FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Injuries to our back 4 has been a factor this year.

Did we have our first choice defensive line at all??

Martinez was one of our best players last year and we havent had him all year. Not having him meant our ability to play out from the back was fucked, which means Onana comes in but has no one to pass to.

Literally didnt have a left back for half the year because the medical staff said Shaw and/or Malacia would return, but they never did.

ETH built the team around defence last year plus Casemiro... and they've spent the entire year injured... Evans and Maguire has probably been his most selected CB pairing.

Get him some squad depth... he has brought young guys through and they've been some of our best

His post match comments to me suggest he knows he's pretty much gone. Saying he will win trophies elsewhere with other clubs sounds like he's finished at United.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
His post match comments to me suggest he knows he's pretty much gone. Saying he will win trophies elsewhere with other clubs sounds like he's finished at United.
If they do then I hope he does win elsewhere, which I'm sure he will... United going after a fucking championship manager and thinking that will solve the problems... fucking headcases in charge of the club

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did we have our first choice defensive line at all??

Not since our first two games of the season against Wolves and Spurs.

The last time we had Martinez and Varane as our CB pairing was against Wolves at the start of Feb. The total number of times we've had Martinez/Varane as our CB pairing was 4 games.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
😂😂😂

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Not since our first two games of the season against Wolves and Spurs.

The last time we had Martinez and Varane as our CB pairing was against Wolves at the start of Feb. The total number of times we've had Martinez/Varane as our CB pairing was 4 games.
Crazy stat. Just think where you'd be if they were fit all season.

ETH deserves more another season at least

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Ratcliffe looked after the game?

I think he was fully expecting United to lose and he gives the message to Ten Hag after the game that he's sacked, but United winning spoiled that. He looked uncomfortable because he knew how it would look for him and INEOS if they sacked Ten Hag after the game when they just beat the best team in the world to win a trophy.

I think Ten Hag will still get the sack after the "review" next week, but United winning put that off for a bit.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Ratcliffe looked after the game?

I think he was fully expecting United to lose and he gives the message to Ten Hag after the game that he's sacked, but United winning spoiled that. He looked uncomfortable because he knew how it would look for him and INEOS if they sacked Ten Hag after the game when they just beat the best team in the world to win a trophy.

I think Ten Hag will still get the sack after the "review" next week, but United winning put that off for a bit.
As much as I really don't rate ETH as a manager, fully respect how he's played this situation and got the fans on his side.

Of course he will get sacked and when United are in the same spot in 12 months time with no trophies, well history will be kind.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
McKenna is set to stay at Ipswich Town and that's coming from a very good source.

It's starting to look like Ten Hag won't be sacked. There's been a push from the players and staff to keep him. If INEOS want a puppet then Tuchel and Poch are not the managers to sign.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
McKenna is set to stay at Ipswich Town and that's coming from a very good source.

It's starting to look like Ten Hag won't be sacked. There's been a push from the players and staff to keep him. If INEOS want a puppet then Tuchel and Poch are not the managers to sign.
**** I hope so... chopping and changing managers gets us nowhere.

Glazers have a hard on for Poch though... they wanted Poch more than ETH, but fans were very vocal about ETH.... they've probably been looking for a get out.

Poch is a friend to the media as well, so if they went that way it would probably be more a political choice than anything.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Netherlands squad for the Euros.

Koeman leaving out Maatsen and Timber is a bit of a surprise.

GOv BjxWUAAzHqo

Ondi

Ondi

BRL Player
Apr 4, 2024
Timber has been out the entire season with an ACL. He would be of no use to the squad. He looks an amazing player so I'm sure he'll return to the squad once he's had some game time under his belt.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Timber has been out the entire season with an ACL. He would be of no use to the squad. He looks an amazing player so I'm sure he'll return to the squad once he's had some game time under his belt.

Wrong Timber.

His twin brother Quinten who was part of the 30-man provisional squad.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.