PLAYER Ezra Mam

Yep i'd get on board that. Not a long term solution but also, isn't in the headlines for being a druggie loser.
Also, Mam barely kicked or passed. He basically just stepped and went himself for 5m every time he got the ball. If that’s the bench mark, **** it, put Cobbo at 6. At least when he just goes himself he’ll be a handful.

Also, Mam barely kicked or passed. He basically just stepped and went himself for 5m every time he got the ball. If that’s the bench mark, **** it, put Cobbo at 6. At least when he just goes himself he’ll be a handful.
Yep, i'm sure we can find some other 80kg child to run the ball straight to the opposition. I'm sure his replacement could even miss some tackles and throw an intercept like Mam as well.

This is were the game needs to progress.

I want to say that all contracts should have performance clauses. A large percentage paid out week to week, but 20% held back for performance clauses.

The money not paid out, should be funneled into a either the NSW or Qld cup administration based on the players origin standing.

Players giving back, clubs not feeling abused.
If you're the club that puts performance clauses in your contracts, then the manager will just take his player to somewhere that doesn't.

If they make performance clauses global and part of every contract, they would probably have to be above the salary cap (so pretty much just ends up the same), but players will just go to successful clubs where it is more likely that the performances will be met because of the club's success... so you would end up giving successful clubs discounts on salaries and crap clubs will have to pay more to get players to come anyway.

As it is the "bringing the club/game into disrepute" is basically a "performance clause" anyway... if he's found guilty he'll either get fined (broncos don't get to see that back on their cap) or the club can justifiably sack Ezra and the impact will be that his $850k contract is torn up.

Unfortunately the only beneficiary will be the next club that he signs with, because they will get Ezra on a discounted deal.

Broncos will only get their cap space back.

I feel like this is in the same category as when I mentioned loading for on-field indiscretions. Eg, if there are more than one factors, they need to be compounded. Grade X high tackle, whatever, but Grade X high tackle, that was also a Grade X shoulder charge, that was also Grade X dangerous (eg, late), they rack up.

Same with this. Car accident? Nothing, even if he was at-fault. Car accident with positive test? That's a problem. Car accident with positive test AND unlicensed? You're fucked (if all three are proven true).

Looking at it from outside, with no background knowledge, I'm just saying it's possible these sort of actions (reckless + stupid) have been going on for a while with a few of the players, but they are treated like rockstars, and up until now, nothing bad has ended up happening. But it was inevitable, and a wake-up call for all of them.

Even if he doesn't get sacked, the club can still use this as a turning point without appearing to be soft. Ie, "This, right here, is why you all need to pull your fucking heads in. It's only so long that you can trounce around like superstars and think you're untouchable, before it can all come crashing down (literally) in an instance. No more of this bullshit, you're supposed to be elite, you're paid to be elite, with that takes sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices, you're not elite, you're just entertainers, so **** off and be an influencer on Instagram".

The next dipshit who does something dumb can **** off, and anyone who doesn't like it can **** off too. @Wolfie is probably right, the way Haas was forgiven multiple times for being a fuckwit may have enabled this culture. Yes he is elite, and yes, he was one of the few pinnacle players in our squad, so it was hard to imagine us winning a premiership without players like him in our squad. But here we are, how many years later, and even with him, we still haven't won shit. Would have been better to cut him and set the standards back then, and build the squad on culture, not talent.

If you're the club that puts performance clauses in your contracts, then the manager will just take his player to somewhere that doesn't.

If they make performance clauses global and part of every contract, they would probably have to be above the salary cap (so pretty much just ends up the same), but players will just go to successful clubs where it is more likely that the performances will be met because of the club's success... so you would end up giving successful clubs discounts on salaries and crap clubs will have to pay more to get players to come anyway.

As it is the "bringing the club/game into disrepute" is basically a "performance clause" anyway... if he's found guilty he'll either get fined (broncos don't get to see that back on their cap) or the club can justifiably sack Ezra and the impact will be that his $850k contract is torn up.

Unfortunately the only beneficiary will be the next club that he signs with, because they will get Ezra on a discounted deal.

Broncos will only get their cap space back.
I respectfully disagree, and I don't think you've grasped what I said.

The contract registered with the NRL, Includes all sweeteners of 20% including the non performance money; eg a player is registered for 500k on salary cap, but his guarantee is 80% of that . 20% of that contract is a sweetener for performance KPIs. Said player, signed for 500k, is entitled to 400k but has the opportunity to realise the rest of contract based on performance.

Lawyers, player managers cut will increase based on said players performance.

I respectfully disagree, and I don't think you've grasped what I said.

