Ex-NRL hardman Scott Sattler stabbed by mugger

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Former NRL star Scott Sattler has been stabbed in the shoulder during a scuffle with a mugger while out jogging on the Gold Coast.

Sattler, one of the game's toughest players who won a premiership with Penrith and now works as a TV commentator, was confronted by a man armed with a stanley knife while out jogging on the Southport Broadwater about 6.30pm Sunday.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Wonder where Todd Byrne was. [icon_evillaugh

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
LMOA ... Having spoken to Satts personally today, I'm not sure for whom the incident was more harrowing ... the wouldbe mugger or Satts??!! When the bloke jumped him, he first thought one of the Titans boys was playing a joke ... Apparently the guy quickly realised Satts was a bit above his weight / height division and tried to run off .. When Satts grabbed hold of him, he spun around and lashed out with the blade, cutting Satts on the shoulder ... But then fist met mouth !

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
This reminds me of a mate of mine.

When I was young, I was packing shelves at Marsden Coles. We used to start at 1 am, the Bakers used to start around the same time. My baker mate, is riding from Kingston to Marsden (under the bridge, through the back way...loganites will know where I'm talking) and some dude jumped him, knocked him off his bike and tried to steal his bike.

Scott jumped up (Scotty weighs about 120 kg), grabbed him, sat on his chest and pounded his head.

In the local paper the following week was that "Thumbs up/Thumbs down" column....in thumbs down was; "Thumbs down to the man who jumped off his bike to attack a pedestrian on Monday night"

LOL.Pwned by a fat baker!

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Hammo said:
In the local paper the following week was that "Thumbs up/Thumbs down" column....in thumbs down was; "Thumbs down to the man who jumped off his bike to attack a pedestrian on Monday night"

Danny Weilder was sending stuff to the papers back then.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Did anyone see the bandaid he had on his knuckle?? That was his wound this really shouldn't have made the news IMO

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
Hammo said:

Danny Weilder was sending stuff to the papers back then.

It's funny because it's true! [icon_evillaugh

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
Did anyone see the bandaid he had on his knuckle?? That was his wound this really shouldn't have made the news IMO

There was a good quote I read somewhere, he said something like "Someone's son or brother has half of his tooth in my knuckle today".

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dee
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.