• Kotoni Staggs* (Broncos)
  • Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow* (Dolphins)
  • James Tedesco, capt. (Roosters)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
  • Isaah Yeo (Panthers)
*Denotes debutant

So there you go - no Walsh or Mam

Broncos: Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo, Staggs, Flegler

Really sucks to be losing Flegs just as he is going next level. Congrats to Staggs, thoroughly deserved selection

And one final note, how can the NRL be so freaking embarrassing. Haas is listed as a debutant but played in 2019. A simple Google search would have revealed this to them. How hard is it to do a second of research before embarrassing your own organisation.

Nice to see so many boys chosen. It sucks they don’t get a break after such a long season and heartbreaking ending but it is what it is. Be interesting to see if any of the boys get chosen for the other countries. Surely Riki has a chance for NZ

We have the most players in there too, by the looks of it.

I dont get Staggs or Holmes tbh. I was going to say crichton over both of them but realised Samoa is a tier 1 so staggs is probably fair. But holmes? Maybe there just isn't any other options.

What's more annoying is Tedesco being picked. If you want a similar version of a player but younger and just flat out better fucking finally reward Dylan Edwards for 3 years of constant excellence. But it's hard to get out of the clique once you are in especially when you are the captain. Trbojevic also.... give me a break.

Nice to see so many boys chosen. It sucks they don’t get a break after such a long season and heartbreaking ending but it is what it is. Be interesting to see if any of the boys get chosen for the other countries. Surely Riki has a chance for NZ

Riki and Arthars will be in the NZ squad you would think and obviously Herbie for England.

I dont get Staggs or Holmes tbh. I was going to say crichton over both of them but realised Samoa is a tier 1 so staggs is probably fair. But holmes? Maybe there just isn't any other options.

What's more annoying is Tedesco being picked. If you want a similar version of a player but younger and just flat out better fucking finally reward Dylan Edwards for 3 years of constant excellence. But it's hard to get out of the clique once you are in especially when you are the captain. Trbojevic also.... give me a break.

Is Samoa tier 1 now?

I think they are. Someone mentioned it on Facebook somewhere

Wouldn't that mean To'o and Crichton would be ineligible for NSW moving forward then? I imagine it would be officially announced somewhere other than Facebook if it was true.

So I think from that squad, this is the best 17:

1. Tedesco (cannot believe they didn't even pick Ponga, Walsh or Edwards in the squad as well, no idea why Tedesco is such a protected species)
2. Addo-Carr
3. Staggs
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Fa'asuamaleaui
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Murray
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Carrigan
17. Cotter

Cannot believe Jurbo makes it and only one second rower chosen, Fifita a bit stiff to miss out.

Wouldn't that mean To'o and Crichton would be ineligible for NSW moving forward then? I imagine it would be officially announced somewhere other than Facebook if it was true.
I have no idea. I get confused with the rules. You might be right. That makes it even worse that crichton wasn't selected. Or maybe he has just fully committed to Samoa which is actually probably the case. I thought Staggs would have stayed with Tonga too seeing the pay is getting in line.

Some of you guys are worried about too many boys playing internationals but I think the more the better honestly. This one will sting for a while and the Aus camps etc will help them relax. They are very casual environments international camps so it won’t be to exhausting for the players. The first few weeks is probably when the players put on the most amount of weight as well and it just somewhat limits the amount they can put on this way. We easily fit in a pre-season last year with a 6-7 week long World Cup they can play 3 extra weeks this year. They will get plenty of rest and will well and truely be in a condition both physically and technically next year before heading to Vegas don’t worry about that

So I think from that squad, this is the best 17:

1. Tedesco (cannot believe they didn't even pick Ponga, Walsh or Edwards in the squad as well, no idea why Tedesco is such a protected species)
2. Addo-Carr
3. Staggs
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Fa'asuamaleaui
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Murray
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Carrigan
17. Cotter

Cannot believe Jurbo makes it and only one second rower chosen, Fifita a bit stiff to miss out.
should addo carr even be selected considering his role in the brawl and the koori knockout?

A very strong squad no doubt about it and congratulations to the Broncos players selected.

One thing that does annoy me though if a player chooses to play state of origin, then the 1st country they should play for is Australia. Crichton as example should not be able to turn down playing for Australian. Only if they are not selected should they be able to play for a lower tier nation.

And one final note, how can the NRL be so freaking embarrassing. Haas is listed as a debutant but played in 2019. A simple Google search would have revealed this to them. How hard is it to do a second of research before embarrassing your own organisation.
Not sure you can blame "the NRL" for this, but whoever wrote the NRL.com piece, or more accurately whoever edited it.

FWIW, the graphic that accompanies the story got it right.

Pc23 kangaroos squad 4x5

Not sure you can blame "the NRL" for this, but whoever wrote the NRL.com piece, or more accurately whoever edited it.

FWIW, the graphic that accompanies the story got it right.

View attachment 24600

So the graphic gets it right but the list in the article AND the story still say five debutants, including Haas.

I don't care who wrote it, this is the site that officially represents the NRL, they should get these things right, it is unprofessional not to.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • pennywisealfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.