The contract registered with the NRL, Includes all sweeteners of 20% including the non performance money; eg a player is registered for 500k on salary cap, but his guarantee is 80% of that . 20% of that contract is a sweetener for performance KPIs. Said player, signed for 500k, is entitled to 400k but has the opportunity to realise the rest of contract based on performance.

Lawyers, player managers cut will increase based on said players performance.
What I'm saying is there would be a club that would pay that player the full $500k without the performance clauses, but what are the KPI's you are thinking?

Correct. Preliminary tests only do cannabis, cocaine and methylamphetamine
Again, there are many prescription drugs and over the counter drugs that can cause false positives for the drugs mentioned. I failed a drug screen for meth a few weeks ago due to an antipsychotic medication that I’m prescribed for sleep. Even CBD oil can still cause you to test positive for THC. Antidepressants such as Zoloft can cause false positives for booger sugar. Over the counter drugs like Sudafed can also cause a false positive for it.

What I'm saying is there would be a club that would pay that player the full $500k without the performance clauses, but what are the KPI's you are thinking?
It doesn't change what I stated. If a club wants to offer a player a million, 800k is guaranteed, but 200k is performance based. The contract registered with the NRL is for a million. The salary cap still intact, but all players need to meet performance criteria to realise full contract. Unrealised money goes to grass roots.

Respectfully, what don't you understand?

I feel like this is in the same category as when I mentioned loading for on-field indiscretions. Eg, if there are more than one factors, they need to be compounded. Grade X high tackle, whatever, but Grade X high tackle, that was also a Grade X shoulder charge, that was also Grade X dangerous (eg, late), they rack up.

Same with this. Car accident? Nothing, even if he was at-fault. Car accident with positive test? That's a problem. Car accident with positive test AND unlicensed? You're fucked (if all three are proven true).

Looking at it from outside, with no background knowledge, I'm just saying it's possible these sort of actions (reckless + stupid) have been going on for a while with a few of the players, but they are treated like rockstars, and up until now, nothing bad has ended up happening. But it was inevitable, and a wake-up call for all of them.

Even if he doesn't get sacked, the club can still use this as a turning point without appearing to be soft. Ie, "This, right here, is why you all need to pull your fucking heads in. It's only so long that you can trounce around like superstars and think you're untouchable, before it can all come crashing down (literally) in an instance. No more of this bullshit, you're supposed to be elite, you're paid to be elite, with that takes sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices, you're not elite, you're just entertainers, so **** off and be an influencer on Instagram".

The next dipshit who does something dumb can **** off, and anyone who doesn't like it can **** off too. @Wolfie is probably right, the way Haas was forgiven multiple times for being a fuckwit may have enabled this culture. Yes he is elite, and yes, he was one of the few pinnacle players in our squad, so it was hard to imagine us winning a premiership without players like him in our squad. But here we are, how many years later, and even with him, we still haven't won shit. Would have been better to cut him and set the standards back then, and build the squad on culture, not talent.
If it was a mistake to not get rid of Haas back then, why would the club not get rid of Mam now? Better off starting now rather than repeating the same mistakes. And I don't think the club can use it as much of a turning point without firing him tbh (obviously dependent on the tests and investigation turning out poorly for him). They probably got a talking to after Bali and that doesn't appear to have done much.

I actually think staggs might be a shout if mam is out for an extended period.... lot of reasons not to put him there but just get the feeling it'd work with madge's coaching style

Putting aside the positive test and unlicensed driving, the CCTV footage is quite damning.

Either distracted by something (a phone) or completely cooked. Only reasonable excuses would be a medical episode or swerving to avoid another vehicle/pedestrian.

Extremely fortunate no one was seriously injured. What an absolute fucking loser dickhead.

It doesn't change what I stated. If a club wants to offer a player a million, 800k is guaranteed, but 200k is performance based. The contract registered with the NRL is for a million. The salary cap still intact, but all players need to meet performance criteria to realise full contract. Unrealised money goes to grass roots.

Respectfully, what don't you understand?
So you're saying a global part of every contract then.

Does every team have $10m, but $2m of that are bonuses if players meet "KPI's"? OR does every team have $10m + whatever the bonusses are?

I'm assuming you will go with $10m but $2m are bonusses, which basically means Tigers are playing with an $8m salary cap and Panthers have $10m.

But you still haven't told me what KPI's you are thinking of?? .... if it's wins then players are going to go to the better teams (i.e. panthers, storm, etc.), because they will win more games and hence achieve the KPI's to get their bonusses.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • I bleed Maroon
  • upthebroncs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.