Falou..... Worth it, or Not?

Yep, worth every cent I paid for him.

Oh, wait........

ok just to side track a little hunt or folau for the same price

I can't split them. Both are outstanding in different ways. But if having them both means losing guys like Yow Yeh, Kenny etc, no.

He's a good bench player. A solid utility to come off the bench for impact.

last|soldier said:
He's a good bench player. A solid utility to come off the bench for impact.

Who? Folau?

I think last|soldier is dyslexic. He spells Stagg F-O-L-A-U :P

It would be nice to see Folau in open space one day, not that he looks like he is going to take an intercept anytime soon ... just for a look at what he's got

Another comparison would be Wendell in some ways ... Must say, although Wendell is obviously getting old, has lost his speed completely and must weigh in at around 105kg's ... was most impressed with what he did for the Dragons the other day vs the Tits ... a LOT of hit ups, and a number of them really good quality. Considering the effect his personality would have on the team, the work he is now doing and how much he is being paid (presumably) ... if one can look past his indiscretions - what a super buy he is starting to look like.

Now, it is my opinion that Folau bends the line moreso than Wendell when taking a hitup. Both aren't much chop doing a dummy half.

I'm torn whether I'd like to see Folau used as another prop doing 15-18 hit ups a game ... what would the long term effects be ? bigger and slower I'd suspect, necessitating the need for him to move into the backrow at age 25. But if we are going to pay 350k for a winger, I almost think he has to do the hard work ... so we get an extra forward for hitups, superman for bombs, and a man mountain that if isolated, not many wingers can handle.

Pretty much agree with the summaries of Lote above ... is a shame we never saw him in his prime in League. But he never had Wendell's swerve/step as a younger man and perhaps Wendell was marginally faster too. For a winger, of the 3, Wendell (over the course of his career) is still in front, and by some margin too. But I suspect Folau will get him in years to come.

350 - yes
400+ ... not convinced yet, but might be one day ... certainly not the worst buy ever

Oink !

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Socnorb
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.