Falou..... Worth it, or Not?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Ok, Just a question for discussion.
According to must rumors falou is on 400-450k and yet as it appears he will be playing wing for the majority of the season, was this a major fuckup by the broncos to pay this huge money for a winger who will touch the ball 8-10 times a game? Is he worth the money considering who we lost to kepe him, we could of for example kept kemp for 200k.

IMO, I think the broncos got caught in the hype. I still think Falou is a great player who will be very good for us, but I think the broncos paid overs.

Discuss.. What do you think, Worth it, or Not?

Well, I've been thinking about it. He is probably the 2nd best winger in the world (after Inglis), he has the potential to attract a whole heap of new viewers/supporters and make money for the side, he doesn't get involved in any incidents off the field, he never seems to get injured. I'd say yes, he's worth it. I was against it last year though.

Too early to decide.

Besides, he is not on 400-450K. I have heard his deal is a fair bit lower, but rises each year.

I don't think the club is foolish enough to hand out 450K to him just yet, or in the future for that matter. I think we will see him move into the centres permanently by next season.

Don't think they were caught in the hype. People criticise Bruno Cullen a fair bit, but IMO he's always handled player's contracts well in terms of extending their deals or letting them go.

Worth it. He's a big draw card. Very marketable, great for crowd figures. Besides, without him we didn't win last night. He's already won us one game. It's really a perfect combination. Brisbane continue their left wing play like they always have in past seasons. If it doesn't work, then on the next tackle they bomb for Folau. It's perfect for our game play and he's definitely worth it IMO. Also, his contract is backended I believe, so at present he's not getting that much each year.

Alec said:
Well, I've been thinking about it. He is probably the 2nd best winger in the world (after Inglis)

Inglis hardly even plays winger anymore. Maybe in Origin and Tests otherwise he is a centre or five-eighth.

Folau is a better winger then him anyway IMO.

Folau has scored 2 trys in 2 games so far this season, one of those games he was playing center. The amount of trys he will score for us wherever he is playing will be worth what we're paying him. And the amount of money he is on is pure speculation isn't it? So we don't even know if he is in fact on that amount of money anyway.

IMO, to early to say whether he has been worth that money, however just to clear some things up;

Alec; Inglis is the arguably the world's best centre, not winger.

broncospwn; Falou has already touched the ball far more than "8-10" times in the games he has played. He works very well at getting the ball out of our half.

Hammo said:
Alec; Inglis is the arguably the world's best centre, not winger.

I agree with that too. I think he's arguably the best in both positions. If he played fullback, he could probably be considered even there.

Howzat! said:
Two words: Hell & Fark Yeah :mrgreen:

Thats 4 words!!!

Folau= Worth every penny! No one else would have done what he did last night.

Who is Falou anyway? Pretty sure we don't have a player by that name.

lol, folau! :P

The Rock said:
Folau will touch the ball when he needs to, and even if he has a permanent role on the wing, I guarantee you that he'll touch the ball just as much as he would in the centres! It's not even worth discussing. Folau is a machie and when he wants the ball he'll get it, whether that's on the wing or in the centres.

And it's round 2 - How can you make a judgment based on 2 rounds?
I'm not really judging on form, i think he's been good, I just mean if he'll play wing all season then 450 k was overs considering some here were saying kemp would of been overs for 250k.
BUT if as some here say he's on 350k then IMO he is worth it.

broncospwn said:
The Rock said:
Folau will touch the ball when he needs to, and even if he has a permanent role on the wing, I guarantee you that he'll touch the ball just as much as he would in the centres! It's not even worth discussing. Folau is a machie and when he wants the ball he'll get it, whether that's on the wing or in the centres.

And it's round 2 - How can you make a judgment based on 2 rounds?
I'm not really judging on form, i think he's been good, I just mean if he'll play wing all season then 450 k was overs considering some here were saying kemp would of been overs for 250k.
BUT if as some here say he's on 350k then IMO he is worth it.

what is a machie????

Jeza23 said:
Howzat! said:
Two words: Hell & Fark Yeah :mrgreen:

Thats 4 words!!!

Folau= Worth every penny! No one else would have done what he did last night.

Summed up beautifully. Wouldn't pay any less for him (even though I have no clue what he is being paid!)

Agree with him not being on 450k yet. Personally I dont think he is anyway - as mentioned perhaps accumulative. No way 450k x 4 years.

Folau isn't on 45ok yet but he will be in 2 years and yes he is well and truly worth it. You won't get any bad press from Folau and he will play his heart out for us every game. Folau is going to keep the fans coming to games.

The Rock said:
Beads6 said:
Folau isn't on 45ok yet but he will be in 2 years and yes he is well and truly worth it. You won't get any bad press from Folau and he will play his heart out for us every game. Folau is going to keep the fans coming to games.

Yep. He's a crowd pleaser and exciting player, he's extremely valuable to the team - This kid has it all. He is our Lote Tuqiri but better!!

I wouldn't be too sure about him being a better player then Tuqiri.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.