Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
England vs Tonga
Totally Wicked Stadium, Sunday 22nd October 2023
Kick Off: 11:25PM (AEST)

England-Banner.png

John Bateman, Thomas Burgess, Daryl Clark, Liam Farrell, Chris Hill, Tom Johnstone, Toby King, Morgan Knowles, Matty Lees, Mikey Lewis, Tommy Makinson, Mike McMeeken, Robbie Mulhern, Harry Newman, Victor Radley, Harry Smith, Danny Walker, Jack Welsby (C), Elliott Whitehead

Tonga-Banner.png

Latu Fainu, Addin Fonua-Blake, Moeaki Fotuaika, Tyson Frizell, Siliva Havili, Will Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Isaiya Katoa, Eliesa Katoa, Felise Kaufusi, Keaon Koloamatangi, Tolutau Koula, Tuimoala Lolohea, Haumole Olakau'atu, Will Penisini, Hame Sele, Mosese Suli, Tevita Tatola, Dion Teaupa, Starford To'a, Siua Wong, Daniel Tupou

That's a try to Tonga.

15 minutes and it's 6-4 to England.

That was really poor from Radley. Bateman wasn't expecting it.

Nice kick in behind the defence from Lolohea and Frizell gets a try on his Tonga debut.

For a moment there I thought Hall was playing for Tonga... That hair from Frizell, what was he thinking?

That was beautiful from Lewis.

We're all square here.

It's half time and it's 12-all.

I think England will win this in the second half.

Isn't Tonga playing in the Pacific nations cup?

Watching Lewis was like watching a slower version of Mam and I’ve thought that most of the ESL season. Lewis was MOTM last night, shows that Mam is such a freak, very special talent.

Frizzell plays for Tonga? Gets around that bloke. Wales, Australia and now Tonga.

best test game soo far, hope Tonga win game 2 to make the series interesting.

with Katoa on the scene and will only get better in the years to come and with Lolohea as their 6 they are the best halves pairing of any Pacifika squad thus far, their forwards are insane too shame the outside backs are pretty shit though, if they had Samoas outside backs plus a good fullback they would be at a Aus, NZ level right now.

best test game soo far, hope Tonga win game 2 to make the series interesting.

with Katoa on the scene and will only get better in the years to come and with Lolohea as their 6 they are the best halves pairing of any Pacifika squad thus far, their forwards are insane too shame the outside backs are pretty shit though, if they had Samoas outside backs plus a good fullback they would be at a Aus, NZ level right now.

Yeah they are fun to watch. Shame Lolohea is old though, not sure who replaces him moving forward.

Yeah they are fun to watch. Shame Lolohea is old though, not sure who replaces him moving forward.

He's not ready yet but if he develops well over the next few years then Latu Fainu seems like the most promising option.

Lolohea still has about another 4-5 years left in him.

I think Lolohea was hard done by in his Tigers stint, in a decent team he would establish himself in NRL imo, his consistent performances with Tonga to me show that he has underlining ability that wasn't allowed to be shown at Tigers, he has looked like the clear best Pacifika half for the last 5 or so years tbh.

The ideal team for how he plays would be Knights to be paired with Gamble in the halves to get the best out of Ponga from what I've seen, atleast going by playing styles this year.

Not sure what Hopoate was doing there, all he had to do was put a hand on the ball.

England get their second try. They have been the better side and unless they capitulate in the second half, this is going to be another win for England.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • Behold
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Financeguy
  • Inknition
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.