FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

What do you think the hold up is with his contract? The longer it drags out the more it’s going to cost!
I think it's likely he stays, the only two clubs that would realistically be able to afford him in PSG and Real will be busy with Mbappe and Haaland. We wouldn't sell to City or anyone else in the EPL, he's already played in Italy and Barca are broke.

Outside of a long shot like Bayern I dont think we have anything to fear. Youd hope fsg realise its easier to pay your existing wc striker than it is to find another.

I think it's likely he stays, the only two clubs that would realistically be able to afford him in PSG and Real will be busy with Mbappe and Haaland. We wouldn't sell to City or anyone else in the EPL, he's already played in Italy and Barca are broke.

Outside of a long shot like Bayern I dont think we have anything to fear. Youd hope fsg realise its easier to pay your existing wc striker than it is to find another.

Problem they may have with Salah is he might just want a new challenge. He will be 30 by the time next season rolls around and he has pretty much done everything with Liverpool. He could quite easily play out his contract an Anfield and move on for a big payday.

Problem they may have with Salah is he might just want a new challenge. He will be 30 by the time next season rolls around and he has pretty much done everything with Liverpool. He could quite easily play out his contract an Anfield and move on for a big payday.
I think his Chelsea days may help us, he had a horrible time there and that would surely remind him that the grass isn’t always greener. He looks to be very happy at Liverpool I’d say FSG are just playing hardball which is silly as strikers of his class are rare as hens teeth.

I think his Chelsea days may help us, he had a horrible time there and that would surely remind him that the grass isn’t always greener. He looks to be very happy at Liverpool I’d say FSG are just playing hardball which is silly as strikers of his class are rare as hens teeth.

I guess the other big attraction for him could be he could go and finish his career back in the middle east. They offer huge money and may want to give something back to the game there, and it would be very attractive financially. I would have said China may be an option but these days the money just isnt there.

OGS is out if his depth. I also think you've completely thrown the balance out accommodating ronaldo. Yeah he does score goals but watching you guys last night, its always wheres Ronaldo, can we cross it to Ronaldo etc etc.

Sancho has done **** all since he arrived. Why isnt cavani getting a run? He always seems to make something happen when hes on.

Cavani wasn't available for the first month or so and wasn't available last night.

I agree about Ronaldo, I was super excited to have him back, but it has thrown us off balance, especially with Rashford fit again. The side without CR7 looks arguably more dangerous.

de Gea
Wan-Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Rashford Fernandes Pogba
Greenwood​

Sancho has shown some flashes in the last 2 weeks, but overall he really hasn't provided any impact at all. Still haven't given up on him by any means, think he's the sort that will take a few months to get comfortable.

The obvious problem we have at the moment, aside from Ole, is that McTominay & Fred are just getting dominated every week, and to accommodate all of the attacking players, Ole is trying Pogba as pseudo-CDM, which has made our defence even worse. The other issue which United fans don't want to talk about is that Maguire & Shaw have been absolutely horrendous to start the season. The amount of times Varane or de Gea has to clean up because of a lazy pass or dispossession from Maguire & Shaw is actually laughable.

Liverpool 4 nil up at half time. United an absolute shambles. This score could get real ugly.

Pogba on at half time and sent off after 15 minutes. Shocking challenge. Be lucky if no one else sees red. Team has completely lost it.

Woke up to that United result. Doesn't actually surprise me. United are pretenders. The whole club is clueless from top to bottom. They need a massive clear out imo.

7F91B04F D526 4F82 9F58 0EC82A254A4B
Get some

Woke up to that United result. Doesn't actually surprise me. United are pretenders. The whole club is clueless from top to bottom. They need a massive clear out imo.
For all the low points since Ferguson left, from Moyes to van Gaal to Jose, I actually think they're in a worse situation now more than ever. For all the good Solksjaer has done, it's going south at a faster rate than ever now. And they're biggest problem is they won't sack him.

In the 25 years I've been seriously following/watching the EPL, I've never seen us turn over United at Old Trafford like that before.

And the reality is, 5-0 was flattering to them. We stopped playing after Pogba got sent - we were already up 5 when they went down to 10! This could've been double figures if Klopp wanted to humiliate them.

United are a complete mess. Shaw and Maguire were atrocious. AWB offers deadset nothing. No one in your forward line tracks back and your midfield outside of Bruno creates zero.

In the 25 years I've been seriously following/watching the EPL, I've never seen us turn over United at Old Trafford like that before.

And the reality is, 5-0 was flattering to them. We stopped playing after Pogba got sent - we were already up 5 when they went down to 10! This could've been double figures if Klopp wanted to humiliate them.

United are a complete mess. Shaw and Maguire were atrocious. AWB offers deadset nothing. No one in your forward line tracks back and your midfield outside of Bruno creates zero.
Fernandes rarely has much of an impact in big games either really.

United need to actually build a team that compliment each other rather than try to buy the big name superstars all the time. They need a coach who actually knows how to build a football team. The logical choice imo is Julen Lopetegui at Sevilla. Not a glamour name from a glamour club, but he's an excellent manager and if they back him and give him the time they have given Ole then I think he would be excellent for them.

Fernandes rarely has much of an impact in big games either really.

United need to actually build a team that compliment each other rather than try to buy the big name superstars all the time. They need a coach who actually knows how to build a football team. The logical choice imo is Julen Lopetegui at Sevilla. Not a glamour name from a glamour club, but he's an excellent manager and if they back him and give him the time they have given Ole then I think he would be excellent for them.
I think this is where a DoF is handy, regardless of who your manager is, you have a nominated playing style/tactical approach and you buy players for that system.

I think this is where a DoF is handy, regardless of who your manager is, you have a nominated playing style/tactical approach and you buy players for that system.
You look at how much they have spent and how far by behind they are it shows their approach is wrong. They always look for the superstar in each position instead of players who perform.

You look at how much they have spent and how far by behind they are it shows their approach is wrong. They always look for the superstar in each position instead of players who perform.
The funniest thing for me as a Liverpool fan is watching the slow-motion car crash of United post Fergie.

For years they laughed at how we crashed and burned, it could never happen to them - they had too much money, too big to fail, they learned lessons from us to prevent it from happening to them, they wouldn't let an old boy come in after a legend and run the club like we did.

And yet, the horror is dawning that they are exactly like us at the end of our run. 9 years and counting without a title, and you realistically can't seeing them win one in the next 5 unless they drop a bomb in transfers + hire a competent coach + hope that Klopp/Pep/Tuchel all drop off in the next few seasons.

Welcome to the wilderness boys.

I've never followed a club in the EPL but I've sort of adopted Manchester United over the last few years purely due to the parallels I see with the Broncos.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.