FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I think they have to consider somebody like him as he is out of work and could start straight away as he doesnt have a club.
I think we'll go with Zidane, but it will likely be one of those two.

I believe Conte is pretty defensive and I think he likes to play 5 at the back, which means wingers arent really used, considering we have Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, etc. it becomes very hard to fit them into the team.

Zidane is a French legend (player wise) which will help them in trying to retain Pogba, he's a big name to put out into the media (Glazer requirement), and hes coached Ronaldo and Varane at Real.

I cant recall what happened with Zidane at Real, but you'd probably want to check in with Varane and Ronaldo about his style.

I dont think we'll take a risk on an unknown as there is no one at the club with any football knowledge to make an informed decision like that.

I think we'll go with Zidane, but it will likely be one of those two.

I believe Conte is pretty defensive and I think he likes to play 5 at the back, which means wingers arent really used, considering we have Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, etc. it becomes very hard to fit them into the team.

Zidane is a French legend (player wise) which will help them in trying to retain Pogba, he's a big name to put out into the media (Glazer requirement), and hes coached Ronaldo and Varane at Real.

I cant recall what happened with Zidane at Real, but you'd probably want to check in with Varane and Ronaldo about his style.

I dont think we'll take a risk on an unknown as there is no one at the club with any football knowledge to make an informed decision like that.
I personally don't think Zidane would be the right choice, but he's a huge name.

If I were united I wouldn't be too bothered about keeping Pogba. He has been very underwhelming in his second spell at United And I'd say he probably, on the back of his performances in the premier league, one of the most overated players going around.

I personally don't think Zidane would be the right choice, but he's a huge name.

If I were united I wouldn't be too bothered about keeping Pogba. He has been very underwhelming in his second spell at United And I'd say he probably, on the back of his performances in the premier league, one of the most overated players going around.
The owners of the club have no idea about football, they just look at the optics and how to make money from the club... so as part of that losing Pogba on a free is bad optics, especially when he's already left the place on a free.

Hence they want to retain him, even if only to sell him at a later date.

On the pitch he has been largely ineffective, but we've also not really put a decent CDM next to him that would allow him to roam and connect with Bruno.

I think the next coach has to be one that can actually play a 4-3-3. That's probably the most suited to the team at the moment, but we have no CDM that can do the role on their own.

Matic is our best bet, but he's getting old now and probably isn't mobile enough to do it all on his own.

The owners of the club have no idea about football, they just look at the optics and how to make money from the club... so as part of that losing Pogba on a free is bad optics, especially when he's already left the place on a free.

Hence they want to retain him, even if only to sell him at a later date.

On the pitch he has been largely ineffective, but we've also not really put a decent CDM next to him that would allow him to roam and connect with Bruno.

I think the next coach has to be one that can actually play a 4-3-3. That's probably the most suited to the team at the moment, but we have no CDM that can do the role on their own.

Matic is our best bet, but he's getting old now and probably isn't mobile enough to do it all on his own.
They should have probably had a bit of foresight and gone for Naglesman as their manager

They should have probably had a bit of foresight and gone for Naglesman as their manager
As I mentioned, zero football knowledge across the club. Woodward was effectively the DOF and he's a fucking banker.

The owners are a US family of billionaires that bought the club on debt and are the only owners in the league to take a dividend every year.

I'd say Ole has largely been retained for as long as he has been, because he's a legend of the club (ie fans wont turn on him), never speaks badly about the ownership (aka puppet of the board) and his contract is cheap as chips compared to top tier managers.

As long as he's making top 4 and getting them that sweet sweet champions league money they're happy to keep him on... unfortunately for them the fans are starting to turn on him and top 4 is at risk, so they have to get rid of him.

Next manager will be about optics and other things rather than foresight, because no one in the club has any foresight from a football perspective.

Conte it is, lets see how all those overrated, over paid young wingers like it in his system lmao
Not to mention wan-bissaka haha, he cant play like shit at rb anymore, theyll have to find a new position for him to be a liability in

United bounce back with a 3-0 win over Tottenham.

Ole Gunnar made a change and went with a back three and a strike pairing of Ronaldo and Cavani and it paid off.

It was good to get the win over a tough opponent.

Spurs are a mess and i feel sorry for Nuno with those players. Kanes attitude has stunk all season, and apart from Son and Romero their players dont look bothered. I think its a toxic club. Nuno doesnt help with how he likes to play at times, but he deserves better than this group who constantly seem to get managers better than Nuno the sack.

Kane was fucking horrible this morning, nice work Levy, you'll be lucky to get 50m for him in the summer the way he's started this season. Does not want to be there at all.

Disappointing draw with Brighton after being 2-0 up but you could tell it was coming. Ox, aside from his assist to Mane, was poor throughout after coming on for Keita.

Draw with Brighton yuck! Going to be hard to catch Chelsea. Leaving ox on after 70m was a poor choice.

Chelsea have it in the bag already
Its nowhere near over yet. Chelsea will have a dip in form. This time last year Man City were 6 points behind Spurs and Liverpool yet they still won the league by 12 points.

Its nowhere near over yet. Chelsea will have a dip in form. This time last year Man City were 6 points behind Spurs and Liverpool yet they still won the league by 12 points.

Now is a great time to put a punt on City. They'll be favourites again in no time.

nah we look way different this season, just cant seem to get anything going, midfield cant disrupt anything and vertical progression has been slow and sluggish and kev is still playing through injury. Attack cant score but its been like that for a few seasons. We'll probably see stones come back for laporte now after that performance

Chelsea have looked pretty decent in a Parramatta Eels flat track bully way. When you look at their fixtures, they have only really played 3 top sides so far and lost 2 ( To Citeh and Juventus ) and drew one ( to Liverpool ).

Citeh will pick up again. They were pretty ordinary at the start of last season as well.

Nuno sacked from Spurs. I fucking hate that club. He never stood a chance there, and they have a group of players who excel in underachieving and who's egos far outweigh their footballing ability. Kane is an absolute grub imo and he's destabilised that whole club. No way are any of the top clubs going to touch a player who puts himself about the team.

Hope Nuno takes his payout and goes and spends some time away from the game with his family. He has looked worn out now for ages and for whatever reason this whole covid saga seems to have affected him on a personal level. He's an absolute gentleman. I still remember him donating almost 500k of his own money to a charity in Wolverhampton.

Shame for Nuno, seems like a good dude and did well with Wolverhampton, not sure what the Spurs board thought they should be aiming for considering their summer.

Conte supposedly the favourite, he'd definitely get them solid defensively. Wonder how Kane would go under him.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • westy316
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.