FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

All the City guys whinging at the end to the ref is a real bad look. Credit to United though. Starting to look like a proper team again. Goes to show what a serious manager can do for a team.

We could potentially be equal first on the ladder in our next couple of games if results go our way.

Dodgy win by Man United (that should have been called offside), but happy that Man City lost. No one's catching Arsenal now!!!

All the City guys whinging at the end to the ref is a real bad look. Credit to United though. Starting to look like a proper team again. Goes to show what a serious manager can do for a team.

You cant blame them. That Fernandes goal was an absolute disgrace. Anyone who think Rashford ( who the ball was passed to ) wasn't interfering with play knows nothing about football. Some of the decisions i've seen in the past week or so have been shocking. Disgraceful officiating.

Akanji ***** it for City for being too slow to react.

Akanji ***** it for City for being too slow to react.

Thats irrelevant.

Rule 11.2 says "A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

Rashford was offside when the ball was played. He was active in the play which engaged the defence. Its as clear an offside as you will ever see. If Rashford isnt there, the Citeh defender can engage Fernandes because Rashford wouldnt even be in the play. If he carries on running after the ball and leaves it at the last second, which he did, then he is offside. If he stops running and the ball gets through to Fernandes, then Rashford is inactive and its a fair goal. Its pretty simple. Laughable if anyone on the planet thinks that goal was legitimate.

Akanji was slow to react, he didn't have a hope in hell of getting to that ball before Bruno and he knew it.

They can't penalize Rashford for not having an impact on the defenders ability to challenge for the ball. No City defenders were in a position to touch the ball and divert it away from Fernandes, that's why it was given.

That was a bloody good game last night. As a neutral, I am unsure why United fans are acting like that call wasn't a farce. Offside every day of the week and the cries of outrage would be deafening had it been up the other end..

Certainly gives Arsenal the upper hand in the title race now although I am still not convinced City are done with.

Akanji was slow to react, he didn't have a hope in hell of getting to that ball before Bruno and he knew it.

They can't penalize Rashford for not having an impact on the defenders ability to challenge for the ball. No City defenders were in a position to touch the ball and divert it away from Fernandes, that's why it was given.
The call should have nothing to do with the defenders position. By chasing the ball and looking in a position to take possession, he impacted Ederson's decision making. The GK probably reacts very differently to that scenario if it's just Bruno there and City defenders chasing him, I doubt he hesitates like he did.

If Rashford had truly been passive there he should have stopped running all together. Rashford's pace has to be a major factor in that sort of scenario - Bruno simply isn't as quick and him being the United player there may have changed the outcome.

That's just utter nonsense. Read the rules. It's a clear as day offside. You need to take those red tinted glasses off. The ball was played to Rashford, he chased it. He's active in the play, it's really that simple. Whatever the Citeh defenders did is completely irrelevant because Rashford was active in the play up until Fernandes struck the ball.

You clearly just don't understand the rules.

That was a bloody good game last night. As a neutral, I am unsure why United fans are acting like that call wasn't a farce. Offside every day of the week and the cries of outrage would be deafening had it been up the other end..

Certainly gives Arsenal the upper hand in the title race now although I am still not convinced City are done with.

I've got mates who are united fans and they all know and agree it was offside. If you read the rules, it's offside. It's a bit embarrassing that the officials don't know them really.

You cant blame them. That Fernandes goal was an absolute disgrace. Anyone who think Rashford ( who the ball was passed to ) wasn't interfering with play knows nothing about football. Some of the decisions i've seen in the past week or so have been shocking. Disgraceful officiating.
For the record, I think it was a bullshit call, offside all day everyday.

But to use that to justify players and managers hounding officials off the field at the end of a game is totally wrong. If that's acceptable in the premier league, what do you think is gonna happen all the way down in lower leagues and amateur leagues? Where refs don't have the protection they have in the PL. Cos I'll tell ya, it's happening.
I think they need to stamp out these confrontations. Terrible look for the game.

For the record, I think it was a bullshit call, offside all day everyday.

But to use that to justify players and managers hounding officials off the field at the end of a game is totally wrong. If that's acceptable in the premier league, what do you think is gonna happen all the way down in lower leagues and amateur leagues? Where refs don't have the protection they have in the PL. Cos I'll tell ya, it's happening.
I think they need to stamp out these confrontations. Terrible look for the game.

I dint think it's a good look either, but the ref's have the power to stamp it out and they don't. They need to use the powers they have to stop it.

Don't really know much about the lower levels over here, but I know in England it's not a big issue. Incidents happen, but for the amount of games that get played over there it's not a regular occurrence.

The goalkeeper is 110% sprinting out and kicking that into the next town if Rashford isn't in the vicinity, keeper wouldn't have known he was offside.

I dint think it's a good look either, but the ref's have the power to stamp it out and they don't. They need to use the powers they have to stop it.

Don't really know much about the lower levels over here, but I know in England it's not a big issue. Incidents happen, but for the amount of games that get played over there it's not a regular occurrence.
Yeah the refs have the power to do something about it. But as long as people make excuses for that kind of behaviour, it'll never happen because they don't want to put the fans offside if you'll pardon the pun.

Same as the Klopp incident against City. Shocking behaviour towards an official, that I can't think of any other sport that would tolerate it. But all football fans want to talk about is how he was right to do it, it was a terrible decision by the linesman etc. Anyone that excuses those kind of actions are part of the problem as far as I'm concerned.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • The True King
  • bb_gun
  • Redux
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.