Eels Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
Silence said:
mrslong said:
The cowbell is rung by that stupid storm mascot man.

And silence is right. Their fans are rabid and loyal to the nth degree! Having witnessed it myself this year. They put us Broncos fans to shame really....

Is this sarcasm?

I'm assuming it is.

Thanks for informing me of the cowbell ringer. I must say, it definately takes some of the shine off the crowd's supposed awesomeness. [icon_wink
No Actually I was being serious. I know, amazing right. [eusa_eh :P

I was in Melbourne for our shellacking earlier in the season, we were down by 30 and Billy dropped the pill so I heckled these very serious Melbourne supporters around us and they got angry at me and told me to "shut up & show some respect". I was like WTF [icon_shru , lighten up, my team is getting pumped by your team and you're gonna ruin the one minute of fun I may gain out of this ridiculously painful experience. AND almost every person in that stadium had a Storm jersey/jacket/hat & scarf on. They are very patriotic about their team, a lot like the other Melbournians are about their AFL team I imagine.

They are freakin psycho! And LOUD. Way Louder and more vocal then any Broncos home game I've been too. :oops:

Maybe about 20% of their fanbase is fanatical. The majority just lost interest and need other entertainment such as the Storm mascot riding his motorbike over the opposition toy mascots...

Their fans are insecure numb nuts who feel the need to puff their chests out and hang shit on the opposition supporters, even after they've won by 40+.

Silence said:
Steve said:
Their crowds will improve next year. Fans will want to go to the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium. It's made for rugby league. I saw it just last weekend and it's going to look sensational.

Well of course you did Steve. [icon_wink

How sensational is it looking exactly? Better than Skilled?

Visually it's stunning, maybe even more so that Robina.

mrslong said:
Silence said:
mrslong said:
The cowbell is rung by that stupid storm mascot man.

And silence is right. Their fans are rabid and loyal to the nth degree! Having witnessed it myself this year. They put us Broncos fans to shame really....

Is this sarcasm?

I'm assuming it is.

Thanks for informing me of the cowbell ringer. I must say, it definately takes some of the shine off the crowd's supposed awesomeness. [icon_wink
No Actually I was being serious. I know, amazing right. [eusa_eh :P

I was in Melbourne for our shellacking earlier in the season, we were down by 30 and Billy dropped the pill so I heckled these very serious Melbourne supporters around us and they got angry at me and told me to "shut up & show some respect". I was like WTF [icon_shru , lighten up, my team is getting pumped by your team and you're gonna ruin the one minute of fun I may gain out of this ridiculously painful experience. AND almost every person in that stadium had a Storm jersey/jacket/hat & scarf on. They are very patriotic about their team, a lot like the other Melbournians are about their AFL team I imagine.

They are freakin psycho! And LOUD. Way Louder and more vocal then any Broncos home game I've been too. :oops:

Well Brisbane crowds aren't that hard to beat. [icon_wink As far as Australian sports crowds go, I'd be somewhat inclined to agree with you. Even in an A-League football setting, where most of the franchises' have fans who sing somewhat, the Melbourne Victory fans take the cake by a long way. Melbourne Storm games on television give the impression of a crowd which is riding ever wave on attack and willing their team across the line. They even do simple chants at a higher frequency than most other NRL club fans do as a lame example. With the exception of St. George-Illawarra and Canterubury perhaps.

I live right on the border, so I see a lot of Victorians travelling through, and I spend a bit of time down there with family as well. Storm shirts/hats/jackets are surprisingly common amongst them. And I know a few Melbourne based fans who love it. It does take second place behind their AFL team, but on a bye weekend or an interstate match for their club, they ALWAYS get down to the Storm game.

The problem with Melbourne isn't the fans, it's the media. We get the Herald Sun here in town, and on any given day the sports section will have twenty pages of Aussie Rules and half a page about the Storm. Even the Telegraph gives AFL a fair showing.

Well it's not harder to be louder than Broncos fans at suncorp. Prob some of the quietest in the comp.

I dunno if it's the fans or Suncorp Stadium (and the Gestapo working there) who are to blame for Brisbanes quiet crowds. Origin is pretty good though. Brisbane roar games are still pretty noisy too, but the main supporters group get hassled CONSTANTLY by security and the staff for the most trivial reasons.

Suncorp doesn't accept anti-social behaviour. That includes making noise.

Silence said:
Probably. Who cares though?

Berro was sh*t. icon_thumbs_u
:roll: Berro is an absolute legend and a champion player for us, we wouldn't have a 2006 premiership without Shaun God Berrigan. If you think Berro is shit then you don't know what a good player is. Great in defence and attack and an awesome person who did so much for the Broncos.

Broncospwn, you think every player is God! [icon_lol1.

Seriously, half our team has God as a middle name. [icon_razz1

Scotty said:
I dunno if it's the fans or Suncorp Stadium (and the Gestapo working there) who are to blame for Brisbanes quiet crowds. Origin is pretty good though. Brisbane roar games are still pretty noisy too, but the main supporters group get hassled CONSTANTLY by security and the staff for the most trivial reasons.

For sure, security plays a massive part in the dull crowd.

We do, we do. Now would be an appropriate time to pull out an old relic Scotty.

65_30_05_07_11_44_11.jpg

Scotty has been circled for your convenience. I'm in the back row incidentally. I have since made a move to the direct front of the bay.

I know of your intense devotion to Sunderland mate, but your old Queensland Roar polo would have been more in the spirit. :P Haha.

I didn't have the polo back then. Where did you get that picture anyways? lol

I'm pretty sure the Suncorp security cries whenever there is a roar game on due to the standing bay. Wankers.

Parra were always destined to lose once they came up with this Hayne Train and FuiFui Express bullshyte. When are they going to learn that any reference to their players and trains just doesn't work. Surely Paul Carriage was proof enough of this

OXY-351 said:
Parra were always destined to lose once they came up with this Hayne Train and FuiFui Express bullshyte. When are they going to learn that any reference to their players and trains just doesn't work. Surely Paul Carriage was proof enough of this

Post of the century. Well done sir.

OXY-351 said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Seriously, one of the most enjoyable grand finals I've watched. Watching Parra lose a GF is almost as good as watching Brisbane win one. Seeing Hayne cry brought the 2 even closer together. :twisted:

Emma said:
Seeing Hayne cry brought the 2 even closer together. :twisted:

It's ok Jarryd. There'll be another train soon, especially if you keep hanging out in Kings Cross

682210-2009-nrl-grand-final.jpg

I printed that picture off this morning and stuck it on the computer of a guy I work with (who I can't stand). If I had to look at his smug face had Parra won (like I've had to every Monday morning over the last however many weeks), I think I would have had to punch him. But thanks to Parra, now we don't have to worry about that! [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Midean
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Bongo
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Bronco bob
  • Spoon
  • Skathen
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • ozzball
  • mitch222
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.