
KrispyKris said:

Nah, it was just lucky.

Regards, Chris Cox.
It was very lucky.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

If that was luck then you have NFI mate, that took effort to get into position and then fantastic timing and technique to pull it off. I hate Hayne as much as anyone but god some people on here give him 0 credit.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
The Brizz said:
Twiztid said:
[quote="The Rock":3486fat0]
KrispyKris said:

Nah, it was just lucky.

Regards, Chris Cox.
It was very lucky.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

If that was luck then you have NFI mate, that took effort to get into position and then fantastic timing and technique to pull it off. I hate Hayne as much as anyone but god some people on here give him 0 credit.[/quote:3486fat0]
Yes, it took all of that. BUT and now if you read my post correctly.

I said because of a normal wet condition situation Stagg would have kept sliding across the ground to get the ball down in the in goal.

So, in this situation Hayne was very lucky or Stagg was unlucky to get that bounce. It slowed Stagg down enough and put his ball arm high enough to be hooked and Haynes bodyweight (timing and technique as well) to pull him over.

If Stagg didn't bounce, Hayne wouldn't have stopped him. No matter his timing (unless he was standing infront of him) or technique (maybe if he punched the ball out).

I hate him as much as anyone but I have always given him the credit for what he can do, so stop talking out your ass.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Credit where it's due that was one of the best performances I've seen this season.

For the past month he's been on fire.

Unread

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.