FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
That red card for Rashford has given Copenhagen hope. They have a spring in their step now.

That's if the mere fact they are playing United didn't already give them enough hope.

You guys are so bad :rofl

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The momentum is gathering in England amongst fans to either get rid or totally revamp VAR. A mass protest against it is coming i reckon. Its actually getting to the stage where its taking the fun, enjoyment out of football, not to mention the emotion of scoring a goal. I'd rather go back to debating bad decisions in the pub knowing it was at least down to a refs mistake rather than a refs mistake followed by mass incompetence. The clowns at Stockley Park make the guys in the NRL bunker look competent.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
The momentum is gathering in England amongst fans to either get rid or totally revamp VAR. A mass protest against it is coming i reckon. Its actually getting to the stage where its taking the fun, enjoyment out of football, not to mention the emotion of scoring a goal. I'd rather go back to debating bad decisions in the pub knowing it was at least down to a refs mistake rather than a refs mistake followed by mass incompetence. The clowns at Stockley Park make the guys in the NRL bunker look competent.
I hope they protest against the PGMOL rather than VAR.

We need the technology but they should automate as much of it as they can.

Reckon your boys are a good chance of frustrating Spurs?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I hope they protest against the PGMOL rather than VAR.

We need the technology but they should automate as much of it as they can.

Reckon your boys are a good chance of frustrating Spurs?

We should be able to get at them with the amount of injuries they have but without Neto we are a bit one dimensional.

I think the fans are going to start protesting against the whole system. The technology is fine. The way its all implemented is grating on fans big time because they just keep getting obvious decisions so, so wrong. There was an interview the other day ( which i will try to find ) where we had a VAR ref come out and basically say he didnt overturn a refs mistake because it would have affected the confidence of the on field ref. Thats pretty damning of the whole system.

I have a lot of friends and my Dad, who go week in week out to games in England, and not a single one of them wants VAR in and shape or form anymore. Fans in the stadiums dont have the same experience a fan watching on TV have. They dont want to have to pause the emotion of scoring a goal and not celebrate while VAR take 2 or 3 minutes to decide if they can.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's not VAR that's the issue, it's the implementation of it in England. It's been an absolute joke, sabotage even.

In Europe and over here, it's mostly been fine, bar a few blips. In England though, it has been laughably bad - like True King says, it's down to PGMOL.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It's not VAR that's the issue, it's the implementation of it in England. It's been an absolute joke, sabotage even.

In Europe and over here, it's mostly been fine, bar a few blips. In England though, it has been laughably bad - like True King says, it's down to PGMOL.

The problem is now though even though the fans know where the issue lies, they just dont want it anymore. They dont like the experience on game day that its created and its going to be very, very difficult to find a system now that appeases the fans. If it was just the casual fans, or the fans that watch on TV i dont think they would be that concerned. If the backlash starts hitting the stadiums and you get the kind of protests that are being talked about ( turning their backs on mass to the game, walking out from their seats part way through a half etc ) then its going to be a very bad look on worldwide TV for the Premier league. Fans in England arent as passive as they are over here for example. A bad atmosphere wont transfer well to the watching world.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Ffs I stay up this late only for wolves to equalise in the 88th minute

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
This is why i can do football. Injury time winner from Lemina!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Man Spurs have been such a grubby team today which isnt that normal from them. We deserve this though!

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I only watched the first half and if it’s anything to go by Wolves were not undeserving victors.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That equaliser from Sarabia was some goal. Brilliant first touch at full pace, and then buries the volley.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
The biggest issue for Spurs has to be despite the fantastic start they've barely put any sort of gap between themselves and the other top 4 contenders.

City, Arsenal and Liverpool aside, they could end this weekend 1pt ahead of Villa and 5pts ahead of United. Newcastle then another point back.

With Maddison and Van de Ven out til the new year, Romero still suspended 2 games and Bissouma now also suspended with Villa and City next - they're a massive chance of free falling down to 5-7th over the next few game weeks.

ps well done Wolves. I haven't watched too many of their games this season but such an entertaining side. I kept close tabs on Lemina back in his Marseille days, even at Juve I thought there was a player there but didn't quite find his feet until he was picked up by Nice. The version Wolves have now is the best version I've seen.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The biggest issue for Spurs has to be despite the fantastic start they've barely put any sort of gap between themselves and the other top 4 contenders.

City, Arsenal and Liverpool aside, they could end this weekend 1pt ahead of Villa and 5pts ahead of United. Newcastle then another point back.

With Maddison and Van de Ven out til the new year, Romero still suspended 2 games and Bissouma now also suspended with Villa and City next - they're a massive chance of free falling down to 5-7th over the next few game weeks.

ps well done Wolves. I haven't watched too many of their games this season but such an entertaining side. I kept close tabs on Lemina back in his Marseille days, even at Juve I thought there was a player there but didn't quite find his feet until he was picked up by Nice. The version Wolves have now is the best version I've seen.

Lemina even admitted up until a couple of years ago he still hadnt grown up and he was still very petulant and ill disciplined. Its probably what held him back. For the type of player he is, its mad to think Southampton often played him as a winger.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Alright the nerves have kicked in.

I hate playing City at the Etihad. Would be very happy with 1 point.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I'll take that.
Great result.

Not often can you walk away from the Etihad after your GK has had his worst performance of the season and its 1-1.

That result was all about the under-appreciated players in our team standing up. Tsimikas, Matip, Mac Allister and Trent were all fantastic, Grav and Gakpo off the bench changed the game.

Once we get Robertson and Konate back fit we're going to be a serious threat to this title.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.