PLAYER Ezra Mam

It would be great if they did, but can't really see it happening... if NRL ban a player because of this stuff then Union will jump in and clean up the scraps.

ESL usually respect the ban although NRL won't really care if they head over there anyway, but they won't want to give union any leg ups.
yeah but who gives a shit about union? nobody. not like it's any consequence if union picks up our discards.

I think the greater "danger" is clubs will just sweep even more shit. people getting paid off to keep quiet etc.

I think to a point, sacked players should be able to be picked up by other clubs providing they complete certain rehabilitation and education courses. I think though, it shouldnt be a quick process. i'd be inclined to say 2 years before you can play again so some of these numbskulls think a bit more about their actions.
Excellent. Can we get T.C. Robati on a train and trial deal please.

What would the story be?

Well they've done stories about Walsh wearing sunnies in the dressing shed for a night game and wearing mail polish etc.

And these rumours are much worse than that "behaviour" IMO.

as this was supposedly happening during the season they could have taken the story down the same road as pokie-gate from the 2019 finals

Those ones that make you drive on the wrong side of the road ?
They must be evil though ?

The accident was near an intersection . If it turns out Mr Uber Driver was in the wrong what you gonna say then . The drugs made him more aware and helped avoid a much more serious accident ? LOL .
Ezras Ranger struck the Uber, that much is clear and at this point undisputed.
The uber driver didn't have a drug in his/her system and charges aren't pending on the B sample for the Uber driver.
I really feel the public in general, including a lot of rusted on supporters are over this club.

This whole situation sucks but the club really is damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Ezra clearly one of the big issues at the club amongst many others.

Those ones that make you drive on the wrong side of the road ?
They must be evil though ?

The accident was near an intersection . If it turns out Mr Uber Driver was in the wrong what you gonna say then . The drugs made him more aware and helped avoid a much more serious accident ? LOL .

You say you will wait and see, then try to defend him 🙄

I'll stick to what i've said personally. If he's been taking stuff he shouldnt have, then i've got no sympathy at all for him. If it turns out its the uber drivers fault, then same deal for him.

Load of shyte. Walters wanted to keep him. Higher ups didn’t wanna pay him what he wanted.

Tbh Kev as right. Spend you time in the lower grades and get good.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Tbh Kev as right. Spend you time in the lower grades and get good.
Kev wasn’t doing that though. He was chopping and changing Deardens position consistently. Cup one week, starting half the next, off the bench for 7 minutes the next, starting then hooked, back to cup.

His handling of Dearden was my first ever criticism of Kev and why I started the thread questioning Kev’s decisions originally, which would eventually become the sack Kev thread.

His completely erratic approach to Desrden’s development was the first canary in the coal mine

Load of shyte. Walters wanted to keep him. Higher ups didn’t wanna pay him what he wanted.

Specifically

"From being hailed as Brisbane’s next playmaking whizkid, Dearden suddenly fell out of favour with Broncos coach Kevin Walters, who refused to table an offer for the promising playmaker despite a poaching threat from Queensland foes the Cowboys."

And

"But after just 22 NRL games, the Broncos began to lose faith in their young gem. Walters was so unconvinced he showed footage of Dearden to people he trusted in the game and asked them if they could see something special he wasn’t seeing himself."

Walters didn't rate him.

Are there actually any comments in here that are surprised that a football player hits up drugs though?

He's bought the club into disrepute yet again within weeks of the first occasion.

He's tested positive to said drugs, after being behind the wheel of a car that crashed into another. It's now an issue because of that.

Are you just hell bent on being against the expectations of society, or are you just hell bent on causing drama?
Me? I don't care about drugs. But if I were his employer, who specifically pays him to stay in shape physically and mentally, I might think differently.

As for the accident. I don't know the circumstances and whether intoxication might've played a part, so I'll refrain from an opinion.

You only have to go to the Valley on the weekend to see them out and about.

In saying that, I don't mind if they party hard if they perform on the field.
Or anywhere between Mermaid Beach and Burleigh on the GC, (particularly Burleigh Pav and Justin Lane).
Anytime I've seen the players out at the above establishments they haven't been doing anything wrong or inappropriate, but they have been 'well hydrated' 😅

Specifically

"From being hailed as Brisbane’s next playmaking whizkid, Dearden suddenly fell out of favour with Broncos coach Kevin Walters, who refused to table an offer for the promising playmaker despite a poaching threat from Queensland foes the Cowboys."

And

"But after just 22 NRL games, the Broncos began to lose faith in their young gem. Walters was so unconvinced he showed footage of Dearden to people he trusted in the game and asked them if they could see something special he wasn’t seeing himself."

Walters didn't rate him.
Walters didn't rate Walsh either. Anyone who wants to rewrite that into being about money must not remember his lukewarm comments after the trial game where he stood out like dog nuts.

Active Now

• scobie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • broncoscope
  • Harry Sack
  • Bronx48
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • jarro65
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.