England vs New Zealand Series

I was considering doing the same thing.. how are you planning on watching the league come next year? I'm not sure if it's possible but I wish I could just completely cancel my Foxtel sub during the Rugby League off-season, because the only reason I have Foxtel is for the league and league shows like Matty Johns etc.
I'll probably cave in and get it again, because 2 games a weekend isn't enough for me, the 2nd Friday game is not something I ever want to watch. I'll try streaming again next year, hoping it's not absolute shit, but if it is, I'll probably cave in and get Foxtel again, until '17 when we have Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun games on FTA, then Foxtel can well and truly get fucked. Even if it's Thu/Fri/Sun I'll probably be content with that.

I'll probably cave in and get it again, because 2 games a weekend isn't enough for me, the 2nd Friday game is not something I ever want to watch. I'll try streaming again next year, hoping it's not absolute shit, but if it is, I'll probably cave in and get Foxtel again, until '17 when we have Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun games on FTA, then Foxtel can well and truly get fucked. Even if it's Thu/Fri/Sun I'll probably be content with that.

That FTA agreement isn't until 2018, and it'll be 4 live games on Nine a week, prime time Thursday/Friday/Saturday and Sunday arvo.

That FTA agreement isn't until 2018, and it'll be 4 live games on Nine a week, prime time Thursday/Friday/Saturday and Sunday arvo.
Oh man, I thought it was '17 :( Reason I mentioned three was because I read that Ch 9 might agree to sell one back to Fox Sports, which I what I think will happen.

Can anyone please post highlights? I can't seem to find any

NZ Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney has added experience to his bench ahead of his team’s second Test against England at London’s Olympic Stadium on Saturday (Sunday morning Australian time).

After dropping the opening encounter of the three-test series 26-12 to the home team, the world no.1 team must defeat their rivals this week to keep their hopes for overall honours alive.

The Kiwis led 12-0 after 30 minutes of last week’s contest in Hull, but lost their momentum once Kearney began calling on his replacements.

This time round, the head coach has retained his starting line-up, but recalled veterans Lewis Brown and Bronco Alex Glenn.

They will play in place of first Test debutants, Broncos' utility Kodi Nikorima and Siosiua Taukeiaho.

Nikorima and fellow newcomer Isaac Liu fill out a 19-man extended roster.

“Both these guys we’re bringing in were a bit unlucky to miss out the week before and offer a great deal of experience,” admits Kearney.

“Looking at last week’s game, that will be important for us this week.

“Lewis has done a great job for us in the past and Alex Glenn has had a wonderful year, so it’s just desserts for them.

“We’re in a position where we have to perform and these guys have done it for us before.”

The NZ Kiwis line-up for the second test against England at London’s Olympic Stadium, 2.30pm Saturday (3.30am Sunday NZ) is:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Dean Whare
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Peta Hiku
7. Tuimoala Lolohea
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Issac Luke (c)
10. Sam Moa
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair (c)

Interchange:
14. Lewis Brown
15. Martin Taupau
16. Ben Matulino
17. Alex Glenn
18. Isaac Liu
19. Kodi Nikorima

Glenn Up In Place Of Bronco Mate - Broncos

What that pommy commentator said with the James Graham no try, did I hear correctly?

"It's gone through his hands and come off his legs so that's a knock on. Goal line dropout."

Or did he say it wasn't a knock on?

Last edited:
Video refs Phil Bentham and James Child have been axed for ruling a 20 metre tap after the Graham no try.

Tournament directors said it should have been a goal line dropout.

Why can't the NRL do this?

Sutton also won't be in the middle in the final test. He will be in the video refs box.

Last edited:
Kiwis under the pump right from the kick off.

Where was the penalty against Hall there?

Somebody should tell these Pommy commentators you can't push a player off the ball.

As I say that, beautiful ball from Nikorima. Unfortunately the pass from dummy half was putrid.

Blair got incredibly lucky there.

Poor kick by Hiku ends another opportunity for NZ. They really need Luke to step up here.

Canberra bound Whitehead scores his second try.

England 12-6 ktc with less than 20 to go.

Kahu with the miss-tackle in the lead up.

Big tackle by Matulino!

Kiwis have to score here.

Disgraceful call against the Kiwis.

Now the Poms score and basically lock the series up.

What an incredible pass from Nightingale.

Good offload by Glenn in the build up.

NIKORIMA!!

Kahu scores a sweet try and the Kiwis are back...

Or not, Kiwis need to score twice inside 20 seconds.

Last edited:
That's game.

England 20
New Zealand 14

Kiwis were the better team in the second half, but the Poms made the most of their opportunities.

The Broncos boys did some good things.

We've got a new contender for worst selection of all time.

Omitting Benji Marshall for Peta Hiku, Tuimoala Lolohea and Kodi Nikorima maybe the worst rep selection I've seen since NSW decided that Kurt freakin' Gidley was a better fullback than Jarryd Hayne.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.